PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with a build

Paul22
09-01-2009, 07:13 PM
I am playing DDO with a friend, he is going ranged bard, I am going cleric, but I need battle ability too. I am not sure how to build a good (28 pt, sucks i know) cleric that can both heal and handle fighting. Please help! I am looking at Verloc's Dwarven Battle Cleric build, however it is about a year old so I dunno if its still a good build. Thank you for the help in advance!

SloWMN
09-01-2009, 07:17 PM
I am playing DDO with a friend, he is going ranged bard, I am going cleric, but I need battle ability too. I am not sure how to build a good (28 pt, sucks i know) cleric that can both heal and handle fighting. Please help! I am looking at Verloc's Dwarven Battle Cleric build, however it is about a year old so I dunno if its still a good build. Thank you for the help in advance!

Hi,

I am very new to the game and I would like to have that build,. Since I cannot really help you; you might want to try this program and plan your character. Then you can post it here, and ask. Maybe someone with more knowledge can answer if it OK or not.
It did help me a lot too, you know.

Here is the link: http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/

Hope this comes handy to you as it did for me.

P.S. KUDOS to the guy/people that created this beautiful program. :)

Piz!

Noctus
09-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Verlocs build is not outdated.

I personally would swap Barbarian for Fighter, as a Feat that helps you 100% of the time is more valueable than a 1x per shrine Barbarian Rage for 1min, which also excludes you from casting.

Paul22
09-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Thank you very much, Any idea what feat would help me the most, I am a total Noob at DDO, and i dont want to gimp myself by choosing the wrong thing. Me and my friend are playin for fun and i dont want it to start hardcore sucking.

Angelus_dead
09-02-2009, 11:32 PM
I personally would swap Barbarian for Fighter, as a Feat that helps you 100% of the time is more valueable than a 1x per shrine Barbarian Rage for 1min, which also excludes you from casting.
Taking a barb level isn't for the rage. It's to get +10% run speed and +2 Power Attack.

Noctus
09-03-2009, 08:12 AM
Taking a barb level isn't for the rage. It's to get +10% run speed and +2 Power Attack.

The faster running is only "nice to have" and the higher power attack value is a double-edged sword. Most of the game you will not be auto-hitting on a 2+ with it active, so it has a serious drawback.

While an additional feat is a clear help.

Any idea what feat would help me the most, I am a total Noob at DDO, and i dont want to gimp myself by choosing the wrong thing.Feats are things that can be swapped if you find you made a suboptimal choice.

I´d take Power Attack as the fighter feat, so that is frees up a general feat slot to take Maximize Spell.