PDA

View Full Version : Character Transfers on DDO:Eberron

Alexoin
09-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Not sure this is the right forum to put this question in.

I used to play a long time ago on Fernia (now Ghallandra), and have several chars that are still on that server now I've come back.

The problem is the group of people that I've come back to play with have settled on Sarlona as the server they're playing on.

My question is, does a server transfer service exist at all yet for DDO:Eberron? I beleive one existed for DDO:Stormreach, but not sure sure there's one for Eberron, or if we can use the same service.

Kalundan
09-24-2009, 12:15 PM
As far as I know you can use the premium services still.

http://www.ddo.com/ddosupport/premium-services

http://www.ddo.com/component/content/article/463-world-character-transfer-faq

Alexoin
09-24-2009, 01:04 PM
Had just come across them, but looking at the app form it mentions about card held on file, and pretty sure the one I used to use to subscribe to DDO is out of date.

Also the notes brought up another question. It mentions about Drows being unable to be used unless you have the favour to use them. What if the Drow char being transferred has the favour itself? (my drow char has 1720 FP, pretty sure he used to have over 1750, in that I have 32pt builds unlocked on the server he's on, but possibly the change in early missions has knocked his favour down a bit.) Would it still be locked out until you get another char to 400 FP to unlock Drow?

Kalundan
09-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Had just come across them, but looking at the app form it mentions about card held on file, and pretty sure the one I used to use to subscribe to DDO is out of date.

Also the notes brought up another question. It mentions about Drows being unable to be used unless you have the favour to use them. What if the Drow char being transferred has the favour itself? (my drow char has 1720 FP, pretty sure he used to have over 1750, in that I have 32pt builds unlocked on the server he's on, but possibly the change in early missions has knocked his favour down a bit.) Would it still be locked out until you get another char to 400 FP to unlock Drow?

I'm not familiar with any retroactive change that penalizes players via some favor change.

Based upon the FAQ any character can be moved for 29 bucks including all items, favor, equipment etc. If you moved the 1720 favor character his favor goes with him. I would recommend emailing turbine support and asking them about using a new credit card to pay for the move. Assuming you have a free account. Otherwise you should be able to use the new data you entered to reactivate your account to fill out the form.

The FAQ wasn't written with FTP in mind and I assume these issues are only now being realized.