PDA

View Full Version : Store Points

rhenford
09-05-2009, 11:18 AM
I have a couple of dumb questions.

1- Is one able to buy something from the DDO store for another player? Or can you "give away" your store points to another player? The answer to one will likely be same for both.

2- Do the 500 VIP points accumulate each month or are they "use or lose"?

Victorie
09-05-2009, 04:48 PM
1. You cannot "give points" off your account, or purchase store items for another player (with the exception of Guest Passes, which are intended for another player). However, if you are interested in purchasing points for another player's account, you can find directions to do so here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=181819).

2. I'm very happy to confirm that points do not expire!

rhenford
09-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the info.
One last thing. Do you need to be a VIP to buy guest passes. I am currently not a VIP (still checking things out from my prolonged absence) and any level range of guest pass says that there are none available for purchase. My plan was to either become a VIP and buy guest passes for my buddies who I hope to hook into the game...or to just buy some adventure packs and some guest passes for my buddies who I hope to hook into the game. I am leaning toward the latter but don't know if that's an option.

tihocan
09-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the info.
One last thing. Do you need to be a VIP to buy guest passes. I am currently not a VIP (still checking things out from my prolonged absence) and any level range of guest pass says that there are none available for purchase. My plan was to either become a VIP and buy guest passes for my buddies who I hope to hook into the game...or to just buy some adventure packs and some guest passes for my buddies who I hope to hook into the game. I am leaning toward the latter but don't know if that's an option.
You need to be a VIP OR purchase an adventure pack before you can buy a guest pass for someone else.

Girlbrush
09-16-2009, 09:42 AM
So a f2p player can purchase a guest pass as long as they own the adventure pack? That's strange because the store refuses to let me see them at all. It keeps insisting that it has nothing for my class and level, even though I already bought an adventure pack and am at the appropriate level for it. Is this another limitation of a f2p user, or a store error?

Spiffyspiffy
09-16-2009, 10:26 AM
I can confirm as a non-subscriber that I have an option to purchase a guest pass for all the packages I've purchased.

I can also confirm that I think 90 minutes is too short, and the price is too high, and that the liklihood of me buying a guest pass, ever, is near zero. I'd rather use the above detailed procedure by Victorie to buy a friend an actual permanent package.

Girlbrush
09-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Thank you Spiffyspiffy for confirming this. Guess I'll fill in a bug report.