PDA

View Full Version : I will giggle at you

Kalari
01-04-2010, 05:02 PM
I will giggle at you..

I will giggle at you if you join my group and type share plz expecting me to do so

If you have a really funny voice or try to make a bad joke I tend to giggle more at bad jokes then even the good ones.

If you join hear a female voice and try to play Cassanova.. yeah big time giggles

If you die, and heck you may hear my son giggle at you to

If you brag about your uber "ooze bane" weapon against constructs.

If you talk about class roles in a party where your the only one who is not filling out a particular role and are basically piking.

If you take things that others say in this game so personal you let it make you want to quit, be upset or anything besides want to move on and laugh it off.

Im not above taking things seriously but I always sheepishly come back after doing so because I realize after "**** girl its a game not worth getting the panties in such a twist over." There are plenty of things im stubborn on to but its just a game my fun wont be the same as yours but if it is we probably will group together. If its not i'll probably avoid you like the plague thats just the way it is. Im not asking for us to all get along, just to get over this need for everyone to be friends. Without enemies I have no way to sharpen my skills *grins*

spifflove
01-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Wow what a lonely place....

Come here Kalari you need a hug little tyke!:)

Kalari
01-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Wow what a lonely place....

Come here Kalari you need a hug little tyke!:)

LOL I dont do hugs and lonely? I wish if I were lonely id probably be in the forums whining about how no one loves me :p

This was just a tongue in cheek jab at the "I will boot ya guy anyway" Ive only had to boot a few times and can count on one hand and they always deserved it even if they tried to say other wise.

All in all the message is clear no matter how much we let things get to us its a game its meant to be enjoyed and laughed at :)

Oh and if your a wf dude in a pink towel with bow docent I will giggle at you or if your just a guy who dont know the default for WF is female and find out when they give their battle cry.. omg /falls off chair laughing.

DoctorWhofan
01-04-2010, 05:22 PM
I don't giggle...I laugh meancingly at you, which is hard to do in a Mickey Mouse pitched voice.

Rumbaar
01-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Is pressing the share button really that hard? I know I tend to find and have active any non elite run quests, but why not make it easier to play or get a party together?

Wow you never die?! Nice can I group with you?! :D

Kalari
01-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Is pressing the share button really that hard? I know I tend to find and have active any non elite run quests, but why not make it easier to play or get a party together?

LOL not going to go the rounds I dont like the share feature I use it when its necessary by my standards "if someone forgets and goes in without reading the warning" ive seen it done in Gianthold I tend to share so they dont miss their end rewards. And if they make it threw the sub to Hound or Vod and forget. But if they get to a quest the giver is there the party has not started No I dont share and wont people can group with me or not not going to cry over it.

I do die I dont know where in that post you think I dont in fact when I die my four year old laughs at me to so I have to laugh cause his is infectious.

Come on people I know im not a great joke teller but parody cannot be that lost in this thread..

Memnir
01-04-2010, 05:38 PM
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx86/EnPsyane01/the-giggles-1.jpg

Rav'n
01-04-2010, 05:39 PM

/Evil CLown Laugh.... then boot! :eek:

and +1 to K!...... (because I LOVE Parody!)

cdemeritt
01-04-2010, 05:42 PM
Oh if your just a guy who doesn't know the default for WF is female and find out when they give their battle cry.. omg /falls off chair laughing.

*grins* Yep, I've done that... Found out when she got greased...Poor Barbarian...

Rumbaar
01-04-2010, 05:45 PM
I guess you play with static parties then.

You've just started a LFM/PuG and 3-5 of the party are in alternate locations. Getting them to your current location, with the quest giver in the Tavern on the opposite side of the map ... yeah share is a pointless and wasteful endeavour. Having a person standing next to you, and the quest giver is next to them and they ask for a share is a little too much. But I've yet to have many groups party up with everyone standing around the one location before.

I don't get the issue with share, I guess it's a veteran thing and the ****ed of nature of never having it when they were having to manually hunt for a quest giver in their levelling past.

As for dying, the rest of the post seemed to have a tone of looking down on those that didn't seem to know better. Which in turn the dying and giggling comment seemed to indicate only newb's die.

I guess to a non-vet or 'in the know' of the joke didn't get it.

MonsterAbuser
01-04-2010, 05:46 PM
I will giggle at you if you make threads about giggling at me.

Talon_Moonshadow
01-04-2010, 05:47 PM
I don't giggle...I laugh meancingly at you, which is hard to do in a Mickey Mouse pitched voice.

Thw male elf/drow laugh kinda sounds like that. :D

/laugh

cdemeritt
01-04-2010, 05:49 PM
As for dying, the rest of the post seemed to have a tone of looking down on those that didn't seem to know better. Which in turn the dying and giggling comment seemed to indicate only newb's die.

Oh lighten up... I laugh at myself when I die.... My bard charged into a fight in pt4 of the shroud with his Vorpal in hand, and was instantly sent to the "box"... we all laughed at that... oops... maybe I shouldn't have tried to take on multiple orthons/devils/cats by myself....

Kalari
01-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Meh im in guilds that enjoy my personality on both Sarlona and Thelanis though I do pug as well and I think that my attitude stems from those who dont try to get the quest more then it being a waste of time. Many of my issues with share are from people who try to get a quest shared that cant and even after you explain that they dont listen, or worst join my group and type "share" before any other pleasantry which annoys me.

It may not have happened to many but it has to me and has formed a bad opinion of the feature in my opinion. Many accept it as a standard now I wont just the way it is. Im stubborn the older I get the worst it will probably be to :) so dont chalk it up to a vip thing plenty of vips say they share I chalk it up to mean old lady syndrome :D

As for the dying thing I like when it happens Im in a guild that encourages it (they think my healers dying brings good loot for pete's sake). I know starting off with my stance on share may have led to it looking like im looking down on folks and sorry for that but I think dying in game is something to laugh at so definitely I will giggle even at my own death :)

And hehe I love dudes who accidently roll up female war forge especially in my guild had a guy actually re roll when he realized it while we were running korthos.

Dark_Helmet
01-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Do you giggle when your belly button is pushed like the Pillsbury Dough Boy?

I say... (http://api.ning.com/files/kxtHiTseX*cALyJjMXw8sLehYj6a6UYHhbMr00ebmwo_/th_pillsbury_dough_boy1.jpg)

http://api.ning.com/files/kxtHiTseX*cALyJjMXw8sLehYj6a6UYHhbMr00ebmwo_/th_pillsbury_dough_boy1.jpg

Kalari
01-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Do you giggle when your belly button is pushed like the Pillsbury Dough Boy?

I say:
xxx (http://api.ning.com/files/kxtHiTseX*cALyJjMXw8sLehYj6a6UYHhbMr00ebmwo_/th_pillsbury_dough_boy1.jpg)
http://api.ning.com/files/kxtHiTseX*cALyJjMXw8sLehYj6a6UYHhbMr00ebmwo_/th_pillsbury_dough_boy1.jpg

I lol at this and no but then again I dont let people poke me in the tummy often :p lol

cdbd3rd
01-04-2010, 06:01 PM
I will giggle at you..

http://home.att.net/~cdbd3rd/rofl.gif

You funny. :)

argentstar
01-04-2010, 06:20 PM
*grins* Yep, I've done that... Found out when she got greased...Poor Barbarian...

I accidentally created a female WF once. Didn't realize it untill she spent 4 hours shopping for shoes on the AH.

DoctorWhofan
01-04-2010, 06:27 PM
I guess you play with static parties then.

You've just started a LFM/PuG and 3-5 of the party are in alternate locations. Getting them to your current location, with the quest giver in the Tavern on the opposite side of the map ... yeah share is a pointless and wasteful endeavour. Having a person standing next to you, and the quest giver is next to them and they ask for a share is a little too much. But I've yet to have many groups party up with everyone standing around the one location before.

I don't get the issue with share, I guess it's a veteran thing and the ****ed of nature of never having it when they were having to manually hunt for a quest giver in their levelling past.

I guess to a non-vet or 'in the know' of the joke didn't get it.

I am 100% agree with the OP, andI PuG about 75% of the time. Nobody complains when I give directions to the questgiver.

giveuptg
01-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Pointless, unfunny thread. Delete.

Kalari
01-04-2010, 06:33 PM

Your opinion, useless troll.. /reroll in real life :)

oh and have a nice day

there I can be nice..sometimes..

Rumbaar
01-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Well I meant more of a Vet than VIP thing, but yes I'll take the thread in a lighter tone then :D

Enjoy,

cdemeritt
01-04-2010, 06:55 PM

I giggle at you!

giveuptg
01-04-2010, 06:59 PM
I mean, seriously

Is there a real reason behind your motivation to make an entire thread dedicated to showcasing the fact that you're a female, have a son, and play a videogame?

Why did this thread need to be made?

If it had been well-written and/or humorous, it might have been worth reading. As it is,...

Kalari
01-04-2010, 07:03 PM
I mean, seriously

Is there a real reason behind your motivation to make an entire thread dedicated to showcasing the fact that you're a female, have a son, and play a videogame?

Why did this thread need to be made?

If it had been well-written and/or humorous, it might have been worth reading. As it is,...

Saw this right as I was ignoring you

It was a parody of someone who takes the game seriously enough to make a thread about booting people so I decided to poke fun.

Other people came in questioned things like my stance on share I explained that

some laughed at the wf jokes which I thought were funny just my opinion

only one person decided to look at it the way you did and thats you. No one else focused on me being female since its not exactly a news flash and my son giggling at me and others dying is funny to some to since it normally involves that cry out when you die.

But whatever this will probably be my last response to you since I wont be able to see your post. Your seriously one of the types that make this forums un fun for me so instead of risking infractions by telling you how I really feel about ya id rather ignore you. Good day whoever you are.

Arlith
01-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Who let you on Thelanis?!

Share Plz

*Drops voice from Mickey Mouse to Barry White*

Hey babe, what's a hot chick like you doing in a dungeon like this?

Don't worry about that Contstruct! Oozebane to the rescue!

HJEAL!

(party) Party member Casanova has died.

Can I get a rez?

Giggle Loop (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iKjkPgVQcE)

Kalari
01-04-2010, 07:19 PM

Share Plz

HJEAL!

Can I get a rez?

LOL I owe you +1 once I can rep again and I dont play there as much as I used to gonna change that soon but I do run with Acme when im on there great group of guys and gals. And that pick line so may work on a drunken raid night so beware..youve been warned lol

cdbd3rd
01-04-2010, 07:22 PM

http://home.att.net/~cdbd3rd/blech.gif

You not so funny.

Yellfor
01-04-2010, 07:44 PM
I can agree with most of what has been said........ BUT then of course I'm just a PUGGER that likes to have FUN! :)
And yes I sometimes have to remind myself every once in a while THAT THIS IS JUST A GAME after having TOONs, (don't want to use any BAD names,) beg me to SHARE when they're standing by the quest giver.

