PDA

View Full Version : Divine Blender

tha.rev
04-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Looking for some feedback and critiquing of this build, it was an idea I've been kicking around, self healing via scrolls and LoH. UMD almost anything, evasion, decent saves. tempest. not sure about AC etc. I plugged in the enhancements all at 20. and not sure about feat progression. one of my first builds. Be cruel if you must. but be honest!

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 3.34
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Level 20 Lawful Good Warforged Male
(12 Paladin \ 2 Rogue \ 6 Ranger)
Hit Points: 382
Spell Points: 164
BAB: 19\19\24\29\29
Fortitude: 25
Reflex: 23
Will: 18

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 20)
Strength 15 22
Dexterity 13 17
Constitution 14 18
Intelligence 12 14
Wisdom 6 8
Charisma 14 18

Tomes Used
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 20)
Balance 5 7
Bluff 2 4
Concentration 2 4
Diplomacy 2 4
Disable Device 5 19
Haggle 2 4
Heal -2 -1
Hide 1 3
Intimidate 2 4
Jump 6 18
Listen -2 -1
Move Silently 1 3
Open Lock 5 11
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 5 6
Search 5 22
Spot 2 9
Swim 2 6
Tumble 5 8
Use Magic Device 6 27

Level 1 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Force of Personality

Level 2 (Ranger)
Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Giant

Level 3 (Ranger)
Feat: (Selected) Dodge

Level 4 (Paladin)

Level 5 (Paladin)

Level 6 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Mobility

Level 7 (Ranger)

Level 8 (Ranger)

Level 9 (Ranger)
Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Evil Outsider
Feat: (Selected) Spring Attack

Level 10 (Ranger)

Level 11 (Rogue)

Level 12 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 13 (Paladin)

Level 14 (Paladin)

Level 15 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Oversized Two Weapon Fighting

Level 16 (Paladin)

Level 17 (Paladin)

Level 18 (Paladin)
Feat: (Selected) Combat Expertise

Level 19 (Paladin)

Level 20 (Paladin)
Enhancement: Ranger Skill Boost I
Enhancement: Ranger Sprint Boost I
Enhancement: Paladin Item Defense I
Enhancement: Paladin Bulwark of Good I
Enhancement: Paladin Bulwark of Good II
Enhancement: Paladin Bulwark of Good III
Enhancement: Paladin Resistance of Good I
Enhancement: Paladin Resistance of Good II
Enhancement: Paladin Resistance of Good III
Enhancement: Paladin Divine Righteousness I
Enhancement: Paladin Extra Lay on Hands I
Enhancement: Paladin Extra Lay on Hands II
Enhancement: Paladin Redemption I
Enhancement: Racial Toughness I
Enhancement: Racial Toughness II
Enhancement: Racial Toughness III
Enhancement: Racial Toughness IV
Enhancement: Ranger Tempest I
Enhancement: Rogue Sneak Attack Training I
Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device I
Enhancement: Ranger Search I
Enhancement: Paladin Devotion I
Enhancement: Paladin Devotion II
Enhancement: Paladin Energy of the Templar I
Enhancement: Paladin Energy of the Templar II
Enhancement: Paladin Energy of the Templar III
Enhancement: Paladin Charisma I
Enhancement: Paladin Charisma II
Enhancement: Ranger Dexterity I
Enhancement: Ranger Dexterity II
Enhancement: Paladin Toughness I
Enhancement: Paladin Toughness II
Enhancement: Paladin Toughness III
Enhancement: Paladin Toughness IV
Enhancement: Paladin Divine Light I
Enhancement: Paladin Divine Light II
Enhancement: Warforged Constitution I
Enhancement: Warforged Constitution II

Would have Voice, Minos, +6 stat gear, Spectral Gloves, Assorted Docents and armor bracers.. etc.

