PDA

View Full Version : Test Server ==> Production Server

Halek
10-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Typically how long does it take for the content to go from the Test Server to Production (1 month, 2months, etc...)

Thanks,

Halek

Cyr
10-20-2009, 12:13 PM
If you are referring to Lama it's not a test server. It's a 'preview' server or at least was last time I checked. The 'test' server is ML and not open to the public. As for how long? I would say a month generally at the longest (although the last mod was a notable exception to this).

Halek
10-20-2009, 12:16 PM
If you are referring to Lama it's not a test server. It's a 'preview' server or at least was last time I checked. The 'test' server is ML and not open to the public. As for how long? I would say a month generally at the longest (although the last mod was a notable exception to this).

Thank You Cyr... Sorry I come from a software development background. Development ==> Test ==> Production.

Halek

Beherit_Baphomar
10-20-2009, 12:20 PM
If you are referring to Lama it's not a test server. It's a 'preview' server or at least was last time I checked.

Lama is a test server, don't kid yerself.

OP, with DDO it could be a month, it could be six.

Bladedge
10-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Lama is a test server, don't kid yerself.

According to Tolero http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=178586 Lamannia is a preview server

Lamannia is a preview server which is opened to our registered DDO users periodically to test new content, before it is released to the live servers.

Tamryn
10-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Typically how long does it take for the content to go from the Test Server to Production (1 month, 2months, etc...)

Thanks,

Halek

actually Turbine doesn't call it a test server anymore. its a PREVIEW server now :)

Cyr
10-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Thank You Cyr... Sorry I come from a software development background. Development ==> Test ==> Production.

Halek

Hehe, I understand. Here it is more like Development ==> Test ==> Development (rinse repeat loop) ==> Preview ==> Development ==> Preview ==> Production. Also, the reason why many get confused about Lama's status as a 'preview' server since things rarely work as expected on there and often get altered before production which is much more typical in a test server.

MDS_Geist
10-21-2009, 11:19 AM
The short answer Halek is we're not sure.

If everything runs smoothly right out of the gate, it could be less than a month. If bugs crop up, it may be longer. But since there is limited information shared with us about the status of such things, release dates are pretty much guesswork.

Halek
10-21-2009, 11:20 AM
The short answer Halek is we're not sure.

If everything runs smoothly right out of the gate, it could be less than a month. If bugs crop up, it may be longer. But since there is limited information shared with us about the status of such things, release dates are pretty much guesswork.

Thank You for the answer

Chazzie
10-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Im so pumped for this one to go live....I cant wait I have one toon just parked that I though I would have to just drop but now he can be fix and live once again....Woohoo :)

ArkoHighStar
10-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Its a preview server, in t he past we saw stuff for a short period and then it went live. With this outing Turbine seems to be using it more as a public test server, and has been taking feedback much more seriously than they used to(or at least that was the impression). Epic quests have been tweaked substantially in the last 2 weeks, and reincarnation has been played with as well. My guess is we have nother 3 weeks at least until they release this. Which would put us mid November