PDA

View Full Version : My Nerdness is better than your Nerdness!!!

DoctorWhofan
05-07-2010, 06:45 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?id=1650062572&pid=558623

Because DDO forums is too big for this awesome sauce!

there is more than one photo!

flynnjsw
05-07-2010, 06:59 PM

Can't view it
/cry

Amberyll
05-07-2010, 07:05 PM
I agree you are more nerdie than I. The only claim I can make is recognizing some of that.

:)

sirdanile
05-07-2010, 07:05 PM
This pic wants to make me add the goddess of tempest spine as a friend... hmmmm

FMP, FF7, FMA conqueror of shambala poster, penguins (madagascar?), katana in picture frame, various clocks, metals, mirrors, and assorted doohickeys.

That is totally NOT a farmville photo BTW!!!1!1!

Edit: is that an axe on the left wall?

Zzevel
05-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Your not THAT nerdy... we have the same TV stand! :eek:

/.... nice Voltron!

DoctorWhofan
05-07-2010, 07:15 PM
THe Penguin is from PenPen from Evangelion.

I'll put captions on them. I thought I did but I didn't take!

I know itisn't Farmville. Can't change the photo album!

sirdanile
05-07-2010, 07:16 PM
D'oh how could I forget the penguin from evangelion! X_X

*rewatches both the show and the movies*

:o oh theres 27 pics not just the first one... *nerdrage at being inferior*

DoctorWhofan
05-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I have captions now! Wooot! This is JUST my Living Room!

Marcus-Hawkeye
05-07-2010, 08:06 PM

hahahaha voltron.... sweet...

DoctorWhofan
05-07-2010, 08:19 PM
hahahaha voltron.... sweet...

I know!! Voltron is so campy cool!

DoctorWhofan
05-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Ohhh! Hubby reminded me. I will have to take a pix of the bathroom next!

Talon_Moonshadow
05-08-2010, 11:43 AM
Wow! Somehow I missed this thread.. lol

You've got me beat. My family loved going to Comicon in San Diego more than I did..

My personal collection is limited to all the Star Trek DVDs, some other DVDs. My Legion of Super Heroes comic book collection, my Vampire cape for Halloween. and my box of what is left of my Star Wars figures from when I was young. That box also includes some news paper ads for the movie. Including one that says something like "103rd hit week!"

Unfortunately it's all still packed away in the Navy's hands right now. But will have to make it's way to more accessible storage soon.

My wife and kids have a bunch of anime stuff. Figures...etc.

But no where near your collection.

Wish I had taked you up on that Luao(sp) in Hawaii. Didn't know about Kawaicon till recently. Would've made my family like Hawaii a lot more.
Went to Megacon in Orlando this year.

Funny your house looks a lot like a nerd convention... lol.

tomfar72
05-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Your Nerd-fu is impressive...most impressive.

Jiipster
05-08-2010, 12:14 PM
All this tells me is that you're a nerd with bad (read: different from mine) taste ;)

DoctorWhofan
05-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Fail Talon, fail. I TOLD you!!

And yes, this is only one room. It shall continue as I go along with Spring cleaning. NEXT: downstairs bathroom, Kitchen, and Diningroom (where our fire was)

Talon_Moonshadow
05-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Fail Talon, fail. I TOLD you!!

And yes, this is only one room. It shall continue as I go along with Spring cleaning. NEXT: downstairs bathroom, Kitchen, and Diningroom (where our fire was)

I was able to come up with some video footage of the fire.... sadly I couldn't get any sounds of the commotion at the house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfO2L5XO4gs

:D

MarcusCole
05-08-2010, 03:02 PM

The Nerd is strong with this one.

DoctorWhofan
05-08-2010, 06:04 PM
The Nerd is strong with this one.

Notice pic #22??

Rameses
05-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Holy Hanna-Barbera is that a Smurf on the rail over the posters?

I am, Rameses!

MarcusCole
05-08-2010, 06:49 PM
Notice pic #22??

Yes and bonus points for the Zim house. :p

DoctorWhofan
05-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Holy Hanna-Barbera is that a Smurf on the rail over the posters?