I'm also famous for getting lost just trying to get to quest entrances let alone in the WILDS! :rolleyes:(what is just truly #@#$% disgusting is that I won awards for and taught Orienteering in the Army BUT can’t find my way around Stormreach EVEN WITH THE MAP!!! :o :()

BUT the whole point I’m trying to make is LAUGH – at yourself as well as others BECAUSE IT”S JUST A GAME……. SO HAVE FUN!!!:)

Kalari
01-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Thats fine im sure I care to :) Obviously my stance has touched a nerve enough for you to have to try an attempt to flame

/yawn

then again maybe I will boohoo one less player for me to carry threw a quest..

Memnir
01-04-2010, 08:09 PM
http://home.att.net/~cdbd3rd/blech.gif

You not so funny.I disagree!

I think the feeble, failed attempt at being a troll is quite funny! True, it's more in a 'laughing at him, not with him,' kinda way - but funny is funny. :D

Kalari
01-04-2010, 08:12 PM
I disagree!

I think the feeble, failed attempt at being a troll is quite funny! True, it's more in a 'laughing at him, not with him,' kinda deal - but funny is funny. :D

:( mem why wont they let me just perma rep ya?

Either way just like most of my thread im used to people coming in and attacking I think its apart of my laugh it off and therapy. I am so many different things to different people and unless someone knows me or has run with me they can only go by words on a forum to judge me well so be it. I have never claimed to be anything but what I am, im mean at times I like to get things done my way when I have the star I make no apologies for that. If people are going to be sensitive about it then they need to avoid me its a big enough game.

As for the forums bring it on as long as I dont slip up and get into trouble with T&T I will indulge a person wanting to start stuff with me till I find it pointless then I move on. These forums are really therapeutic for that kinda stuff :)

Dark_Helmet
01-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Pointless, unfunny POST by you. Delete.

Fixed that for ya!

If you don't know what the post is making fun of, I guess you should just move along.

PS: HI Welcome!

Lourendia
01-04-2010, 08:32 PM
My husband rolled a WF , got to level 6 . I happened to hear her gasp and I tell him "um huney your a girl hehe" . He rerolled her that night lol . I still giggle at him .

Kalari
01-04-2010, 08:52 PM
Like I said touched a nerve wont apologize, why do you even care Bluegrazz? No one forced you to come in this thread which was mocking people who have booted for silly reasons myself included.

I even admitted there are times I take the game too seriously and have to step back and laugh at myself

But you missed that point and went for the kill over the share plz thing which is another peeve of mine. I dont go in game typing share plz in fact I argue against those who use it and like to boot those who do. But in your critiquing my grammar the whole point of this thread went over your head. I cant apologize for that I dont have a dictionary on how to decipher my posts for people sorry ya get it or you dont.

And as I said before call me elitist make your fun I am who I am not going to change because some forum dude is upset what what I post. As to the rep I promised to give many people in this thread made me smile because they brought humor instead of trying to be "captain serious" but because I ran out of the ability to pos rep (gave out a lot today) I will have to get them once I can. But ooh lets show how envious you maybe at that to eh?

I dont want to keep going rounds you didnt like my post fine but your making a lot of assumptions here about how I play off a parody post then calling me elitist.. Nice I always like being judged by people who dont know me makes me giggle even more :)

gorloch
01-04-2010, 08:53 PM
And the thread get even better, grabbing popcorn now. Actually I kind of skip the giggling and go straight to right out laughing. :D But all in good fun of course.

PIXA

DireWolverine
01-04-2010, 09:02 PM
I don't giggle.

But I will chuckle, chortle, or even laugh out loud if you...

... claim to be an expert and then post obviously incorrect information. (After I correct you... one must have priorities.)
... emulate a Southerner's last words in game. ("Hey y'all, watch this!" *ding* Know-it-all has died.)
... take anything said in-game or on-forum too seriously.

Some of us 'newbs' knew what you were going for, Kalari. Don't let the others get you down. :)

lord_of_rage
01-04-2010, 09:09 PM
I don't giggle.

But I will chuckle, chortle, or even laugh out loud if you...

... emulate a Southerner's last words in game. ("Hey y'all, watch this!" *ding* Know-it-all has died.)

Some of us 'newbs' knew what you were going for, Kalari. Don't let the others get you down. :)

I always thought that ways the third of three things you never want to hear in the military. The enlisted guy/gal that says " Hey sir watch this!!!" :). Ofcourse thats preceded by an LT who says" Well in my experience." And a Major who says " Well I've been thinking." :)

aerieon
01-04-2010, 09:13 PM
I agree with the OP, this is just a game. Games are ment to be fun, when they aren't fun then it's time to move on. FORTUNATLY most of the folks that play aren't burnt out like some of the forum trolls that just haven't figured out yet that they are burt out. /shrug been there done that. It took me to my 2nd or 3rd MMO game till i really recognized the effects of burn out on me and now I am much happier for it. Basically my simple test is do I really want to do X for favor/coin/rewards/etc or does it feel like a chore. If it feels like a chore then it's time for me to move on to something else that is fun.

Oh and dieing is funny, i mean come on it's not like the death penality in this game is even an issue. Sure I might have to pay some coin for repairs big whooptie doo. In eq1 you also had an exp penality every time you died, so yea I can understand getting a bit grumpy about that, but hey now with hirelings in eq1 /shrug you have a res anytime you need one so now death isn't an issue in that game either.

/aproove this thread it was really needed!

DireWolverine
01-04-2010, 09:15 PM
I always thought that ways the third of three things you never want to hear in the military. The enlisted guy/gal that says " Hey sir watch this!!!" :). Ofcourse thats preceded by an LT who says" Well in my experience." And a Major who says " Well I've been thinking." :)

I see you served with some of the same people I served with... :D

lord_of_rage
01-04-2010, 09:41 PM
I see you served with some of the same people I served with... :D

LOL Ive been that enlisted guy:). I warped a blank adapter on a SAW once. I knew I shouldnt have linked 400 rounds together for a OPFOR run LOL. Ive also been the NCO rolling his eyes as a 2LT says " Well when I was at VMI." Then told him that he just violated rule #1 of the things you never want to hear.

lord_of_rage
01-04-2010, 09:42 PM
I agree with the OP, this is just a game. Games are ment to be fun, when they aren't fun then it's time to move on. FORTUNATLY most of the folks that play aren't burnt out like some of the forum trolls that just haven't figured out yet that they are burt out. /shrug been there done that. It took me to my 2nd or 3rd MMO game till i really recognized the effects of burn out on me and now I am much happier for it. Basically my simple test is do I really want to do X for favor/coin/rewards/etc or does it feel like a chore. If it feels like a chore then it's time for me to move on to something else that is fun.

Oh and dieing is funny, i mean come on it's not like the death penality in this game is even an issue. Sure I might have to pay some coin for repairs big whooptie doo. In eq1 you also had an exp penality every time you died, so yea I can understand getting a bit grumpy about that, but hey now with hirelings in eq1 /shrug you have a res anytime you need one so now death isn't an issue in that game either.

/aproove this thread it was really needed!

You used to have xp debt in DDO they changed it in mod6 when the shroud dropped.

aerieon
01-04-2010, 10:18 PM
You used to have xp debt in DDO they changed it in mod6 when the shroud dropped.

Interesting, but the game doesn't now, so really there shouldn't be an angst over dieing. There are a few games that still have XP penalities and well I steer clear of them because to me a game should be fun, having an xp penalty isn't what I call fun as such I vote with my $$'s and play something that is fun.

ChaelaAnne
01-04-2010, 10:24 PM

Share Plz

HJEAL!

Can I get a rez?

If I could +10000000 rep for the giggle loop I would.

Gypsy_Mouse
01-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Third, if you're going to bash someone's spelling and grammar, perhaps you should double and triple check your own post and make sure it doesn't have incorrect "you're" vs "your" usage itself.

That's what I was gonna say, so thanks! :D

Oh and for Kalari and in the spirit of the thread:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/funny-pictures-cat-giggles-teehee1.jpg ;)

DoctorWhofan
01-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Saw this right as I was ignoring you

It was a parody of someone who takes the game seriously enough to make a thread about booting people so I decided to poke fun.

Other people came in questioned things like my stance on share I explained that

some laughed at the wf jokes which I thought were funny just my opinion

only one person decided to look at it the way you did and thats you. No one else focused on me being female since its not exactly a news flash and my son giggling at me and others dying is funny to some to since it normally involves that cry out when you die.

But whatever this will probably be my last response to you since I wont be able to see your post. Your seriously one of the types that make this forums un fun for me so instead of risking infractions by telling you how I really feel about ya id rather ignore you. Good day whoever you are.

/huggles and a giggle...

WAIT! Who let you on Thelanis? And why haven't played with you yet??

suitepotato
01-05-2010, 12:34 AM

I'm sorry, but I have to agree. It's not funny and was yet another excuse to point out that you're tired of people asking to share. Okay, we got it, let it go already.

Really, do we need ten thousand threads on this? Do we need this looking down the nose attitude post over and over and over? Really?

Please can we move on to something else?

issiana
01-05-2010, 12:36 AM

yes you probably should delete :p

awesome funnies, you make me giggle just reading your list kal :D

issiana
01-05-2010, 12:44 AM

heh that kinda reminds me of a great oxymoron - military intelligence ;)

DoctorWhofan
01-05-2010, 12:47 AM
heh that kinda reminds me of a great oxymoron - military intelligence ;)

Or as we said in the Aviation community of the Navy: Takes a College degree to break them, and a High School diploma to fix them.

Kalari
01-05-2010, 01:02 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to agree. It's not funny and was yet another excuse to point out that you're tired of people asking to share. Okay, we got it, let it go already.

Really, do we need ten thousand threads on this? Do we need this looking down the nose attitude post over and over and over? Really?

Please can we move on to something else?

For crying out loud with the share thing I wish I could say I regret putting it but I dont the thing was about being too serious yes I get im too serious about things that arent important so I have to laugh. Harp on the fact that I hate the feature if you want you, the other guy and Bluegrazz only tend to focus on the one part of the thread when everyone else got I was making fun of the very thing im being stubborn about.

Im not a perfect person I get that there are things I am stickler about that many arent down with but thats how it is. Were not all the same instead of trying to get along I decided to do a little satire and poke fun. But once again the Captain serious guys of the forums got to come in and go on and on about my stance.

I will say this one last time, I do not apologize for my feeling on this feature nor will I bring it up since it obviously hurts people that "omg she hates to share big meanie."

darn it was laughing now im in serious mode bleh thanks to those who got a laugh and left some mirth. Maybe in the morning i'll be more obliged to keep poking fun but lately just going rounds with people who just want to argue with me... Meh not worth getting upset hope you all have a good night.

