PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about the frenzied brute build

Navyguy
09-16-2009, 09:29 AM
Ok I'm new and using the Frenzied brute build in the sticky above.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1718361&postcount=8

I just have a few questions since I don't know how to read all of the things in the build. I assume I should put all the stat points I get from leveling into strength. My main questions are is a great axe and great sword interchangable? I lucked into a +2 great axe. On items what should I be looking for +strength, +constitution, +plus hp, or +AC? I'm currently level 4 so any help is appreciated.

Arianrhod
09-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Ok I'm new and using the Frenzied brute build in the sticky above.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p=1718361&postcount=8

I just have a few questions since I don't know how to read all of the things in the build. I assume I should put all the stat points I get from leveling into strength. My main questions are is a great axe and great sword interchangable? I lucked into a +2 great axe. On items what should I be looking for +strength, +constitution, +plus hp, or +AC? I'm currently level 4 so any help is appreciated.

Barbarians are proficient with all martial weapons. Greataxe and greatsword are both martial weapons. They are also both 2-handed slashing weapons, so the same feats & proficiencies that work with one will work with the other. Go ahead & use the +2 greataxe until you find something better :)

As for items - +stat items are generally valuable, but they don't stack, so if you have 2 +1 str items, one of them is doing nothing for you. +HP items are good, as are +AC items, but even at low level it can be tough to get a decent AC while using 2-handed weapons, so if the +AC item isn't getting your AC over 20 (at a minimum - many players get AC over 30 well before 8th level), it's probably not worth it. Keep in mind, too, that armor bonuses don't stack, so if you're wearing chainmail and bracers of armor +1, the bracers are doing absolutely nothing.

Navyguy
09-16-2009, 09:54 AM
So does that mean my +1 breastplate and armored bracers, which has a +1 armor bonus, doesn't stack?

SimVerg
09-16-2009, 09:56 AM
So does that mean my +1 breastplate and armored bracers, which has a +1 armor bonus, doesn't stack?

Yes.