PDA

View Full Version : Dragon shard fragments.

Gorstag
03-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Not sure about everyone else, but I kinda get tired of these things cluttering up my invintory and bags. So I was thinking, of how we can set our end rewards based on class or not, how about a option to remove dragonshard fragments from our loot tables. It's just save me abit of time and annoyance is all. If you want your dragonshard fragments, simply leave it turned on.

prowessss
03-15-2010, 04:45 AM
ingredients bags house them... and you can use the stone of change to combine them into bigger more valuable pieces.

Kaervas
03-15-2010, 04:59 AM
ingredients bags house them... and you can use the stone of change to combine them into bigger more valuable pieces.

The problem is, ingredients bags only hold 1000 of any single item, and you can't have more than 1 stack of any given item in the bag.
At higher levels you will commonly see 500+ fragments in a single looting, and on top of that you can get multiple stacks of fragments from a single looting of a chest. Granted, it doesn't happen very often, but when it does happen, the ingredients bag is far from adequate.
Unless you empty the fragment stacks from the bag at every available opportunity (and bank/stone of change/account bank/mail them off) they add up pretty fast and the ingredients bag overflows.

Another (slightly) silly thing is that the larger grades of Siberys shards do not fit in the ingredients bag while Khyber shards do. I'm not quite sure why, but it would save up to 5 slots if they did, and allow the ingredients bag to store many more effective fragments, as the combined fragments would be able to return to the bag in full Shard form.

Personally, I like getting the fragments since I have a running project of seeing how long it takes to combine a single Flawless Siberys Dragonshard out of the fragments I pull (I am a little less than half way there, so far), and I'm a binding junky so I go through the Khyber shards quite fast. I also use Trap the Soul moderately often, but that burns through fragments (or gold, if you buy the Tiny shards to combine) at a frightening pace.
I do agree that they tend to stack up pretty fast, but if you don't want them, I'm pretty sure someone else in your party will be more than happy to take them off your hands.

Alavatar
03-15-2010, 01:31 PM
I vote for the fragments to stack up to 100,000.

Krag
03-15-2010, 02:25 PM

^^
This

Lorien_the_First_One
03-15-2010, 02:27 PM

Or even easier, make the first transition from fragments to flawed be at 10:1 instead of 100:1. Then they could cut the drop rate by 90%, we'd have the same end result in value but with 10x the available stack/bag space.