Durion
01-05-2010, 01:24 AM
For crying out loud with the share thing I wish I could say I regret putting it but I dont the thing was about being too serious yes I get im too serious about things that arent important so I have to laugh. Harp on the fact that I hate the feature if you want you, the other guy and Bluegrazz only tend to focus on the one part of the thread when everyone else got I was making fun of the very thing im being stubborn about.

Im not a perfect person I get that there are things I am stickler about that many arent down with but thats how it is. Were not all the same instead of trying to get along I decided to do a little satire and poke fun. But once again the Captain serious guys of the forums got to come in and go on and on about my stance.

I will say this one last time, I do not apologize for my feeling on this feature nor will I bring it up since it obviously hurts people that "omg she hates to share big meanie."

darn it was laughing now im in serious mode bleh thanks to those who got a laugh and left some mirth. Maybe in the morning i'll be more obliged to keep poking fun but lately just going rounds with people who just want to argue with me... Meh not worth getting upset hope you all have a good night.

Thats right, you shouldn't have posted this. It hurt peoples feelings. We don't do that in DDO. No more shall anyone post anything that anyone else will take offense to. What does this mean, we're going to have a forum with no more posts.:D Get over it people, I've gone my rounds with her on other pages, but THIS was just a joke.

I think the people that are taking offense to it are tbe one's that nobody will share with. :D

But honestly, if you don't like it, why are you reading it? Move on to another post. Can somebody get me the link to that Hello Kitty game forum that I've heard mentioned, they might be happier over there.

aerieon
01-05-2010, 04:25 AM
Can somebody get me the link to that Hello Kitty game forum that I've heard mentioned, they might be happier over there.

http://forum2.hellokitty.com/scripts/mb2/mb2.cgi

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/funny-dog-pictures-score-binky.jpg?w=500&h=374

Grond
01-05-2010, 06:05 AM
I will giggle at you..

If you join hear a female voice and try to play Cassanova.. yeah big time giggles

What about Bossa nova? :D

No one forced you to come in this thread...

I disagree. The giggles constituted an irresistable lure, forcing some to enter against their will... It's entrapment by Giggle!

Kalari
01-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Morning everyone and thanks guys I got a little too bent out of shape. I realize that to some this thread seemed to be about a stance. I was honestly making fun of myself and others who take the game too seriously.

Heck I even admit that I do it a lot hence why I laugh at myself. Im human im not perfect by any means if I was an online game wouldnt consume so much of my free time. I just want to have some fun last time I checked thats not a crime.

On the flip side to this I know when I do things if I like to do them my way and sometimes it clashes with others ahh well thats the way life is.

I will be passing rep out once I can in this thread got a lot of laughs from the pics and hehe Grond sorry didnt mean to hit ya with giggle enrapture :p

Drwhofan I got a few girls on Thelanis just been working on new builds on Sarlona and been running a lot with Lost legions on there but I have not forgot about my Acme home those guys are the best. I did run Nyxy once with you I sent her over to unlock 32 point builds but brought her back to Sarlona because I was focusing only on her and not my other builds on there. I'll start playing on Thelanis more made many friends on there that I miss for sure.

Baragrim
01-05-2010, 12:35 PM
I giggle when I assassinate two giants in one go... in fact i may even go so far as to say i chortle :)

Share is a meh with me because I tried PUGs and havent had a decent one yet, Baragrim has the fortune to be my rogue in a fixed group so doesnt have the problem. We decide on the quest, 1 person gets it shares it and everyone else heads to the entrance - i can see it being an issue if folk dont know where the quests are!

First time we met a Beholder (level 8 Caverns of Korromar) I got disintegrated - 1 shot death... everyone had to wait for me to stop laughing about it.

Im with the OP why play a game if you arent enjoying it? Mind I go and watch Derby County so cant really talk lol

Kalari
01-05-2010, 12:45 PM
I giggle when I assassinate two giants in one go... in fact i may even go so far as to say i chortle :)

Share is a meh with me because I tried PUGs and havent had a decent one yet, Baragrim has the fortune to be my rogue in a fixed group so doesnt have the problem. We decide on the quest, 1 person gets it shares it and everyone else heads to the entrance - i can see it being an issue if folk dont know where the quests are!

First time we met a Beholder (level 8 Caverns of Korromar) I got disintegrated - 1 shot death... everyone had to wait for me to stop laughing about it.

Im with the OP why play a game if you arent enjoying it? Mind I go and watch Derby County so cant really talk lol

Hehe assassinate is a lot of fun :) I remember my first duo and got so giddy I irked myself but it was a fun point.

And I love being one shot killed its like darn I had a bad day lol or even better when a beholder stones me enervates then flies off then thinks about it and comes back for the disintegrate. I swear that happened out in the orchard with the wandering beholder there and I couldnt stop laughing at it. Oh and I found an ugly pink spikey docent that has my barbarian saying "im soo stylish" yep this game is full of giggle moments :)

cdbd3rd
01-05-2010, 12:52 PM
I disagree!

I think the feeble, failed attempt at being a troll is quite funny! True, it's more in a 'laughing at him, not with him,' kinda way - but funny is funny. :D

I'm finding Blue's stuff to have a much higher humor value - especially playing the "I been playing D&D since..." card. :D

http://home.att.net/~cdbd3rd/munchies.gif

/Resumes perusing....

Memnir
01-05-2010, 12:55 PM
That whole THAC0 gem was priceless, I must agree. :)

HGM-Chi
01-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Off topic question... but you guys started talking about beholders and both my kids are absolutely obsessed with seeing once after watching the intro movie for DDO, so...

Where can I find a beholder, and what level should I be and what should I do so it doesn't kill me immediately (I want to be able to hang around for a bit so the kids can see it)? Currently a level 9 cleric with some decent gear (thanks to the guild!)

I was running in a PUG and we came across a couple in the Ruins of Threnal, but I think I was in a group a couple of levels ahead of me, and packing gear that was a fair bit better than mine.

Anyhow... just curious about when you think I can go show one to my kids and they'll get a decent look at it before I die :D

cdbd3rd
01-05-2010, 12:58 PM
...Fortunately, I already knew how to spell.

Oh, and your "forum rep" you keep saying your going to give people.... .....

One of my favorites - dogging someone's spelling followed immediately by a grammar error. :D

Yeah, the rest of the silliness I pruned off was chuckle-worthy, too. No worries. :p

edit: Missed that other one that Mem picked up. So it was a before & after kinda thing, I see. http://home.att.net/~cdbd3rd/smile.gif

cdbd3rd
01-05-2010, 01:02 PM
I will giggle when people come on the forums and bash people on spelling and grammer.
I will giggle when new players come on and talk trash about the vets.
I will giggle when people flaunt a p&p pedigre when this game is based off p&p, but isnt p&p.
I giggle when my barb loses his rage and dies because I ran out of pots and lost all that con:).
I giggle when my bard forgets to put his hvy fort item back on and runs into pt4 of the shroud wondering why he is getting creamed so fast.
I giggle at the female halfling barbarian warsqueak.
I giggle at ranged rangers who never use those wonderful free twf feats.

My personal thoughts on quest share varies. Its great for hound runs where a party member forgets the quest. Yeah been there done that on elite as the warchanter on his 20th. At the same time quest sharing seems to make players lazy. So I can see why some people get annoyed by it. Also using caps to attempt to get your point across really doesnt come off as well as you would like it to. It makes you sound just as bad as the person you are attempting to talk trash to.

I giggle as I hit the +rep button. :)

Kalari
01-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Off topic question... but you guys started talking about beholders and both my kids are absolutely obsessed with seeing once after watching the intro movie for DDO, so...

Where can I find a beholder, and what level should I be and what should I do so it doesn't kill me immediately (I want to be able to hang around for a bit so the kids can see it)? Currently a level 9 cleric with some decent gear (thanks to the guild!)

I was running in a PUG and we came across a couple in the Ruins of Threnal, but I think I was in a group a couple of levels ahead of me, and packing gear that was a fair bit better than mine.

Anyhow... just curious about when you think I can go show one to my kids and they'll get a decent look at it before I die :D

Hehe dont you worry i'll be dragging you threw the Von's series with my barbarian soon enough *evil grins* oh and if we get you to ten soon I can take you threw the orchard with one of my girls and show you the ebil beholder I was posting about hes a rare spawn but I always tend to run into him and the named golem out there. Almost got double teamed by them last night on my favored soul thank goodness for blade barriers lol.

But the vons series is a great place to see a lot of beholders though normally we have the healers wait in the back your battle cleric will probably be up there swinging away at the beasts.

To the Blue Grazz thing I cant let his posts get to me, he jumped on the "share plz" thinking thats the way I spell it. I went back and re read his rant. He didnt get the point that I have admitted to booting people for doing this instead of even typing hello. He called me Elitist tirade about the rep I promised people who made me laugh then left. I hope he got it out his system and realized he made this thread even more of a gem, and I hope he got to laugh a little at how serious he took all this I know I did.

aerieon
01-05-2010, 01:09 PM

Invaders quest would have some beholders (strongly recomend having a deathblock item because they remove all of your buffs). Also would say you need to be atleast level 10 to get into the quest, and well usually would recomend a group for it because it's not really solo unless your really good/great equipment/weapons. Anyways if you stay out of range of them and turn up the visual distance you can see them and they won't see you (unless you get too close) so your kids can see one. When you start fighting one thou... you really just can't dilly around and look at it, because he will activly try and kill you. /sigh how many times have I rolled a 1 on disinagrate blam your dead, doesnt matter that you had a deathblock item.. (deathblock is to prevent finger from insta killing you).

cdbd3rd
01-05-2010, 01:11 PM
... Can somebody get me the link to that Hello Kitty game forum that I've heard mentioned, they might be happier over there.

Even better....

Kitty cannon!!! (http://www.logan.ws/games/kitty-cannon.asp) :D

Kalari
01-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Invaders quest would have some beholders (strongly recomend having a deathblock item because they remove all of your buffs). Also would say you need to be atleast level 10 to get into the quest, and well usually would recomend a group for it because it's not really solo unless your really good/great equipment/weapons. Anyways if you stay out of range of them and turn up the visual distance you can see them and they won't see you (unless you get too close) so your kids can see one. When you start fighting one thou... you really just can't dilly around and look at it, because he will activly try and kill you. /sigh how many times have I rolled a 1 on disinagrate blam your dead, doesnt matter that you had a deathblock item.. (deathblock is to prevent finger from insta killing you).

Yep they are nasty critters luckily he will probably run with Kreeg when we do invaders his caster is never without feeble mind and ive watched him hit a beholder with it on his wf caster and man that helped us a bunch. There are tactics to get their spells disabled for a bit but it takes a stern stomach to get close to do it. I havent developed a set of *you know whats* to try it on my casters yet but im tempted to see if I can now hehe.

