PDA

View Full Version : Enable comments on Guild (and Who) panel(s)

sephiroth1084
03-10-2010, 03:47 PM
I have a lot of people in my guild, and have a difficult time remembering who is who a lot of the time, especially with those guildies who have a lot of alts, or who aren't on very often. Some, such as myself, make it easy by employing a fairly consistent naming convention (see sig) across their characters, but that isn't always the case.

Therefore, I'd like to gain the ability to create comments on people's names in Guild chat just as we can in our Friends List.

Having this function for the Who panel would also be nice.

sephiroth1084
04-06-2010, 06:11 AM
With the influx of new guild members, and the constant addition of alts to existing members, the need for the ability to add notes in Guild tab is becoming more and more important. Really, this seems like a very simple fix, and something we should have had long ago.

Puh, puh, puhWEASE!! :)

Sinni
04-06-2010, 06:37 AM
/signed

and add group status and maybe location to the friend list like you do in the guild list and /who. it's a pain to always do a /who to check if a friend is already in a party

Silver_Shadow
04-06-2010, 10:18 AM
The social panal guild tab could use a sub tab call recruitment show all guild looking for new members, guild details and their join requirements. I was think of letting players join up 3 guilds per charcter. The guild tab needs guild notes which
notes so we can see meeting dates, guild website, and anything else the guild members need to know. And I want to see guild members and friends notes so I see their play times, party members, and other charcters they play as. Finally, the who tab needs to show groups and group leaders.

Geonis
04-06-2010, 10:22 AM
I like the above, but alter it a little, let each account join ~3 guilds, and list characters by account so they are easy to associate.

Kalari
04-06-2010, 01:11 PM
/signed id love to be able to put a note that allows others to know when im on timer so instead of having to respond to every tell my cleric gets when im doing something else it can be seen that "this cleric is on timer for the following raids"

sephiroth1084
04-06-2010, 04:10 PM
While the additional suggestions many have put for would be really nice, all I want for the time being is the ability to label my guildmates with notes so that I can remember who the hell I'm talking to! :rolleyes:

Sure, it's very easy to identify Hordo and myself, due to our fairly static naming conventions, but others don't do this, and it can be difficult to remember that Sorglyphia and Adenosi are the same person, especially when you start tacking on 3, 4 of 10 names to that list of alts.

And using the Friends List as a fix for this is poor, since the list has a finite number of slots, which could easily be filled just by friending all of my guildies, and I'd then have no room for friending folks who I group with outside of guild.

Kalari
04-06-2010, 04:17 PM
While the additional suggestions many have put for would be really nice, all I want for the time being is the ability to label my guildmates with notes so that I can remember who the hell I'm talking to! :rolleyes:

Sure, it's very easy to identify Hordo and myself, due to our fairly static naming conventions, but others don't do this, and it can be difficult to remember that Sorglyphia and Adenosi are the same person, especially when you start tacking on 3, 4 of 10 names to that list of alts.

And using the Friends List as a fix for this is poor, since the list has a finite number of slots, which could easily be filled just by friending all of my guildies, and I'd then have no room for friending folks who I group with outside of guild.

True in my guild alone there are many nights we will go "hey who is that?" lol Ive had it done on my newer alts to even though the elf female with brown skin look should give it away to most of them (darn drunks lol) its really hard to keep track and a note system would go a long way.

/signed

Captain_Wizbang
04-06-2010, 04:45 PM
you might as well have a myddo link attached to everybody!

Yet another thing this game DOESNT need!
More UI stuff.
We need fixes to the current game before moving on with an all access system!

Sorry,

+1 for forward thinking though.

sephiroth1084
04-06-2010, 05:31 PM
you might as well have a myddo link attached to everybody!

Yet another thing this game DOESNT need!
More UI stuff.
We need fixes to the current game before moving on with an all access system!

Sorry,

+1 for forward thinking though.
Thanks, but the people who would be implementing this change likely aren't the ones fixing or developing much else. And this should be supremely simple to do, since the Friends List already uses this tech. All I'm asking is for that ability to get ported over to the Guild Panel, not some drastic change like linking MyDDO to stuff.

sephiroth1084
04-06-2010, 05:32 PM
Oh! And this seems especially relevant considering the announcement that the devs are working on guild housing.

sephiroth1084
04-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Aaaand necroing my own thread with the (once again) renewed focus on guilds. This seems especially pertinent as Turbine appears to be trying to entice players who have played and left the game to return, and it would help them a lot if they actually knew who they were talking to...

C'mon devs, this seems like a rather simple change (move the Friends List tech over to the other tabs).