PDA

View Full Version : Item comparison in inventory?

Valien
09-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Hi all,

Did some searches here but couldn't find a thread, so not sure if I was searching right or not. :) (ok, search disclaimer out of the way...)

Anyways, is there a way to compare what I have in inventory to what I am wearing? Ala, Diablo 2, or WoW or any other MMO out there? Say I find a slick Shield and want to find out how it compares to what I'm wearing. Right now I open inventory, then open my character and move the mouse between the two to look at stats and see which is better. Other games show both windows next to each other.

If not, no big deal, just didn't know if I'm missing an option somewhere.

~V

tihocan
09-14-2009, 08:46 AM
Options / UI settings: show item comparison tooltip.
Then, comparison window should pop-up when you mouse over an item in your inventory.

Deagan
09-14-2009, 08:49 AM
afaik as long as you have one of the items equiped it should be set to do that as default. Just mouse over the item in your backpack & up pops 2 windows. Check your UI settings in options if it's not working. Make sure 'Show item comparison tooltips' is ticked.

G.

Zenako
09-14-2009, 08:55 AM
The Item Compare Tooltip Display is ON by default, so if you have an item in that slot on your character, ANYthing you mouse over will pop up a comparison pop up window.

While this may seem useful at first, I expect that like most, it will soon become the very first thing you turn OFFF!!!! when you first log onto a character. If you are using two weapons, and mouse over a weapon in your inventory, or bank or in a chest, you suddenly get THREE windows popping up.

The turn off system is still somewhat bugged however, because even if you do turn it off, it still Pops Up when you are checking items in the bank, broker or Auction House. I have actually taken to removing weapons from the slots while shopping due to the inability to turn it off otherwise.

Valien
09-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Awesome! Thanks guys. I must have accidentally turned it off when I was monkeying around in the configs. I'll check it tonight.

~V

The Item Compare Tooltip Display is ON by default, so if you have an item in that slot on your character, ANYthing you mouse over will pop up a comparison pop up window.

While this may seem useful at first, I expect that like most, it will soon become the very first thing you turn OFFF!!!! when you first log onto a character. If you are using two weapons, and mouse over a weapon in your inventory, or bank or in a chest, you suddenly get THREE windows popping up.

The turn off system is still somewhat bugged however, because even if you do turn it off, it still Pops Up when you are checking items in the bank, broker or Auction House. I have actually taken to removing weapons from the slots while shopping due to the inability to turn it off otherwise.