PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about a OSX Client

froggontherocks
03-14-2010, 08:37 PM
I know there isn't one now but I was planning on buying Imacs for our next computers and I know I can use it under bootcamp just fine and apparently parallels too. Anybody know how well it runs under parallels is it comparable to bootcamp or slower? The big thing i was wondering is if there are any thoughts about a native mac client? I'm personally hoping there is one in the near future as I have no issue with windows or anything like that but just don't like the idea of having to give up Hard drive space for an os just to run a game lol.

Tomw
05-13-2010, 08:52 AM
With Steam games now officially available for Mac systems, I too am ready to chuck the PC hardware. In the process I would love to continue to play DDO, but fear that I will need to cancel my subscription because I will be unable to play (bootcamp/parallels is not an option).

Any plans for a Mac Client Release? Any time table?

Newtons_Apple
05-13-2010, 08:55 AM
I know there isn't one now but I was planning on buying Imacs for our next computers and I know I can use it under bootcamp just fine and apparently parallels too. Anybody know how well it runs under parallels is it comparable to bootcamp or slower? The big thing i was wondering is if there are any thoughts about a native mac client? I'm personally hoping there is one in the near future as I have no issue with windows or anything like that but just don't like the idea of having to give up Hard drive space for an os just to run a game lol.

As far as I know there has never been a plan to release a Mac OS client.

And as far as hard drive space goes, that's cheap and plentiful. Not really a concern IMHO.