PDA

View Full Version : Rogue/Fighter

LugnutEU
05-02-2010, 04:13 AM
I am thinking of making a new alt. Want a trapmonkey with decent endgame dps. I am thinking drow Rogue12/Fighter8 (yes I know rogues are better at odd levels, but 12 gives assassin II, and 8 ftr gives extra strength and feat. I'll be dual wielding rapiers (with kensai I), str should hit mid 20s, dex mid 30s, and a starting con of 14 should mean decent hp. My only concern is low saves, obviously paladin/monk splashed instead of fighter would increase ac/saves, but would it be a lot less dps?

Any thoughts appreciated

Verengor
05-02-2010, 04:32 AM
Imo 12 fighter (kensai II)/rogue 8 is better than 12 rogue (assasin II)/Fighter 8.

You might want to take a look here:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=243485

I'm playing something similar (Halfling). The build works fine with any other weapon type aswell. To be able to cover the rogue skills you should start with a bit different starting stats (12 or 14 int). I started with 12 int. I got maxed UMD, Disable device, search, 10 ranks in OL (I can open all important locks with that score) and some points in other skills Jump/tumble,...

Lorien_the_First_One
05-02-2010, 04:50 AM
Assassin 3 is some of the most fun, and best DPS you can get in a rogue. 18/2 rogue fighter or 19/1 rogue/fighter

If you aren't doing rogue full out, then there is very little benefit in going with more than 2 levels of rogue.

Noctus
05-02-2010, 02:59 PM
The optimal Rogue cutoff-points are 1,2,7,13,19.

P.S.
The only sting 8th compared to 6 levels of fighter gives you is a bonusfeat. Much, much, much ess usefull than a 2nd rogue special and -10% aggro though enhancements on 13th rogue level!

Artos_Fabril
05-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Assassin 3 is some of the most fun, and best DPS you can get in a rogue. 18/2 rogue fighter or 19/1 rogue/fighter

If you aren't doing rogue full out, then there is very little benefit in going with more than 2 levels of rogue.
I disagree. Every odd level increases your sneak attacks, 7 gets you SB2, 8 gets you uncanny dodge, 10 gets you improved evasion, 13 gets you crippling strike (great between Rad II and epic, then much less so) and SB3, 12 gets acrobat II for showtime and knockdown immunity.

Aside from that, depending on what you're multi-classing with, you may need the skill points from rogue levels to keep your skills up.

Although if you're not already planning 3 classes, taking 6 ranger levels and 2 rogue levels will generally see a greater benefit with tempest I than taking 8 levels of rogue. I think that might be the better choice in this case, 12ftr/6rng/2rog.

GhoulsTouch
05-02-2010, 03:46 PM
I am thinking of making a new alt. Want a trapmonkey with decent endgame dps. I am thinking drow Rogue12/Fighter8 (yes I know rogues are better at odd levels, but 12 gives assassin II, and 8 ftr gives extra strength and feat. I'll be dual wielding rapiers (with kensai I), str should hit mid 20s, dex mid 30s, and a starting con of 14 should mean decent hp. My only concern is low saves, obviously paladin/monk splashed instead of fighter would increase ac/saves, but would it be a lot less dps?

Any thoughts appreciated

I am dual classing barbarian with rogue and dps is truly off the hook, the main problem is exactly what you stated...low will saves. If you have high intel you can play catch up on primary skills however, and higher hp is definately a perk for a rogue.

I guess I need to invest in elven enchantment resistances : /

unbongwah
05-03-2010, 09:11 AM
12 gives assassin II
Bear in mind your Assassinate DC is partially based on your rogue level (DC 10 + INT mod + # of rogue lvls), so if you stop at rogue 12, you're gimping that ability at higher levels. Also, most people insist that Assassin III is where assassins really shine. So if you want to be an assassin, you should go for rogue 19 with a splash of fighter or monk.