I am, Rameses!

Two beanie babies, the Ronald Reagan commisioning ceramony one I got as a Re-enlistment gift from my re-enlistment officer (and friend). The blue one is the Sept. 11 bear that I was given as a thank you from a stranger for serving.

I used to collect them, not anymore. I kept a few that were special.

DoctorWhofan
05-08-2010, 08:14 PM
Yes and bonus points for the Zim house. :p

Episodes are inside.

rezo
05-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Cool, no very cool but, do have a sakabatō (reverse-blade sword)??? :D :D

DoctorWhofan
05-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Cool, no very cool but, do have a sakabatō (reverse-blade sword)??? :D :D

Picture #9 the left in the black stand. We have several upstairs.

oops! The hubby corrected me. two of the swords in #11 are sakabatos the wooden on is just a Katana.

Ashurr
05-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Icingdeath and Twinkle, heh hel yeah.

DoctorWhofan
05-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Icingdeath and Twinkle, heh hel yeah.

dUH, What kind of DnD players would we be if we had hall those swords and there no DnD swords hanging.

DoctorWhofan
05-09-2010, 08:19 PM
Hey, I'm cool with you guys being my friends on Facebook, just let me know who you are.

Stamp3de
05-09-2010, 08:30 PM
Dam, I had that same Final Fantasy poster. *High Fives*

DoctorWhofan
05-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Dam, I had that same Final Fantasy poster. *High Fives*

It's wall scroll.

Talon_Moonshadow
05-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Hey, I'm cool with you guys being my friends on Facebook, just let me know who you are.

Hmmmm....how to explain to the wife that I met this cute elf chick on the internet and I want to add her to my Facebook friends? ;)

Then there is the 100 Facebook friends, of which 90% of them have no idea I play Dungeons and Dragons!
The real reason my house does not look like yours is that I am very much a closet geek. But that probably comes from insecurity issues.

DoctorWhofan
05-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Hmmmm....how to explain to the wife that I met this cute elf chick on the internet and I want to add her to my Facebook friends? ;)

Then there is the 100 Facebook friends, of which 90% of them have no idea I play Dungeons and Dragons!
The real reason my house does not look like yours is that I am very much a closet geek. But that probably comes from insecurity issues.

For me, it's why be like anyone else? bor-ING! If you have it, flaunt it! :p

Talon_Moonshadow
05-09-2010, 10:01 PM
For me, it's why be like anyone else? bor-ING! If you have it, flaunt it! :p

FB friend's request sent. :)

I was at the Tampa Bay renassance(sp) festival recently, and said to myself that these are the people I should be friends with..... not for me so much but for my kids...they would love that crowd.

Most of my FB friends are from my high school band. Another large group is from the Navy. I had enough problems trying to get respected as a Naval Petty Officer, without showing my nerdy side. And I was hoping to use FB to help find a job.

it's funny, my Hotmail sig says: Electronics Technician and Adventurer! yet I'm always editing it out to send something official looking. I really am a closet geek.

Mild mannered professional by day, red and blue tights sitting at hanging secretly tucked away in the closet.

(anyone know where I can get an NX-01 ball cap that does not say Star Trek on it?!)

lazylaz
05-09-2010, 10:03 PM
Wow! There's more nerdiness in one room than my whole family can manage in one lifetime. So jealous. I'll have to show my wife so she can take the capital N out of her tone when she calls me one lol. We're going to rebuild our house soonish and I had planned on a nerd space for my self but now that I can see what you can do with more space...

Nice one.

DoctorWhofan
05-09-2010, 10:07 PM
FB friend's request sent. :)

I was at the Tampa Bay renassance(sp) festival recently, and said to myself that these are the people I should be friends with..... not for me so much but for my kids...they would love that crowd.

Most of my FB friends are from my high school band. Another large group is from the Navy. I had enough problems trying to get respected as a Naval Petty Officer, without showing my nerdy side. And I was hoping to use FB to help find a job.

it's funny, my Hotmail sig says: Electronics Technician and Adventurer! yet I'm always editing it out to send something official looking. I really am a closet geek.