Memnir
01-05-2010, 01:14 PM
I love Kitty Cannon! :D

I had to stop playing it, however. My wife and kids found my manic giggling intermixed with the yowls from the kitty to be... disturbing.

techwench
01-05-2010, 01:14 PM
/sigh how many times have I rolled a 1 on disinagrate blam your dead, doesnt matter that you had a deathblock item.. (deathblock is to prevent finger from insta killing you).
Yeah...and people keep outbidding me on scarabs! lol.

aerieon
01-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Yep they are nasty critters luckily he will probably run with Kreeg when we do invaders his caster is never without feeble mind and ive watched him hit a beholder with it on his wf caster and man that helped us a bunch. There are tactics to get their spells disabled for a bit but it takes a stern stomach to get close to do it. I havent developed a set of *you know whats* to try it on my casters yet but im tempted to see if I can now hehe.

All I have to say is ... Firewall and hide behind corners and walls :) Or the ever popular jump up out of the water throw a firewall and fall back into the water and stay under till it's dead..

Kalari
01-05-2010, 01:18 PM
All I have to say is ... Firewall and hide behind corners and walls :) Or the ever popular jump up out of the water throw a firewall and fall back into the water and stay under till it's dead..

hehe last night it was drop blade barriers and run around like a scared little girl screaming "NOO DONT STONE MEEE!" I ran from the beholder and ran right into the named flesh golem in the orchard man I was having a bad night till blade barrier came threw lol.

tanking ranks in run like a coward helps :D

aerieon
01-05-2010, 01:21 PM
tanking ranks in run like a coward helps :D

I have run like a little girl screeming maximized, empowered, extended, and have extra in crits for it.. I don't think you can never have enough of that!!

Missing_Minds
01-05-2010, 01:23 PM
/huggles and a giggle...

WAIT! Who let you on Thelanis? And why haven't played with you yet??

Her very tricky. :)

cdbd3rd
01-05-2010, 01:24 PM

I had to stop playing it, however. My wife and kids found my manic giggling intermixed with the yowls from the kitty to be... disturbing.

I gave it a few goes making sure it was a good link. My boy came in and chuckled at me every time I'd get caught before the first bounce. :)

The cat is glaring at me from the bed though. :o

flynnjsw
01-05-2010, 01:26 PM

It's a good thing I am working in an out of the way place today...
the laughing at this one would have had my employees thinking I was insane (not that they don't already, but they would look at me funny...lol)

Missing_Minds
01-05-2010, 01:27 PM

Caverns of Koremar is where I saw my first in quest beholder. Should be free to play as well. Good quest, good xp, good challenge. And house K favor is always good.

Oh yeah, the beholder is an end boss, just not named as I recall. You can see it through a force field before you get to it.

Just remember to giggle at the beholder. ;)

cdbd3rd
01-05-2010, 01:29 PM
I have run like a little girl screeming maximized, empowered, extended, and have extra in crits for it.. I don't think you can never have enough of that!!

That's exactly what I was thinking - but still can't get anyone to group with my Barb....
:(

Memnir
01-05-2010, 01:29 PM
There are also two Beholders in Tempest Spine. Just to keep the tally going... :)

cdbd3rd
01-05-2010, 01:30 PM
Caverns of Koremar is ...

Oh noes.... not another CoK thread. :eek:

Oh, and Beholder. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4qezhfttic&feature=related)

Zenako
01-05-2010, 01:35 PM

Beholders don't seem to see very well so if you can sneak at all, you go into sneak mode and get close enough to see them for a while. The easist place would probably be Von 2. Just get in there and go along the bridge to the maze and sneak over towards that beholder on the side platform. Nice plain background makes it easy to seem them.

You can take high skill stealth types right up next to them. (My rogue with dual W/E attacks and Crippling Strike can often neutralize one before it can react...) If you gets its STR low enough it just sits there until it regens some stats....Then you can look at it in all its glory for a while. The Beholder there is nice since it is alone with no allies that can interfere.

Bluegrazz
01-05-2010, 02:28 PM
That whole THAC0 gem was priceless, I must agree. :)

I brought up THACO because the first day I started playing I was grouped with some "elite zergers" and I found an item which was apparently better than my starter gear- Yet it RAISED my AC.

I stated something along the lines of "Well, this has some good enchants on it- BUT unfortunately it adds a couple AC" - (I have never played 3rd ed PnP- Ive heard it really dumbed things down and the people I play with prefer 2nd)- These guys had a good "what are you stupid- High AC is better" moment."

I then said something (in question form) regarding THACO and how its determined (also saying I'm not familiar with the 3rd ed ruleset) and got a snide comment about "This is based off of D and D rules, higher AC is ALWAYS better."

...Well, not in the D and D I have played for the past thirty years-

Look, I understand this isn't PnP also (one of the reasons I avoided this game was the "twitch factor" which IMO has NO place in D and D) and that PnP RPG's dont translate very well into CRPG's or MMO's- BUT someone coming into this game with alot of PnP knowledge will translate into making a better, more efficient Toon and also knowing some of the "weaknesses" of Mobs and such.

THACO wasnt brought up because I thought it was used in game (as I said, I did when I first began) but because many of the questions us noobs ask (and are treated as if we are stupid for asking) really stem from having KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME- The people I had mentioned that to (about the AC) acted like it was a completely dumb question- As if EVERYONE KNOWS HIGHER DEFENSE IS BETTER-

THATS why I brought THACO into the discussion- I suppose I should have explained.

There IS a very elitist attitude prevalent in this game. Its true (at least from my experience this past week) which needs to go. Thats my whole point here- In any game I have ever excelled in, I have always tried to help out newer players (not with gear and gold but with tips and knowledge)and a game such as this which is IMO entirely group based (solo is a joke and so far only elite dungeons seem to pose a challenge) needs Vets who are patient and willing to teach JUST AS MUCH as it needs noobs who are willing to listen and learn.

The first three or so levels here are basically hack and slash (no strategy needed really) and unless someone gets to the higher levels they will think that "hack-n-slash is all this game offers"- There is more strategy potential here than any game I have yet played (it took time to see this) but many "strategy minded people" will give up before then.

This community needs an attitude adjustment. =P

Sorry, I call it as I see it.

flynnjsw
01-05-2010, 02:39 PM
Snip

I then said something (in question form) regarding THACO and how its determined (also saying I'm not familiar with the 3rd ed ruleset) and got a snide comment about "This is based off of D and D rules, higher AC is ALWAYS better."

Snip...

THACO wasnt brought up because I thought it was used in game (as I said, I did when I first began) but because many of the questions us noobs ask (and are treated as if we are stupid for asking) really stem from having KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME- The people I had mentioned that to (about the AC) acted like it was a completely dumb question- As if EVERYONE KNOWS HIGHER DEFENSE IS BETTER-

Snip...

There IS a very elitist attitude prevalent in this game. Its true (at least from my experience this past week) which needs to go. Thats my whole point here- In any game I have ever excelled in, I have always tried to help out newer players (not with gear and gold but with tips and knowledge)and a game such as this which is IMO entirely group based (solo is a joke and so far only elite dungeons seem to pose a challenge) needs Vets who are patient and willing to teach JUST AS MUCH as it needs noobs who are willing to listen and learn.

Snip...

Sorry, I call it as I see it.

So I trimmed a lot of stuff out to adress a couple things as I have seen them. IMO, the majority of the time that you run into someone who is just plain talking down to you because you don't know something, they are typically not "Vets". They may want to be, or more to the point, may want you to think they are, but in most cases these people probably haven't been playing much longer than you have. Now I officially can't speak to the elitism in other MMO's, because this is the first one I actually decided to try after my younger brother tried to ge me to play UO. However, just based off of what I have seen here, while there are the random PITA just like IRL, the majority of the community is as good as it gets as far as helping out all the new people.

cdbd3rd
01-05-2010, 02:44 PM
.... I have always tried to help out newer players (not with gear and gold but with tips and knowledge)....

That in itself is a noble act. (not to mention frustrating at times...)

One thing you will need to keep in mind when answering newb questions is that a lot of things from PnP (even 3.x) do not translate to DDO. Make sure you're answering em from a DDO stand point and not quoting book rules. ;)

... BUT someone coming into this game with alot of PnP knowledge will translate into making a better, more efficient Toon and also knowing some of the "weaknesses" of Mobs and such...

Actually, I found that coming in with 'game knowledge' lent itself to making some pretty gimped chars at first because of the stuff that didn't translate well. I remember my first run-in with kobolds - way way early when our chars started off super weak, especially squishies. I learned quickly that these weren't the 1/4 HD kobolds I remembered from the olden days.
"Alertness" for a PnP char is great! Here, not so much so. :( Etc....

Bluegrazz
01-05-2010, 02:58 PM
So I trimmed a lot of stuff out to adress a couple things as I have seen them. IMO, the majority of the time that you run into someone who is just plain talking down to you because you don't know something, they are typically not "Vets". They may want to be, or more to the point, may want you to think they are, but in most cases these people probably haven't been playing much longer than you have. Now I officially can't speak to the elitism in other MMO's, because this is the first one I actually decided to try after my younger brother tried to ge me to play UO. However, just based off of what I have seen here, while there are the random PITA just like IRL, the majority of the community is as good as it gets as far as helping out all the new people.

Yes, you may be correct (people have a tendency to "build themselves up" beyond what they actually are)- And, as I stated earlier, I was fortunate enough to make friends with some real Vets who have no problem kicking someone from group for doing something stupid or for not listening to direction (which is clearly given) but dont act "elitist" or get angry for someone NOT knowing where a quest giver or Dungeon is located.

One guy is probably one of the best players on the server (possibly the game) and is a treasure trove of knowledge regarding builds, stats, strategy, etc- But he takes the time to explain things, is patient with noobs (until they do something stupid which he had just warned them about- Then its a kick) . They look for potential recruits as their Officers run through their Reincarnation- After a few days of running with these guys I was fortunate enough to be asked to join their Guild.

NOW, that I have had some people care enough to invest a bit of time into teaching me- I am having the best time ever in an Online game. I went from thinking this was a button masher to finding a gem of a game more akin to Chess- BUT, had it not been for my fortune of meeting who I did- I would be back to my "other" game about now...

Now, when I run with PUGs- I do see alot of "hate" or "bitterness" or something not good- Directed at new players. The group leader will Yell at someone for not knowing something which NEVER was explained.

I guess I shouldn't tar anyone with a broad brush- These group leaders and people I AM CALLING VETS may be noobs to many of you (but Vets to me- If that makes sense)- I have also seen much better treatment of groups at and above level 8... Many people hear the work "new" and either ignore you or just kick you immediately before level 8- Where after 8 I have not found too many who WONT work with noobs.

Anyhow, your point is well taken- I guess its all a matter of perspective.

