PDA

View Full Version : Trading in DDO

Kaldaka
07-16-2009, 11:02 AM
Why is the only trading option for those in DDO these forums. We all know that a small percentage of the gaming population actually goes on these forums on a regular basis, so potential trade opportunities are highly limited. Why is there no in-game method of advertising trades? I've seen people using the LFM page on the social forum, but that's just annoying for people trying to find a group, not to mention frowned upon by the GMs. Why not have a fifth window in the social tab dedicated to trading?

valorik
07-16-2009, 11:15 AM
on ghallanda we have a player-made marketplace channel, it's only got around 15 members at any time, but I see a lot get done on it.

Trillea
07-16-2009, 11:15 AM
Why is the only trading option for those in DDO these forums. We all know that a small percentage of the gaming population actually goes on these forums on a regular basis, so potential trade opportunities are highly limited. Why is there no in-game method of advertising trades? I've seen people using the LFM page on the social forum, but that's just annoying for people trying to find a group, not to mention frowned upon by the GMs. Why not have a fifth window in the social tab dedicated to trading?

Mod 9 is bringing a trades channel! :D

Harncw
07-16-2009, 12:35 PM
khyber has had a trades channel for a long time now

it's shows about a max of 30 people on it on any given night

Kistilan
07-16-2009, 12:38 PM
If you're really savvy about making a trader network, make a classy & professional ddotrader.net site. If you get it up and running in a very useful manner, you could ask Turbine, DDOCast & other gamer sites to plug you.

This might encompass a more-collective trader atmosphere. Not everyone will come to the game's forums, but if there is a central DDO Trade Site, everyone would go there (much like people go to pay4game sites).

Kaldaka
07-17-2009, 08:05 AM
If you're really savvy about making a trader network, make a classy & professional ddotrader.net site. If you get it up and running in a very useful manner, you could ask Turbine, DDOCast & other gamer sites to plug you.

This might encompass a more-collective trader atmosphere. Not everyone will come to the game's forums, but if there is a central DDO Trade Site, everyone would go there (much like people go to pay4game sites).

The problem with this is that the same players who don't go to these forums won't go to those sites either ...

But if there was a tab in the social panel, they would be much more likely to use that.

Mod 9 is bringing a trades channel! :D

Hmmm ... I would like a lot more information about this ... Let me do some surfing :D