PDA

View Full Version : Couple of questions for my Barbarian build

Heburnll
09-15-2009, 05:11 PM
I was planning on creating a dwarf barbarian str 18 dex 12 and con 17. I was gonna take the feats 2 handed fighting, toughness, powers attack, imp crit slash, I2HF, GTHF and stunning blow.

My question is, what kind of enchantments should i get with a build like this?

Thanks in advance.

Arianrhod
09-15-2009, 05:18 PM
I think the usual advice with barbarians is to go with enhancements to improve rage (extend rage, extra rage, etc.). Enhancements that improve on your feats (barbarian power attack, racial toughness, possibly the Frenzied Berserker prestige enhancement line) would probably be worthwhile as well. Just don't waste any points on Barbarian Swim ;)

KingOfCheese
09-15-2009, 05:19 PM
A lot of these are to your taste. It is easy to switch them around if you don't like them. In general, a barb is a tough damage dealer--so take all of the ones that add to you hit points and your damage as a first priority: rage boosts (all types); damage boost;barbarian CON; power attack boost; toughness. If you have left overs, taking a speed boost or 2 is popular. You will probably want Frenzied Berserker at level 18--so you'll need all the prerequs for that: power rage III, damage boost IV, power attack III.

Heburnll
09-15-2009, 05:25 PM
I was looking at the dwarven axe enchantments, but they seem to be expensive, and im not sure if i can get that with most the rage buffs, Also, what about skills, i was thinking jump balance and possibly listen, but idk how effective or worthwhile that is

testing1234
09-15-2009, 05:27 PM
you need cleave in order to take frenzied berserker and you do need frenzied berserker.
after taking FB im guessing you will not have a huge amount of action points left to spend, thoughness enhachments and dwarven axe enhachments seems your best option. your needs at low medium lvl are not necessarily the same as at max so it would be logical to reset enchaments sevral times on your way to 20

WeaselKing
09-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Drop toughness or stunning blow for Cleave so you can get Frenzied Berserker. You should have just enough room to fully buff out your rages (hardy rage, power rage, extend rage, not necessarily extra rage though), get both racial and barbarian power attack enhancements, FB I, II & III of course and the capstone and In think, dw and barb con I and II, with just about nothing else.

Heburnll
09-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Do i need to take cleave before level 8 to get frenzied bezerker then or does it matter if i get it that early

spifflove
09-15-2009, 05:40 PM
you know the max dps barb build is not too far away.