Kalari
01-05-2010, 03:10 PM
Bleh all I see is once again too much seriousness in a Parody thread..

If you think that my post represent the game community I feel sorry for you.

I in no way represent every player that plays this game nor does my attitude. For everyone who gets too serious about the game there are a ton of great helpful people. We do coexist and do so well. You take the good with the bad cause it makes the good look better.

I make no apologies for how I am in the forums I use this place to relax read and impart my own knowledge even if its not as vast as others. I have my peeves like any other normal person. And I take my fair share of knocks both fair and unfair.

Once again this post was to laugh at myself and others who take things waay too seriously. Not a heated debate on etiquette, or how to treat each other. Just poking fun. Lets leave the hand holding lets all be pals for another thread this is just a mock thread nothing to be on a soap box about. It was funny to laugh at the first time, second time I sighed just a little. Now its just getting to the point where its sucking the fun out of this thread.

You dont have to like me you probably will never run with me and judging by your assessment of me before even playing with me your probably the type that has already made up your mind about my playstyle. Great lets agree that we do not see eye to eye and get back to the funny.

techwench
01-05-2010, 03:18 PM
I always laugh at you, Kalari. Even when it's not appropriate.

Oh wait...

:p

Memnir
01-05-2010, 03:21 PM
THATS why I brought THACO into the discussion- I suppose I should have explained.It would have helped a bit, yes. As it was - you kinda came across as elitist as those you were condemning.

As far as your concern that there is a high degree of elitism in this game - there is. But, that is far from all there is. Yes, there are many long-time players who feel resentful that suddenly "their" game is now open to the dirty masses*, and those riffraff* are now doing nothing but polluting the game*. However for every one of these, be it in game or on the forum, there tend to be two who like to help out and answer questions. I am one of those who like to help new players - and have done so since the start of the game.

True, I no longer do so in Gen Chat - because it's like trying to hold back the tide with nothing but a bucket**, and focus more on helping those in my groups. I also try to help here on the forums, although I admit that sometimes my sense of humor gets the best of me - and often goofing around with those who don't know me yet is not received as it was intended. I don't like Share because I see it as lazy gaming**, but I will do so at times. But, I will patiently explain things via tells when a player seems to be getting no help and they need it. I will also answer any and all questions new players have while I'm in a group with them. New players are the only way to insure that this game will last - and I like this game too much to want to see it stagnate. I also like helping to foster an appreciation and affection for this game in new players - simply because I have appreciation and affection for it.

Point is - if you look for a problem, you tend to find it. The long-time players I mentioned above make it easy to find them, since they are doing the same thing (looking for and finding those they see as a problem - then bashing em for it) - but you should also look at the people you admit helped you along the way. Those people do exist, they just don't go about it loudly. But, to say this game has a high degree of elitism does not describe the people I know and play with. And have done so for years now in this game. I think you are irritated by those you perceive as elitist, and are letting that sway your opinion of long-time players as a whole.

My opinion** - take it or leave it.

* denotes an opinion not mine, mentioned for the sake of example.
** denotes an opinion all mine
these were added to avoid confusion and for the sake of clarity.

Bluegrazz
01-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Bleh all I see is once again too much seriousness in a Parody thread..

If you think that my post represent the game community I feel sorry for you.

I in no way represent every player that plays this game nor does my attitude. For everyone who gets too serious about the game there are a ton of great helpful people. We do coexist and do so well. You take the good with the bad cause it makes the good look better.

I make no apologies for how I am in the forums I use this place to relax read and impart my own knowledge even if its not as vast as others. I have my peeves like any other normal person. And I take my fair share of knocks both fair and unfair.

Once again this post was to laugh at myself and others who take things waay too seriously. Not a heated debate on etiquette, or how to treat each other. Just poking fun. Lets leave the hand holding lets all be pals for another thread this is just a mock thread nothing to be on a soap box about. It was funny to laugh at the first time, second time I sighed just a little. Now its just getting to the point where its sucking the fun out of this thread.

You dont have to like me you probably will never run with me and judging by your assessment of me before even playing with me your probably the type that has already made up your mind about my playstyle. Great lets agree that we do not see eye to eye and get back to the funny.

Parody is often a mirror image of reality- Just with a bit-o-humor added in for good measure.

I understand you were not being 100% serious- Yet there was more than a kernel of truth in what you said (or at least how you felt)

I DONT know who you are in game- NOR do you know who I am... We may have already grouped together. =/
We MAY have added one another to friends list =O.

I also make no judgment about ANYONE-- Absent of what I see for myself... My comments about your comments were purely based on a mindset which I see prevalent in this game right now.... Its not anything personal and if what you said was all in Jest- Its my misunderstanding... I took it as Parody laced with Truth (as you see it) and added my .2 copper (as I see it)

Hendrik
01-05-2010, 03:23 PM
I will giggle at you..

Just don't point while your doing it.....

And for the record, it was really cold that day........

:o

Kalari
01-05-2010, 03:25 PM
I always laugh at you, Kalari. Even when it's not appropriate.

Oh wait...

:p

LOL I so owe you +1 darn timer wish theyd let me rep again already :)

Missing_Minds
01-05-2010, 03:27 PM
There IS a very elitist attitude prevalent in this game. Its true (at least from my experience this past week) which needs to go.
Yes there is, and guess what... This is true of just about every single GAME out there. You think DDO is special in that regard?

Taking an attitude with attitude won't work. While they are people and some even children, they are not your people or your children. This is the internet where people think they have rights and are immune to any form of punishment. My best advice to you is to ignore them and answer questions to the best of your ability when asked.

Or do what Kalari is doing now. Giggle.

Bluegrazz
01-05-2010, 03:28 PM
It would have helped a bit, yes. As it was - you kinda came across as elitist as those you were condemning.

As far as your concern that there is a high degree of elitism in this game - there is. But, that is far from all there is. Yes, there are many long-time players who feel resentful that suddenly "their" game is now open to the dirty masses*, and those riffraff* are now doing nothing but polluting the game*. However for every one of these, be it in game or on the forum, there tend to be two who like to help out and answer questions. I am one of those who like to help new players - and have done so since the start of the game.

True, I no longer do so in Gen Chat - because it's like trying to hold back the tide with nothing but a bucket**, and focus more on helping those in my groups. I also try to help here on the forums, although I admit that sometimes my sense of humor gets the best of me - and often goofing around with those who don't know me yet is not received as it was intended.

Point is - if you look for a problem, you tend to find it. The long-time players I mentioned above make it easy to find them, since they are doing the same thing (looking for and finding those they see as a problem - then bashing em for it) - but you should also look at the people you admit helped you along the way. Those people do exist, they just don't go about it loudly. But, to say this game has a high degree of elitism does not describe the people I know and play with. And have done so for years now in this game. I think you are irritated by those you perceive as elitist, and are letting that sway your opinion of long-time players as a whole.

My opinion** - take it or leave it.

* denotes an opinion not mine, mentioned for the sake of example.
** denotes an opinion all mine
these were added to avoid confusion and for the sake of clarity.

I fully agree- I have met some awesome people who have been more helpful than ANYONE I have met in ANY MMO-

I am not trying to come at this from a "personal" angle- More of a General assessment... Kinda like saying Americans are Uninformed about World events- (I am an American- I am pretty well informed, I hope.... I also fully agree that we are a pretty uninformed Nation)- Hope that makes sense AND I am not trying to be political, lol... Just trying to explain myself with another example.

Kalari
01-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Just don't point while your doing it.....

Oh I spit soda out my mouth reading that *hugs* thank you Hendrik and IOU again :)

Blue thats fine but as I said its just fun lets let the serious go and poke a little fun at ourselves. I know I have issues I think its why people find my posts interesting. I probably will never change and people can take or leave me I promise you if they leave me I wont cry about it :)

Just make more parody posts! :D

techwench
01-05-2010, 03:30 PM
This made me giggle.

Memnir
01-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Just make more parody posts! :DMore parrot-y posts? So shall ye ask...

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx86/EnPsyane01/dead_parrot.jpg
:D

techwench
01-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Memnir, if I could neg rep you I would just for getting that skit stuck in my head now! LOL!

j/k here, take my teeny tiny +1. :p

Kalari
01-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Mem you are amazing lol I love the dead parrot skit lol

/puts in request for a pos rep iv to hook up to your account asap!

Bluegrazz
01-05-2010, 03:41 PM
Yes there is, and guess what... This is true of just about every single GAME out there. You think DDO is special in that regard?

Taking an attitude with attitude won't work. While they are people and some even children, they are not your people or your children. This is the internet where people think they have rights and are immune to any form of punishment. My best advice to you is to ignore them and answer questions to the best of your ability when asked.

I agree there is an Elitist attitude among some players in all MMO's- Obviously... I also think think that much is in the eye of the Beholder.

I have alot of MMO's over many years- Elitism is always there but is displayed in different and unique ways. I think (My OPINION) is that it shines through here in the most blatant of ways (for a new player) due to Reincarnation... This places Vets with Noobs (but needing 1.6- 3 TIMES more XP per level- If I understand correctly) running the same content... The XP system (which I love BTW) MEANS EVERY MISTAKE a noob makes can potentially cost the entire group xp- including CAUSING THE GROUP TO NOT FINISH THE QUEST and get NO XP.

This is different to other games where Vets may have Alts running the starter area- AND makes many Vets (after being burned many times) have a "bad taste in their mouths for noobs".

Thats why I THINK "shrplz" is such an issue- It kinda marks you as a newer player and many people in the group would rather not waste the time.

Memnir
01-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Mem you are amazing lol I love the dead parrot skit lol

/puts in request for a pos rep iv to hook up to your account asap!Tell ya what... get me one of these IV drips instead, and we'll call it good. :D

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx86/EnPsyane01/boozedrip.jpg

stazer
01-05-2010, 03:43 PM
<snip>

edited for discretion...

Kalari
01-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Thats why I THINK "shrplz" is such an issue- It kinda marks you as a newer player and many people in the group would rather not waste the time.

Alright I tried to avoid this discussion but it wont die.

Share plz my issue with it is not that its a "New player" feature but a Lazy player feature.

I get it has its merits. I have said I have used it in situations where it helped people out especially those who rush into a quest forgetting to start it up. I hate seeing people lose out on end rewards I remember back in the day before you even got warnings that you were entering the wrong quest if someone in your party had advanced (predominant in chain quests) so I hate seeing that happen.

As someone who is in a heavy raid guild their is the occasional forgot to get the quest on the way to VOD and Hound which used to be a nightmare (and the person generally had to sit it out).

I think what my problem is, that people are assuming I think "Share plz" is a new player only thing and no to me you can be free, new or vip if you join my group and the first thing you type is not hello but "Share plz" I am more prone to boot you or form a lesser opinion of your play style. Then to add to that ive had many pugs where it has happened and the players were awful they would have the quest shared still not pull up their maps to see where to go, piked and or just were dead weight.

