PDA

View Full Version : Best Solo Class/Build that can do elite?

hezakk
01-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Ive tried many builds, but the best I came up so far was a cleric. but I want a char that can solo elite as well. highest i got was lvl 4 cleric.
I want to go to harbor and be able to solo elite. I can solo hard, but not elite.

7-day_Trial_Monkey
01-10-2010, 08:35 PM
Any class can solo elite, as long as they are high enough level above the quest. If you mean level 4 char solo level 4 quests on elite, good luck finding that build.

Temet
01-11-2010, 12:17 AM
Soloing elite still takes some modicum of skill albeit not much (and enough cash to have a potion supply). That said, at low levels I would think that a Monk is probably your best bet. Once you hit level 8 though a WF Sorc would be better (my current character - I'm about to cap it through soloing and have run most of the quests I grind on elite).

erethizon
01-11-2010, 12:46 AM
The secret to soloing elite is having enough money to waste to be able to buy a ton of potions.

Clay
01-11-2010, 01:04 AM
Favored Soul. Hands down.

honkuimushi
01-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Soloing the harbor at level 4 is more a matter of skill than build, though having some self healing and being Warforged can make it easier. Melee builds generally have an easier time of it.

My first build on Cannith, a 28 point dwarven Bard 3/ Fighter 1 had very few problems doing Korthos and the Harbor Hard and Elite.

The problem is, making a build specifically to solo the harbor is that it often stats to lag soon after. I would worry about finding a solid build and learning the quests first. Don't be afraid to try stuff in the market or houses either. Once you have a better idea of the game, soloing the harbor should be pretty doable.

Why are you stopping at 4? It seems to me your first step should be to find a class or build that you like to play and taking it as far as you can. That doesn't always mean doing quests up to Elite right away. Doing a higher level quest on Normal or Hard is usually easier than doing a lower level quest on Elite.

spyder7723
01-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Its been my experience that traps on elite are one shot kills starting at level 5/6. For that matter there is a trap in durks got a secret that does 150 or more in damage. So if I was planning on making a solo based toon id take a level or two of rogue.

Teilean
01-11-2010, 07:45 AM
17 Cleric/2Monk/1 Rogue is a elite soloing monster

Same as Most WF Sorc Builds

FvS and Monks as well.

MrWizard
01-11-2010, 11:55 AM
I would say at different levels different classes...

high end, I would go favored soul

mid range sorc

low range melee.

it is hard to solo elite dungeons, many are just hard to do.

High saves, incredible energy resists, really good weapons, high ac, high dps, good DC on spells, max damage on spells...one mistake and you are dead.

low level stuff is different than high level...

melee are great until elemental damage and casters start popping up, then it is a bit hard. Casters are great until immunities to their spells crop up or they run out of mana. Clerics are good but must slowly melee while healing until blade barrier and insta kill available.

why not just get some friends and group through the stuff?
Most players will pick a dungeon they like and is a challenge, then try to solo norm, hard, then elite....and then brag on the forums.

But return versus investment versus time it just makes more sense to group.