PDA

View Full Version : Need a preview window for Cosmetic Items

EAB
03-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Turbine if we are going to spend on hard earned DDO points on cosmetic gear, you NEEED to give us a preview window so we can see what it looks like. As pointed out by the Bunny helm that the name is totally misleading. This way we can see how our toons look berfore spending the points!

Memnir
03-24-2010, 09:40 PM
How is the bunny hat in any way misleading?
It's a hat. And it looks like a bunny. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

That notwithstanding...
I do agree that the pictures showing hairstyles and hair colors need work, and lots of it. Most of the hair colors only 'kinda' look like they do ingame as they do in the picture... and the hairstyles are horrible in showing you how they'd look.

Cosmetic items should give us a clearer idea of how what we are buying will actually look.

EAB
03-24-2010, 09:42 PM
How is the bunny hat in any way misleading?
It's a hat. And it looks like a bunny. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

That notwithstanding...
I do agree that the pictures showing hairstyles and hair colors need work, and lots of it. Most of the hair colors only 'kinda' look like they do ingame as they do in the picture... and the hairstyles are horrible in showing you how they'd look.

When you put the hat on it looks nothing like the name suggestions. A lot of items in DDO look nothing like their icon. If you are going to buy gear from the store to enhance our look, the least Turbine could do it add a preview window. It would be nice if they would add this to the Auction House as well!

Memnir
03-24-2010, 09:46 PM
We'll agree to disagree on the bunny hat. But, I'm with you on the need for a better idea on what you are buying - and I think the need for such a thing extends beyond the store.

However, since it's been asked for since the 05/06 beta... I'm not going get my expectations up.

jcTharin
03-24-2010, 10:03 PM
When you put the hat on it looks nothing like the name suggestions. A lot of items in DDO look nothing like their icon. If you are going to buy gear from the store to enhance our look, the least Turbine could do it add a preview window. It would be nice if they would add this to the Auction House as well!

they need to do a lot of stuff for the AH oh wait.

Polish and Fixes
Now, I know some of you are saying, “It’s nice you are doing new things but why don’t you work on reducing bugs in releases and improving those things that are already in the game?” OK, maybe you didn’t all say it quite so politely, but we hear what you are saying.

On this topic, first let me say that we are absolutely committed to making DDO the highest quality free-to-play game on the market. If on occasion we fail to live up to this high standard, we take steps to adjust how we work to make things even better. To this end, I am happy to share with you that we have recently expanded our QA team and we are re-working some of our processes around how we manage testing on our private and public test servers.

We also have lots of highly requested small improvements and fixes in the works and we will get them to you as soon as possible. On the sooner side, we are making Mass Heal work on parties of up to 12 players, making some improvements to weapon sets and fixing some bugs in key maps. Some bigger requests which we also hope to get done this year include adding string search to auctions, improvements to avatar animations and doing a polish pass on ranged combat.

they are.
http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0810/miracles-beer-demotivational-poster-1223794897.jpg