Is this an issue many players have faced? probably not but that has been my experience hence why I do not like the feature and do not want to see it become a standard practice. Others may love it it cuts time for them, me I always appreciate players who go and find the quest givers or at least try. And unless im running a quest fast or in progress, I tend to wait till I know I have as many willing players before I enter a quest so yes mosts of the time we are waiting outside the quest giver for any new joiner.

My stance on not liking that feature is because of those factors not because of elitism though you can view it any way you wish. I had bad experiences with the feature and my view point is formed from that.

/end seriousness

Kalari
01-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Tell ya what... get me one of these IV drips instead, and we'll call it good. :D

http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx86/EnPsyane01/boozedrip.jpg

Deal and ooh Stazer... you were going to do something bad I can feel it. Dont make me chase you in part 3 of the shroud I will so get ya with my bard lol

Bluegrazz
01-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Alright I tried to avoid this discussion but it wont die.

Share plz my issue with it is not that its a "New player" feature but a Lazy player feature.

I get it has its merits. I have said I have used it in situations where it helped people out especially those who rush into a quest forgetting to start it up. I hate seeing people lose out on end rewards I remember back in the day before you even got warnings that you were entering the wrong quest if someone in your party had advanced (predominant in chain quests) so I hate seeing that happen.

As someone who is in a heavy raid guild their is the occasional forgot to get the quest on the way to VOD and Hound which used to be a nightmare (and the person generally had to sit it out).

I think what my problem is, that people are assuming I think "Share plz" is a new player only thing and no to me you can be free, new or vip if you join my group and the first thing you type is not hello but "Share plz" I am more prone to boot you or form a lesser opinion of your play style. Then to add to that ive had many pugs where it has happened and the players were awful they would have the quest shared still not pull up their maps to see where to go, piked and or just were dead weight.

Is this an issue many players have faced? probably not but that has been my experience hence why I do not like the feature and do not want to see it become a standard practice. Others may love it it cuts time for them, me I always appreciate players who go and find the quest givers or at least try. And unless im running a quest fast or in progress, I tend to wait till I know I have as many willing players before I enter a quest so yes mosts of the time we are waiting outside the quest giver for any new joiner.

My stance on not liking that feature is because of those factors not because of elitism though you can view it any way you wish. I had bad experiences with the feature and my view point is formed from that.

/end seriousness
Okay- Evidently I must have missed the boat somewhere....

I understand fully what your saying-

I THOUGHT "shrplz" was just a "codeword" for someone asking if you would share the quest and NOT someone literally joining group and saying "shrplz".

I always (before even joining) tell the Leader something along the lines of "Hello, im new to the game so I dont know where you guys are going but as long as this is a tactical group (non zerg) and someone gives some direction- I play a competent healer- If thats cool pls invite"
- Then I will ask for a share (but not like "shrplz") not due to laziness- But because I really dont know where things are yet.

I spend my time learning locations and such when soloing (I also grab every quest I see as I go- So NORMALLY I already have the quest... BUT if its a repeatable, I really dont know where to go to get it.)

I thought the "shrplz" was talking about people like myself- Not rude people.

Anyhow, apparently this was my misunderstanding here- I sincerely apologize all the way around... I admit I can sometimes fail to see the forest through the trees.

Kalari
01-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Okay- Evidently I must have missed the boat somewhere....

I understand fully what your saying-

I THOUGHT "shrplz" was just a "codeword" for someone asking if you would share the quest and NOT someone literally joining group and saying "shrplz".

I always (before even joining) tell the Leader something along the lines of "Hello, im new to the game so I dont know where you guys are going but as long as this is a tactical group (non zerg) and someone gives some direction- I play a competent healer- If thats cool pls invite"
- Then I will ask for a share (but not like "shrplz") not due to laziness- But because I really dont know where things are yet.

I spend my time learning locations and such when soloing (I also grab every quest I see as I go- So NORMALLY I already have the quest... BUT if its a repeatable, I really dont know where to go to get it.)

I thought the "shrplz" was talking about people like myself- Not rude people.

Anyhow, apparently this was my misunderstanding here- I sincerely apologize all the way around... I admit I can sometimes fail to see the forest through the trees.

Its np I am a long winded poster if ya havent noticed by now and a lot of people skim my posts for what they want. And your not the first or the last to think that I believe the feature is against new players. Nope its just that it came around the same time the new ddo was launched. My feelings on it is that its a great optional feature, but when people try to tell me I should do it I balk. Ive had really bad experiences with it so im apprehensive when someone joins and just types that instead of hello. And it has happened a lot :(. So sorry if I come across as someone bashing new players but honestly that was not my point against the feature. So glad to see we wont be going rounds on this any more I honestly just want to get back to making fun of myself and others who take things way to seriously.

Missing_Minds
01-05-2010, 04:12 PM

:) This is when you giggle at yourself.

Welcome to the team, Bluegrazz. Enjoy your stay.

Typically when I can't see the forest, my wife beats me.... Then I see stars instead. Or in the case of the recent season, trees with floaty Christmas lights.

Bluegrazz
01-05-2010, 04:15 PM
its Np I Am A Long Winded Poster If Ya Havent Noticed By Now And A Lot Of People Skim My Posts For What They Want. And Your Not The First Or The Last To Think That I Believe The Feature Is Against New Players. Nope Its Just That It Came Around The Same Time The New Ddo Was Launched. My Feelings On It Is That Its A Great Optional Feature, But When People Try To Tell Me I Should Do It I Balk. Ive Had Really Bad Experiences With It So Im Apprehensive When Someone Joins And Just Types That Instead Of Hello. And It Has Happened A Lot :(. So Sorry If I Come Across As Someone Bashing New Players But Honestly That Was Not My Point Against The Feature. So Glad To See We Wont Be Going Rounds On This Any More I Honestly Just Want To Get Back To Making Fun Of Myself And Others Who Take Things Way To Seriously.

=p

Pollyester
01-05-2010, 04:16 PM
I don't giggle.

I snicker and occasionally guffaw and when someone dies (usually my husband *cough*) I break out my "Nelson Muntz" laugh.

/point
/laugh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_4bLNM0axE

Anyway, thanks for the thread that's trying to take a little of the "super serious" out of the forums. :)

You dont have to like me you probably will never run with me
See, now here is where you're wrong. You guys should totally form a duo and stuff. Isn't that what happens in the movies?

"He's a True Neutral Dwarven Ranger dual wielding sickles and a butt that just won't quit. She's a Chaotic Halfling Barbarian with a fondness for biting ankles and chronic pms. They fight crime!"

*disclaimer: the above was my lame attempt at humor, please don't hurt me.* :p

Kalari
01-05-2010, 04:18 PM
I don't giggle.

I snicker and occasionally guffaw and when someone dies (usually my husband *cough*) I break out my "Nelson Muntz" laugh.

/point
/laugh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_4bLNM0axE

Anyway, thanks for the thread that's trying to take a little of the "super serious" out of the forums. :)

See, now here is where you're wrong. You guys should totally form a duo and stuff. Isn't that what happens in the movies?

"He's a True Neutral Dwarven Ranger dual wielding sickles and a butt that just won't quit. She's a Chaotic Halfling Barbarian with a fondness for biting ankles and chronic pms. They fight crime!"

*disclaimer: the above was my lame attempt at humor, please don't hurt me.* :p

LOL I love it Id totally put that show on Youtube now thats a odd couple for the new millennium lol

techwench
01-05-2010, 04:21 PM
My brother and I laugh at my husband all the time when he dies. He doesn't like it much, which only makes me laugh harder. :p

zorander6
01-05-2010, 04:26 PM
removed

Pollyester
01-05-2010, 04:32 PM
My brother and I laugh at my husband all the time when he dies. He doesn't like it much, which only makes me laugh harder. :p

hehe, yup. My reasoning is, if he didn't want me to laugh he would not die so much. :p
( he is a good sport about it, I actually feel a little bad about those deaths...then I eat a chocolate and all is well.)

Captain_Wizbang
01-05-2010, 04:41 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/animated/th_e326ef86.gif
(http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/animated/?action=view&current=e326ef86.gif)Oh no! a troll has entered the thread

MonsterAbuser
01-05-2010, 04:46 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/animated/th_e326ef86.gif
(http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/animated/?action=view&current=e326ef86.gif)Oh no! a troll has entered the thread

So you are trolling the troll?

Cyr
01-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Jeez Kal you are so mean...giggling at people :P Oh and this one really has drawn in the those who love neg rep today hasn't it?

Captain_Wizbang
01-05-2010, 04:52 PM
So you are trolling the troll?
you joined us when?

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/th_jerk2.jpg
(http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/?action=view&current=jerk2.jpg)

ChaelaAnne
01-05-2010, 04:52 PM
hehe, yup. My reasoning is, if he didn't want me to laugh he would not die so much. :p
( he is a good sport about it, I actually feel a little bad about those deaths...then I eat a chocolate and all is well.)

The most fun is finding creative ways to kill your husband. There are lots of places where you can drag mobs around a corner and on to an unsuspecting husbands backside :)

Pollyester
01-05-2010, 04:58 PM
The most fun is finding creative ways to kill your husband. There are lots of places where you can drag mobs around a corner and on to an unsuspecting husbands backside :)

I must find these places!

I mean, um, wow that's mean. Why would I want to do such things?

*looks around shifty eyed at husband's in game will leaving me plat and high level items*

Kalari
01-05-2010, 05:00 PM
lol kinda makes me wish I wasnt divorced at times id so find ways to creatively kill him..heck id do it now to :p lol

LOL @ the do you want to date my avatar too funny :)

And Cyr I tried my hardest not to let this thread get taking too seriously I failed at that but I can honestly say I did not give a lick of minus. Im sticking to my guns if I have to neg rep im going to have the brass to tell a person why and I even choose to ignore the one guy permanently then to feed into his blantant trolling and I new Bluegrazz had misunderstood my stance so didnt neg in fact gave him some positive rep to try to off set.

Its all about misunderstandings and taking the time to go back and relax. He took things seriously cause he thought I was calling him out and others didnt like the attack cause they saw I meant no disrespect to new players. This has been a good learning lesson and im laughing at myself and plenty of others :) so its all good.

ChaelaAnne
01-05-2010, 05:01 PM
I must find these places!

I mean, um, wow that's mean. Why would I want to do such things?

*looks around shifty eyed at husband's in game will leaving me plat and high level items*

Note: this was done to me by a friend...

