PDA

View Full Version : I wanted to buy TPs but...

TinyHowie
09-20-2009, 12:30 PM
After knowing Turbine accepts only credit cards from America and Canada, I really wonder if they're serious about this game. How could you expect to run this game if you bar oversea customers from purchase from you?

They probably won't listen to free players, someone please let Turbine know what the oversea gamers think.

Goldeneye
09-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Perhaps you could try paying w/ paypal.

knightgf
09-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Funny...Turbine's losing out a huge profit from overseas players, especially if what I hear that most of their players reside overseas is true.

My best guess is because of legal issues. Legal issues are a pain for Turbine to deal, as with any other company...

TinyHowie
09-20-2009, 12:45 PM
Perhaps you could try paying w/ paypal.

Won't matter, the card's from oversea, they still won't accept.

Gadget2775
09-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Turbines servers are for North America. Pretty sure code master runs the European Servers and there use to be a DDO Korea. Not sure why they don't accept your card but it may have something to do with the legalities of different groups running different world areas.

However, there should be a way around it. Last time I checked we've always had a decent Australian population on the North American servers, and after DDO Korea went down many of them migrated as well. Hopefully they'll drop a hint into the thread :).

And as always I have to ask if you've filed a help ticket? Turbine Support should be able to answer your questions better than anyone else...

Esserbe
09-20-2009, 12:57 PM
My European Mastercard works.

TinyHowie
09-20-2009, 12:59 PM
And as always I have to ask if you've filed a help ticket? Turbine Support should be able to answer your questions better than anyone else...

Yes and Turbine refused to reply. Perhaps I should spam them everyday til they would reply.

Dilbon
09-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Erm what? I just bought 400 points with my European Visa.

poonce
09-20-2009, 01:28 PM
In Korea Gaming is more of a job/profesion, they are nicknamed Programers and are like what Our movie stars are to them, most of them wont play a game that doesnt payout, meaning they make a living from the tourneys and prize money.

Lookup iamgrunt, he is a Korean God to them. the best rts gamer alive to some and most.

Mindspat
09-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Yes and Turbine refused to reply. Perhaps I should spam them everyday til they would reply.

Atari is the Publisher and Turbine is the Developer. Maybe you could question Atari why THEY are not supporting the game?

I mean, why would Atari not want people to play the game. seem's pretty wierd why they would not allow someone fro Europe to pay monies for their products, doesn't it? ;)

fyi: Turbine is suiing Atari and this problem is one of several things mentioned.

Gadget2775
09-20-2009, 02:17 PM
What kinda of card are you trying to use and what region specifically are you in? Might help generate appropriate answers if we knew...

Zanuzi
09-20-2009, 02:30 PM
have used my UK card (credit not debit) with no problems it seems that with F2P turbine have openned payments to all counties, before a simple phone call to turbine would allow your card to be used, you could try phoning them.

For info only : F2P is turbine servers only not available on codemasters.

KKDragonLord
09-20-2009, 02:33 PM
What?1 I use my visa card and i am from South America, Brazil o.O

TinyHowie
09-20-2009, 03:51 PM
What kinda of card are you trying to use and what region specifically are you in? Might help generate appropriate answers if we knew...

A mastercard, from hong kong.

I entered it on myaccount, it gave me error 140003. Sent a ticket and I was told my address may not be right.

I used paypal, and it said error 6, my credit card is from unauthorised region. ***

Spiffyspiffy
09-20-2009, 03:56 PM

There you go then. It's not foreign they're blocking, as evidenced by other posters, but Hong Kong.

There's reasons for that. High incidents of fraud, etc.

ToyVIP
09-20-2009, 03:57 PM
im using a visa from NZ...

i use mine for VIP, not turbine points but i cant see why there would be a difference

Gadget2775
09-20-2009, 04:28 PM

I entered it on myaccount, it gave me error 140003. Sent a ticket and I was told my address may not be right.

I used paypal, and it said error 6, my credit card is from unauthorised region. ***

I've run into errors with my credit card address before. Moved into a new house last year. I filled out all the paper work for a change of address, updated directly with my credit card providers and was using the cards for other bills without issue. When my Turbine account tried to renew it failed stating a wrong address. Contacted Turbine on the phone and they ran the card for me again, but with my old address (from like 7 or 8 months prior) and in went through...

Trusty
09-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Here's my experience:

I am an American working in Thailand. My bank accounts and cards are all in the US. When I try to start a new subscription it says no because my IP address is not consistent with my billing address. I am given no option to use PayPal only some cash pay outfit that I would have to send cash to by Western Union or mail. That is not a practical system as far as I am concerned.

I had a LOTRO account for about 8 months while living in Thailand with the same cards as I am now trying to use. Was given no option to add my DDO account to the LOTRO account, had to make a new one.

I am enjoying the game but not too interested in fighting this kind of nonsense. If they only want people resident in the US to play they should just say so.