PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Blessing of the Traveler

Gambill
02-18-2010, 04:18 PM
How do you get the Blessing of the Traveler withough buying them throught the DDO store? If there is even a way. I have been reading up and I don't see how posted any where.

I am probably just overlooking it somewhere, I tend to get bored reading :)

Crysto
02-18-2010, 04:28 PM
Independence brought some changes to Bolivian church-state relations. The Roman Catholic Church retained its status as the nation's sole religion. Except for a brief period during the 1870s, this pattern continued throughout the nineteenth century. At the same time, however, the new Bolivian government quickly asserted its primacy over the church. In 1826 President Antonio José de Sucre Alcalá (1825-28) took control over the collection of church tithes, closed all monasteries with fewer than twelve persons, and seized church lands. These actions permanently weakened the church as a political force.

Further changes occurred in the twentieth century. In 1906 the government proclaimed religious toleration and permitted the establishment of non-Roman Catholic churches. (Theres no way to get Blessings of the Traveler other than the 1 freebie apart from buying them from the DDO Store) In 1961 the government relinquished its right under the patronato nacional (the successor to the patronato real) to mediate in church affairs. No longer could the government have a voice in conciliar decrees, briefs, or bulls that the pope issued or play a role in the selection of high-ranking church officials. The Constitution of 1967 grants official status to the Roman Catholic Church but also guarantees the public exercise of all other religions.

Turgar
02-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Independence brought some changes to Bolivian church-state relations. The Roman Catholic Church retained its status as the nation's sole religion. Except for a brief period during the 1870s, this pattern continued throughout the nineteenth century. At the same time, however, the new Bolivian government quickly asserted its primacy over the church. In 1826 President Antonio José de Sucre Alcalá (1825-28) took control over the collection of church tithes, closed all monasteries with fewer than twelve persons, and seized church lands. These actions permanently weakened the church as a political force.

Further changes occurred in the twentieth century. In 1906 the government proclaimed religious toleration and permitted the establishment of non-Roman Catholic churches. (Theres no way to get Blessings of the Traveler other than the 1 freebie apart from buying them from the DDO Store) In 1961 the government relinquished its right under the patronato nacional (the successor to the patronato real) to mediate in church affairs. No longer could the government have a voice in conciliar decrees, briefs, or bulls that the pope issued or play a role in the selection of high-ranking church officials. The Constitution of 1967 grants official status to the Roman Catholic Church but also guarantees the public exercise of all other religions.

+1 rep for giving me a laugh!

Gambill
02-18-2010, 04:39 PM

Forced me to find it :P. At first I thought that it was a crazy response.

Loki
02-18-2010, 06:13 PM

+1 to you; well played sir!

FoggyKnight
02-18-2010, 06:22 PM
+1 rep to you. Luckily, my eyes don't read every single word and I spotted Waldo within a few seconds.

phalaeo
02-18-2010, 06:30 PM

You have rep.

Tribe33
02-27-2010, 09:51 AM
"dont get your hopes up tho, it will take about 40 blessings of the traveller to get a lesser heart of wood +3"

IgorHackNSlasher
02-27-2010, 09:56 AM
"dont get your hopes up tho, it will take about 40 blessings of the traveller to get a lesser heart of wood +3"

Not true, it is luck of the draw but I got a heart on my 4th turn in. Gave up after that.

SolarDawning
02-27-2010, 10:15 AM

I've only turned in one Blessing, and got a heart from it.