In Co6, there is a bunch of Gargoyles in one of the parts where the alters are (either the one where you have to break the alters, or the one after it). They are sort of hidden. Grab 'em at the end, lead them to your hubby, diplo and recall. :)

dragonruler
01-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Why does this make me think of this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU&feature=PlayList&p=AB92441F5B684A26&index=46) (ignore the google ad and watch the video.)

if you liked that watch the actual series...it's 100 times better :D in fact I did my last paper for my composition class on the series and got my teacher hooked on the series :)

Captain_Wizbang
01-05-2010, 05:09 PM
if you liked that watch the actual series...it's 100 times better :D in fact I did my last paper for my composition class on the series and got my teacher hooked on the series :)

First time watching. Nice.
Q. There's more than 1?

dragonruler
01-05-2010, 05:13 PM
First time watching. Nice.
Q. There's more than 1?

I wanna say there are currently 3 full seasons (including outtakes). You can find the website with all the episodes here (http://www.watchtheguild.com).

Edit: Just checked there are indeed only 3 seasons atm.

ChaelaAnne
01-05-2010, 05:14 PM
I wanna say there are currently 3 full seasons (including outtakes). You can find the website with all the episodes here (http://www.watchtheguild.com).

Edit: Just checked there are indeed only 3 seasons atm.

But then there is the Legend of Neil...

Memnir
01-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Season 3 has Wil Weaton in it... and that is awesome. :)

dragonruler
But then there is the Legend of Neil...

Enlighten me because I have not heard of this "Legend of Neil" :)

Pollyester
lol kinda makes me wish I wasnt divorced at times id so find ways to creatively kill him..heck id do it now to :p lol

Well, you can always make a human male character that resembles your ex and get him killed a lot. :p

Note: this was done to me by a friend...

In Co6, there is a bunch of Gargoyles in one of the parts where the alters are (either the one where you have to break the alters, or the one after it). They are sort of hidden. Grab 'em at the end, lead them to your hubby, diplo and recall. :)

Note to self: Put max skill points into diplomacy. :)

if you liked that watch the actual series...it's 100 times better
I agree, I think it's very clever and funny. Vork is my favorite, for some odd reason, although I think Clara is quite funny.

dragonruler
01-05-2010, 05:19 PM
I agree, I think it's very clever and funny. Vork is my favorite, for some odd reason, although I think Clara is quite funny.

lol I like Zaboo....the whole momma's boy stalker combo is rather funny

btw I know it's been a while but i'm still sticking to my conclusion that Tink on The Guild and Tinkk on DDO look a lot alike. :D

ChaelaAnne
01-05-2010, 05:20 PM
Enlighten me because I have not heard of this "Legend of Neil" :)

... it really has to be seen to be believed. Done by more or less the same group, it's a parody of the Legend of Zelda. Basically, a guy is playing the first old school NES Zelda, likes the fairy a LOT. In the process of showing the fairy his erm... appreciation... passes out from a creative use of the controller to enhance... okay. You know what? Just watch it :)

dragonruler
01-05-2010, 05:25 PM
... it really has to be seen to be believed. Done by more or less the same group, it's a parody of the Legend of Zelda. Basically, a guy is playing the first old school NES Zelda, likes the fairy a LOT. In the process of showing the fairy his erm... appreciation... passes out from a creative use of the controller to enhance... okay. You know what? Just watch it :)

LOL I umm....love (can't think of a funny word replacement to match your wittiness :P) this response.

lord_of_rage
01-05-2010, 05:25 PM
I will giggle at my toon Midgetrage( A halfling 13/6/1 with a flaming pink mohawk:))
I will giggle at any toon with a butchered spelling of drizzt.
I will giggle when you go afk on a vale loot run and we bring 80 mobs back to you and wait for you to come back.
I will giggle when you go afk and we take screen shots of us shadow humping your toon:)
I will giggle at a 14 str dwarven Barb who uses great axes. He knows who he is.
I will giggle anytime any one of my toons goes squish, splat boom, bang, or utters the famous last words of opps, or oh S**T, for any reason.
I will giggle when I log my toon in for a raid only to find he failed to remember his end reward 3 weeks..... ago.
I will enjoy anytime I run new players through the awesomeness that is TOR.
I will giggle when my barb gets greater commanded in pt5 of a shroud run while full up on rages and doesnt save for over a minute.
I will giggle anytime I have fun with a pug just doing whatever quest comes to mind
I will giggle everytime I find a new friend to run with.
I will giggle for all the hours of emense enjoyment I have recieved from this game.

Though my giggle tends to be more like manical laughter. ( I still cant figure out why though:))

Rage

Captain_Wizbang
01-05-2010, 05:28 PM

OK, What is Kalari doing?

Pollyester
01-05-2010, 05:32 PM
lol I like Zaboo....the whole momma's boy stalker combo is rather funny

btw I know it's been a while but i'm still sticking to my conclusion that Tink on The Guild and Tinkk on DDO look a lot alike. :D

Hmm, I'm not familiar with the DDO Tinkk. I will have to check into that. Zaboo's mom is cool (in that completely insane sort of way :p). I liked the episode where they treated her as a raid boss. "I've got aggro!"

dragonruler
01-05-2010, 05:40 PM
To add to the things I will giggle at....

I will giggle at times when someone attempts to grease an entire party and winds up greasing themselves instead.
I will giggle at anyone who believes their saves are so uber they can't be vorpaled and immediately vorpaled afterwards.
I will giggle at people who will do something not so smart after having been forewarned.
I will giggle at anyone who is easily amused because it is a contagious laughter.
I will giggle at times where people will post d doors in quests like VoD and Hound and people will take them.
I will giggle myself when I get too excited about how great i'm doing on a new tank and fail that save on niac's only to hear that slight ping.
I will giggle everytime I use Leap of Faith on my favored soul just because it is so much freakin fun to use :D

Kalari
01-05-2010, 06:43 PM

hehe its a guild secret ;):D

leadhead
01-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Pfft giggling is for GIRLS! Ha!

..........that was a manly "Ha" by the way...just in case you couldnt tell! :)

Dark_Helmet
01-05-2010, 07:33 PM
Season 3 has Wil Weaton in it... and that is awesome. :)

I think that was a work release program from drug rehab... :D

issiana
01-05-2010, 09:55 PM

so.. i guess i really can understand my wifes reluctance to play games with me now.. cause i'd do such a trick to her, lol.

issiana
01-05-2010, 09:58 PM

the answer to this and many of lifes more perplexing questions can be summed up in this simple scientific forumla - WWKD

aka "what would kalari do" :D lol.

ChaelaAnne
01-05-2010, 10:06 PM
the answer to this and many of lifes more perplexing questions can be summed up in this simple scientific forumla - WWKD

aka "what would kalari do" :D lol.

Are you sure that isn't "what WOULDN'T Kalari do"?

issiana
01-05-2010, 10:15 PM

knowing kal... i'll give her the benifit of the doubt ;) lol.

knightgf
01-05-2010, 10:20 PM
Next time change the title and description to "I will kill you" instead of "I will giggle at you" just for lols. It would sound funnier.

Zenako
01-05-2010, 11:09 PM

Who knows, but it almost certainly involves a beverage of some sort....:)

Saaluta
01-06-2010, 01:16 AM
I will giggle at you if you say Share pls when joining my group, because you're going to get 7-8 other quests as well, Mwahaha....see it's not hard to push the share button, it can be fun :)

Saal :)

And yes 1 of them will be proof is in the poison :D

Hehe :D

aerieon
01-06-2010, 01:35 AM
And yes 1 of them will be proof is in the poison :D

But will one of the quests you share actually be the quest your doing?? (lol i wouldn't be that kind)

cdemeritt
01-06-2010, 03:51 AM
I will laugh hysterically at any Dwarf who jumps off a cliff to their death, forgetting to put on their featherfall, especially when they say "Don't forget your featherfall"... Seen this a couple times...

Hendrik
01-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Oh I spit soda out my mouth reading that *hugs* thank you Hendrik and IOU again :)

Blue thats fine but as I said its just fun lets let the serious go and poke a little fun at ourselves. I know I have issues I think its why people find my posts interesting. I probably will never change and people can take or leave me I promise you if they leave me I wont cry about it :)

Just make more parody posts! :D

*hug*

Just returning a good giggle with another....

Kalari
01-06-2010, 11:06 AM
*hug*

Just returning a good giggle with another....

Thanks and whew running out of the + rep power in this thread alone and still owe people for putting a smile on my face :)

I thought about doing the "I will kill you" but my mood was in a chipper frame when I started this thread. Believe me when I get to the I want to kill things mode its not a funny thing more like an omg lets get the heck out of dodge Kal is mad type thing :D

Besides giggling is infectious and last night as my bard rogue died rolling a 1 in some spikes hearing my son (who was supposed to be asleep at that point) laughing at me yeah you have to giggle.

Missing_Minds
01-06-2010, 11:10 AM

Prepping for tax work. Trust me.. giggling is much better.

I will giggle every time I drink a potion of Wonder.

I'll probably be rolling on the ground the next time I get disintegrated to death. I do believe I honestly started that one out with the phrase "hey.. watch this!" *chug* dead.

Kalari
01-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Prepping for tax work. Trust me.. giggling is much better.

/hits nail on the head with that one Missing this is boring lol id much rather be giggling

Nadalis
01-06-2010, 11:26 AM
I will laugh hysterically at any Dwarf who jumps off a cliff to their death, forgetting to put on their featherfall, especially when they say "Don't forget your featherfall"... Seen this a couple times...

guilty as charged

I now have the mummified bat (clears up a ring slot), Voice, and Time Pendant, and commonly forget to swtich.

Missing_Minds
01-06-2010, 11:30 AM

I'd say ________ but that is only because I think she's allergic to them.

Nadalis
01-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Besides giggling is infectious and last night as my bard rogue died rolling a 1 in some spikes hearing my son

not as unlucky as having a named re-spawn under one of the waterfalls on you last night when you were AFK, and it didn't even give you another loot, I couldn't get back in there to help you out.

I will giggle when you accept a raise dead out in gianthold, only to die seconds later because you're (too far from your soul stone timer ran out and took you back to your stone) still in the lava. (oh wait that was me.

Maxelcat
01-06-2010, 12:02 PM
-I giggle when anyone in the PUG suggests another dungeon with the words "We can totally do it on Elite".

-I giggle more when I'm the one Rescuing stones to the nearest shrine Invis/displaced/sneaking/shadow walked after being told its a useless Feat(s).

-I giggle when my guild mates say the words "Where are you taking us to die now?" after I say the words "I found someplace new to go" (Yes, We're a casual guild so were not UBER)

-I giggle anytime anyone dies from a trap. (I play mostly Rogues)

-I giggle when I read the statement "I've been playing D&D since (Insert year/box) so obviously I know everything."

-I giggle manically during a wipe. More so if its a EPIC FAIL kind of one.

-I giggle at posts like this! +1 rep OP!