Murderface
04-17-2010, 09:21 AM
did you know tempest stacks with the spell zeal so its 20% and not just 10?
you will lose evasion but meh u dun need it imo
14/6 pally ranger its called the tempest zealot build its very nice

Humperdink
04-21-2010, 06:01 PM
My first thoughts are you lose the spell Holy Sword which is a +5 holy burst weapon against all raid bosses (really nice if you don't want to make dual greensteel weapons) and 10% attack speed bonus from the Zeal spell, but you'll have 10% from tempest so that balances. The highest DPS paladin of the group will be a 14paladin/6ranger, but no UMD or evasion. An 18paladin/2rogue will have Zeal spell, Holy sword, UMD, and evasion. Just some things to consider.

Impaqt
04-21-2010, 06:18 PM
My first thoughts are you lose the spell Holy Sword which is a +5 holy burst weapon against all raid bosses (really nice if you don't want to make dual greensteel weapons) and 10% attack speed bonus from the Zeal spell, but you'll have 10% from tempest so that balances. The highest DPS paladin of the group will be a 14paladin/6ranger, but no UMD or evasion. An 18paladin/2rogue will have Zeal spell, Holy sword, UMD, and evasion. Just some things to consider.

you can still have a very respectable UMD as a 14Paly/6Ranger.

Aschbart
04-21-2010, 07:20 PM
A couple of issues:

1. You're missing 1 ability point in your build ( I count 31 points?).

2. Also you're skipping GTWF -- that accounts for more than 10% attack speed, entirely negating the tempest benefit. You need to start with 14 Dex and hope for a +3 tome, or start at 15, so you can get this feat. Apart from the tempest prereqs this is about the most important feat to take!

3. IMHO Combat Expertise is a waste on a pally, you have (or should have, see below) tons of clickies and every single one will deactivate your CE. So drop CE, drop your Int, use the stat points for Dex instead and the feat for GTWF.

4. You will have a hard time to keep your trap and locks skills at sufficient levels for elite content with an Int score of 8 (which would be the score I'd advise based on point 3 above). Maybe you should just forget about traps, and just stick with Open Locks. Many quests have extra shrines behind locked doors, so beyond some bonus loot a decent open lock skill will be quite useful. Or drop rogue entirely as suggested above.

5. Your enhancements look odd for a TWF pally. Is this build meant for tanking, DPS, or healing? And why didn't you pick up one of the prestige enhancements? In your initial post you are hinting at your intent to fill several roles. But the way you chose your enhancements you'll not be able to fulfil any of these roles:
- for healing, choose another class! Paladins are not made for healing, the only useful ability to that end is lay on hands, everything else is just a waste of APs.
- Paladins can tank, but then the TWF feats (and prerequisites you picked up to get them) are wasted. You cannot tank without a shield, and you should pick up the Defender of Syberis PrE and fulfil the requirements. The ranger lavels would be wasted on such a build, and you should aim for at least paladin 18 to get DoS III. On a sidenote, without any decent DPS (see below) and without initimidate (you didn't put any ranks into it) you simply will be ignored if ever you try to tank. How did you intend to bind the mobs to yourself?
- If you want DPS, then you need Extra Smite, Divine Sacrifice, and Exalted Smite (these are the clickies I mentioned above) Divine Might would also be nice, but it takes an inherent Cha score of 18 and pala level 15 to get tier III, and tier IV requires pure pally. You'll also need to pick up the Knight of the Chalice PrE, and while it's not mandatory, KotC tier III would be nice to have. But I can see how Tempest makes up most of that loss.

P.S.: I'd start such build at 16 15 16 8 6 13, put level bumps into strength, don't waste APs on Dex, Con or Cha except to get from an uneven score to an even one (depending on tomes and gear). Enhancements go into Extra Smite, Exalted Smite, Divine Sacrifice, Divine Might, Attack Boost, and whatever the prereqs for KotC are. There won't be a lot points left and most of those should go into low(!) tiers of LoH, toughness, and Aura improvements.