PDA

View Full Version : setting ring finger with hotkey

Snarglefrump
11-13-2009, 09:13 AM
When I put on a ring using a hotkey, is there a way to control which finger gets the ring?

Alternately, is there a way to setup the hotkey for the ring so it always goes on a partciular finger?

EAB
11-13-2009, 09:29 AM
I have been wondering this as well as it's very annoying when you have your ring of water breathing hot keyed and equip it to only unequip to CON ring and now lose HP. Being that you can't use macro, I don;t think there is a way. However, If there is I would love to know as well.

GreenGurgler
11-13-2009, 09:39 AM
You can swap through hotbars your right ring (as you look at your paper doll avatar) but not the left ring. If you setup multiple rings on a hotbar to cycle through, they will always cycle through the right ring slot. As far as I know, there is no way to cycle on the left-ring slot.

While this is not an official answer, it is how I have understood and used it over the last 3+ years. If someone knows of a way to cycle the left slot, I would love to know also.

I hope this helps.

:)

Rheebus
11-13-2009, 12:00 PM
The right finger is the only hot-swappable ring that I am aware of. If this is not the case, I'd love to know how to swap the left one too!

I try to fill that left ring slot with my CON item. I never want to take that off (embarrasing when you die for a second time after rezzing in a tavern!), so I never need to swap it. Maybe this is why CON rings are so darned expensive on the AH!

dopey69
11-13-2009, 12:11 PM
The right finger is the only hot-swappable ring that I am aware of. If this is not the case, I'd love to know how to swap the left one too!

I try to fill that left ring slot with my CON item. I never want to take that off (embarrasing when you die for a second time after rezzing in a tavern!), so I never need to swap it. Maybe this is why CON rings are so darned expensive on the AH!

yes dropping dead because you switch rings is not fun lol been there ......more than once lol , in quest ,in town ,in the tavern, basically you name it and i have committed suicide there :)

LrdSlvrhnd
12-08-2009, 02:22 PM
I've died switching out a +2 Con belt without thinking... ironically, for a Belt of Bear's Endurance so I could get a few more HP...

Hoglan
12-10-2009, 09:29 AM
What I ended up doing is having both rings on the hot bar, once I was done with the ring of water-breathing for instance, I simply click my protection ring on the hot bar to make sure it is back in place.

Not the most elegant solution, but it works.