Hendrik
01-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Thanks and whew running out of the + rep power in this thread alone and still owe people for putting a smile on my face :)

I thought about doing the "I will kill you" but my mood was in a chipper frame when I started this thread. Believe me when I get to the I want to kill things mode its not a funny thing more like an omg lets get the heck out of dodge Kal is mad type thing :D

Besides giggling is infectious and last night as my bard rogue died rolling a 1 in some spikes hearing my son (who was supposed to be asleep at that point) laughing at me yeah you have to giggle.

Want giggles, just group with me sometime....

Kalari
01-06-2010, 12:45 PM
not as unlucky as having a named re-spawn under one of the waterfalls on you last night when you were AFK, and it didn't even give you another loot, I couldn't get back in there to help you out.

I will giggle when you accept a raise dead out in gianthold, only to die seconds later because you're (too far from your soul stone timer ran out and took you back to your stone) still in the lava. (oh wait that was me.

LOL that was both funny and awful that I didnt get a second chest who knew he respawns after you kill him. Darn that Otovus (probably spelling it wrong) I will take glee with killing that mummy even more from now on. And never again go afk near an open chest its owners tend to come back even more p***ed off lol :o

And oh ive done that to the Shroud the other night my bard went to go "save" another guildy cause they brought aggro to the wrong part and aggroed the devil as well. I thought "i should go in and reconstruct him..." yeah needless to say because I didnt want to drag the devil who is a crazy aggroer with me I had to stay and die to then took the raise only to not watch the timer and appear right for the jerk to get me again lol thats what I get for being drunk and trying to be a hero..

yeah I have to giggle at myself at times :)

Kalari
01-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Want giggles, just group with me sometime....

Hehe Hendrik i'll have to take that up sometime :)

And uber means nothing even the most uber players die and its normally funny when they do Maxelcat even more so when they become indignant instead of realizing hey **** happens and laughing it off.

Serious people always = the giggles for me :D And my rogue absolutely loves when people die in traps specially when they go "dont waste your time we can just time it..."

DING!

/giggles

Memnir
01-06-2010, 01:59 PM
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx86/EnPsyane01/jokerjuice-1.jpg

Kalari
01-06-2010, 05:06 PM
http://i744.photobucket.com/albums/xx86/EnPsyane01/jokerjuice-1.jpg

lol Mem whenever I let these forums get to me I can always look to your photos and laugh *hugs* thank you :)

Memnir
01-06-2010, 06:45 PM
lol Mem whenever I let these forums get to me I can always look to your photos and laugh *hugs* thank you :)/bow

It's my pleasure - I assure you. :)

issiana
01-06-2010, 10:57 PM
-I giggle manically during a wipe. More so if its a EPIC FAIL kind of one.

you would have being rolling in laughter with me and one other the day we managed to "talk" a shroud raid group into sheild blocking the part 2 and using firewall on everything..

sounds good except for the part of teleporting bad guys and fire elemental ;):D it was hilarious to watch the raid fall apart. To this day i'm still not sure how we managed to pull the wool over everyones eyes that they forgot you cant sheild block teleporting bad guys and cant kill fire elementals in firewalls :D
Yeah we where both bored and feeling very very evil that day, lol.

all but one person had a good laugh at it :)

Kalari
01-07-2010, 01:43 PM
I will giggle at you if you come up with cute names for your weapons

I swear people really do this and im guilty to. My mad Lute's name is "El Kabong." I know people who have names for their swords, maces and the like. :) stuff like this puts a smile on this sometimes too serious gals face :)

Memnir
01-07-2010, 01:45 PM
I have a ranged weapon named Wynonna.
Bonus points if you get the reference. :)

Kalari
01-07-2010, 01:47 PM
Hehe well I like the Judds just trying to figure out the tie in hehe good one Mem :)

Captain_Wizbang
01-07-2010, 01:49 PM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/animated/cf8c8756.gif?t=1262893724

lord_of_rage
01-07-2010, 06:32 PM
I giggle when I realize people are actually giving me rep. It just seems scary lol.

Saaluta
01-07-2010, 06:35 PM

Hehe well I like the Judds just trying to figure out the tie in hehe good one Mem :)

I think he's talking about the other Winona(Rider) Kalari...and Mem, you'll shoot your eye out :cool:

Kalari
01-07-2010, 07:03 PM
I think he's talking about the other Winona(Rider) Kalari...and Mem, you'll shoot your eye out :cool:

lol nice I wouldnt have got that :)

Saaluta
01-07-2010, 07:06 PM
lol nice I wouldnt have got that :)

I only had to watch that movie about 100 times this past month...between my children and my nieces and nephews....

lord_of_rage
01-07-2010, 07:09 PM

"Wynnona has a big brown beaver and she strokes it all the time" Prymus.

Saaluta
01-07-2010, 07:19 PM

So you're saying his ranged weapon is or has a big brown beaver? :D

ChaelaAnne
01-08-2010, 04:23 AM

Or perhaps we should call you Jayne?

aerieon
01-08-2010, 04:33 AM
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm299/chefricochet/animated/cf8c8756.gif?t=1262893724

I LOVE tigger!!!!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:74pA7nLJFXrJ1M:http://web.telia.com/~u40101705/tiggerglad.jpg

lord_of_rage
01-08-2010, 04:54 AM
So you're saying his ranged weapon is or has a big brown beaver? :D

ROFLMAO. His ranged weapon could be a big brown beaver he likes stroking all the time. I was in Korea once I know some of the things that can be done:)

yun_chang
01-08-2010, 04:54 AM

Winona was the name of IASA Lieutenant Commander John Crichton's pulse pistol on Farcape.

lord_of_rage
01-08-2010, 04:58 AM
you would have being rolling in laughter with me and one other the day we managed to "talk" a shroud raid group into sheild blocking the part 2 and using firewall on everything..

sounds good except for the part of teleporting bad guys and fire elemental ;):D it was hilarious to watch the raid fall apart. To this day i'm still not sure how we managed to pull the wool over everyones eyes that they forgot you cant sheild block teleporting bad guys and cant kill fire elementals in firewalls :D
Yeah we where both bored and feeling very very evil that day, lol.

all but one person had a good laugh at it :)

Oh god I wish I could have seen that. I might have laughed so hard I would have spit beer all over the cpu screen. I would have even volunteered to "kite the mobs" lol. Oh that is seriously awesome.

ChaelaAnne
01-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Winona was the name of IASA Lieutenant Commander John Crichton's pulse pistol on Farcape.

ACK! Got my universes confused. GRRRrrrrrr...

Kalari
01-08-2010, 02:21 PM
I will giggle at people neg repping my first post still even though ive plenty of more argumentative and vocal posts that could probably warrent a ding. come on folks seriously your hitting the minus because I said I will giggle at something? Because I find the thought of a thread saying why a person would boot others the stuff to parody? Because I admit that I do take things too seriously and I have to laugh at myself to? Or is it the dying thing which once again had to explain I think deaths in the game my own included is funny?

Seriously it never ceases to amaze me the power of those who interpret things wrong dont have the balls to come and say "hey you offended me" and maybe get things cleared up. Others came explained themselves even went back and forth a few pages before they realized I was not being serious. But if it was a neg for bad humor ahh well I guess I can agree with that one :)

/giggles

Baragrim
01-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Jayne.... the man they called Jayne..."

that was Vera not Winona :)

"See, Vera? Dress yourself up you get taken somewhere fun."

Creddi
01-08-2010, 03:29 PM
I will giggle at people neg repping my first post still even though ive plenty of more argumentative and vocal posts that could probably warrent a ding. come on folks seriously your hitting the minus because I said I will giggle at something? Because I find the thought of a thread saying why a person would boot others the stuff to parody? Because I admit that I do take things too seriously and I have to laugh at myself to? Or is it the dying thing which once again had to explain I think deaths in the game my own included is funny?

Seriously it never ceases to amaze me the power of those who interpret things wrong dont have the balls to come and say "hey you offended me" and maybe get things cleared up. Others came explained themselves even went back and forth a few pages before they realized I was not being serious. But if it was a neg for bad humor ahh well I guess I can agree with that one :)

/giggles

Going back to your OP, it makes me tempted to group with you and play cassanova, just to hear you giggle <grins> :)

Kalari
01-08-2010, 03:31 PM
Going back to your OP, it makes me tempted to group with you and play cassanova, just to hear you giggle <grins> :)

hehe this made me smile thanks Creddi :) ive had it happened made a thread a long time ago about being hit on in game. Many guys go threw it to so it was nice seeing their point of view on it as well :) but a lot of the stories were men playing females who may have had voice issues and could not believe some of the stuff being said to them /giggles x10

cdbd3rd
01-08-2010, 03:36 PM

That's the one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDfwUJzYQg) I think of every time I hear that name.

Creddi
01-08-2010, 04:57 PM
hehe this made me smile thanks Creddi :) ive had it happened made a thread a long time ago about being hit on in game. Many guys go threw it to so it was nice seeing their point of view on it as well :) but a lot of the stories were men playing females who may have had voice issues and could not believe some of the stuff being said to them /giggles x10

Oh I believe it :) I have played enough female characters, and usually have the mic turned off :) If anyone does seem to start getting 'actually' interested though I do let them know I am male, and straight, and not interested. Not seen any problems arise from that personally, but have known others having some significant problems that way. Also seen some really annoying reactions just to men playing female characters generally. It does *not* imply any desire to cross dress or any gender preference RL.

lord_of_rage
01-08-2010, 08:21 PM
That's the one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYDfwUJzYQg) I think of every time I hear that name.

shiza I knew I misspelled Primus. But yes that was it. :)

issiana
01-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Oh I believe it :) I have played enough female characters, and usually have the mic turned off :) If anyone does seem to start getting 'actually' interested though I do let them know I am male, and straight, and not interested. Not seen any problems arise from that personally, but have known others having some significant problems that way. Also seen some really annoying reactions just to men playing female characters generally. It does *not* imply any desire to cross dress or any gender preference RL.

bah, i'm to evil these days...

i just answer truthfully but without actually saying who or what i am ;) then i'm laughing my head off as well as my guildies as i copy and paste all the tells to guild chat :D:D:D:D

it is absolutely hilarious some of the stuff that gets "said" via tells to those rather good looking elven lasses from ppl who have no lives and think pixels on a screen are worth getting all excited about :)

cdemeritt
06-05-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm necroing this thread, because with all the Nerfing complaint threads, I think we could all use a good giggle.

Kalari
06-05-2010, 12:31 PM
:) yeah I know ive been taking things seriously trying to find the fun again though thanks Cdemerrit

bandyman1
06-05-2010, 12:48 PM
if you join a Shroud group on your Ranga, and your idea of portal-killing in part one is;

*pew...pew...pew*

SquelchHU
06-05-2010, 05:39 PM
if you join a Shroud group on your Ranga, and your idea of portal-killing in part one is;

*pew...pew...pew*

With Tempest dead, that's not as stupid as it used to be... which makes the overall situation more stupid. :P