Mild mannered professional by day, red and blue tights sitting at hanging secretly tucked away in the closet.

(anyone know where I can get an NX-01 ball cap that does not say Star Trek on it?!)

My hubby holds PnP sessions when the ship is aaway. You are not in the Navy anymore, flaunt that inner geek in you! YOur kids will love it! Nerd is the new black

DoctorWhofan
05-09-2010, 10:09 PM
Wow! There's more nerdiness in one room than my whole family can manage in one lifetime. So jealous. I'll have to show my wife so she can take the capital N out of her tone when she calls me one lol. We're going to rebuild our house soonish and I had planned on a nerd space for my self but now that I can see what you can do with more space...

Nice one.

Go ahead. Being a geekgirl is alot of fun! And people remember your house. People tend to stare for 30 minutes and LOOK. GREAT conversation breaker.

Talon_Moonshadow
05-09-2010, 10:17 PM
My hubby holds PnP sessions when the ship is aaway. You are not in the Navy anymore, flaunt that inner geek in you! YOur kids will love it! Nerd is the new black

well my first LPO was my favorite DM. :p

I remember rolling for initiative and him saying, "all right! the good guys got it!" then I started to tell him what I was going to do, and he said, "Wait, you aren't the good guys, you're invading their home." :eek:

He also used to draw little stick figures on his laminated dugeon maps to show where the dead boddies were...

And I had a chief who kicked y butt at VGA Planets. Also went to a D&D game I was DMing...didn't play but threw in an occasional comment, which was more creative than anything the players came up with.

But that was a long time ago.....when I worked around air dales. ;)
The surface Navy was less nerd friendly. I was TAD with one guy from the ship in VA and asked him if he wanted to go to a Star Trek convention....he looked at me...thoght about it, and said: "Ok, but don't you dare tell anyway!" Not sure if he ever forgave me when they found out. :D

(although Brinks was my best RL Navy friend, and made Chief.)(he's not on FB though. :( )

DoctorWhofan
05-10-2010, 03:20 PM
well my first LPO was my favorite DM. :p

I remember rolling for initiative and him saying, "all right! the good guys got it!" then I started to tell him what I was going to do, and he said, "Wait, you aren't the good guys, you're invading their home." :eek:

He also used to draw little stick figures on his laminated dugeon maps to show where the dead boddies were...

And I had a chief who kicked y butt at VGA Planets. Also went to a D&D game I was DMing...didn't play but threw in an occasional comment, which was more creative than anything the players came up with.

But that was a long time ago.....when I worked around air dales. ;)
The surface Navy was less nerd friendly. I was TAD with one guy from the ship in VA and asked him if he wanted to go to a Star Trek convention....he looked at me...thoght about it, and said: "Ok, but don't you dare tell anyway!" Not sure if he ever forgave me when they found out. :D

(although Brinks was my best RL Navy friend, and made Chief.)(he's not on FB though. :( )

My first DDM was the local teenager and I was 8 years old. THank you Sammy and Micheal, whereever you are, letting a kid play DnD.

MarcusCole
05-10-2010, 03:30 PM
I started playing D&D when I was 10, but then that was only 10ish years ago... (Actually first RPG I played was the Babylon 5 one by Mongoose Publishing which used the 3e D&D PHB as a basis, and I ended up converting to primarily D&D.)

DoctorWhofan
05-10-2010, 05:55 PM
I started playing D&D when I was 10, but then that was only 10ish years ago... (Actually first RPG I played was the Babylon 5 one by Mongoose Publishing which used the 3e D&D PHB as a basis, and I ended up converting to primarily D&D.)

Try 1980 for me.

MarcusCole
05-13-2010, 02:17 AM
:)

MarcusCole
05-16-2010, 10:42 PM
I miss this thread, I think we need newer pics :p

DoctorWhofan
05-19-2010, 02:34 PM
I miss this thread, I think we need newer pics :p

Working on it! It's cutting into my gaming time!

(FYI: I had a fire so that is what is REALLY cutting into my gaming time. A small one. Two small fishtanks, their stands and gear that was plugged into a power strip and one drywall sheet was effected.)