PDA

View Full Version : What does "death effects" encompass?

brian14
02-02-2010, 07:17 AM
Dolurrh, Realm of the Dead jelly cake protects one from "energy drain and death effects". What exactly are these, and what creatures inflict them? I ate a Dolurrh cake before final battle in Chamber of Insanity (boss is a spectre IIRC) and very nearly got killed anyway, but no level draining occurred. Against wraiths I never used Dolurrh cake, and did not notice anything beyond plain damage.

Sirea
02-02-2010, 07:22 AM
Death Ward blocks Death spells (like FoD), level drain, vorpal, some stat damage (strength, but not con, I believe), spells like Inflict X and Harm.

brian14
02-02-2010, 09:07 AM
So from which creatures can I expect to see all that?

Kahath
02-02-2010, 09:21 AM
So from which creatures can I expect to see all that?

Certain high level casters cast enervation. Certain mobs have vorpals, like the kobold boss in part 2 of the shroud. Beholders casts FoD, a DB item helps. Just to name a few.

brian14
02-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Certain high level casters cast enervation. Certain mobs have vorpals, like the kobold boss in part 2 of the shroud. Beholders casts FoD, a DB item helps. Just to name a few.
I am ranger 7, and still puttering around Marketplace (well, counting Houses around Marketplace). Sounds like except for specters, I won't run into any "death effects" monsters for a while.

Speaking of which, how DO I get to Gianthold, Shroud, and other areas not directly connected to Harbor and Marketplace? And how does I get The Twelve to actually talk to me?

Impaqt
02-02-2010, 09:51 AM
I am ranger 7, and still puttering around Marketplace (well, counting Houses around Marketplace). Sounds like except for specters, I won't run into any "death effects" monsters for a while.

Speaking of which, how DO I get to Gianthold, Shroud, and other areas not directly connected to Harbor and Marketplace? And how does I get The Twelve to actually talk to me?

Gain more levels. GH is ML10, Shroud is ML12. Once you reach those levels, you can then talk to the NPC's and make your way to those locations.