PDA

View Full Version : Multi-class WF v. Dwarf

Yajerman01
07-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I am currently contemplating a build that will be fighter(8) Monk(2) Ronger (6) and I have settled on either a Warforged or a Dwarf. I ran the numbers and had a question as to what you guys/gals think what direction I should go. Regardless it doesnt really matter I just like to weigh out the advantages and disadvantages.

Going Warforged counting the particular feats and enahcnments I want, specifically he will have to go Khopesh; moreover he will have the undeniable aspect of the WF immunities.

Additionally, I would also like to know how his AC would stack or not stack as I am unfamiliar as to how AC works in conjunction with WF accessories. I currently view is AC breakdown as follows:

10 Base
02 Waforged composite
01 Dodge
02 Tempest
05 Docent
08 Bracers
01 Ritual
08 Dex bonus
05 Wisdom bonus
04 Shroud Item
03 Chattering
03 Barksin
05 Protection
57 (assuming that the docent, composite and bracers work in conjunction, i.e. stack with one another) I have him set up to grab CE when the level cap goes up upon recipt of a +3 Int tome.

Going Dwarf counting the particular feats and enhancements he will have a +2 more to hit then the WF, +2 more to Damage then the WF, and an AC of 59; but other then the Will Enchanment save enhancement line, no immunities and a little less, i.e. 20HP then the toaster.

pelase give me your view - much appreciated.

Trillea
07-09-2009, 12:52 PM
I am currently contemplating a build that will be fighter(8) Monk(2) Ronger (6) and I have settled on either a Warforged or a Dwarf. I ran the numbers and had a question as to what you guys/gals think what direction I should go. Regardless it doesnt really matter I just like to weigh out the advantages and disadvantages.

Going Warforged counting the particular feats and enahcnments I want, specifically he will have to go Khopesh; moreover he will have the undeniable aspect of the WF immunities.

Additionally, I would also like to know how his AC would stack or not stack as I am unfamiliar as to how AC works in conjunction with WF accessories. I currently view is AC breakdown as follows:

10 Base
02 Waforged composite
01 Dodge
02 Tempest
05 Docent
08 Bracers
01 Ritual
08 Dex bonus
05 Wisdom bonus
04 Shroud Item
03 Chattering
03 Barksin
05 Protection
57 (assuming that the docent, composite and bracers work in conjunction, i.e. stack with one another) I have him set up to grab CE when the level cap goes up upon recipt of a +3 Int tome.

Going Dwarf counting the particular feats and enhancements he will have a +2 more to hit then the WF, +2 more to Damage then the WF, and an AC of 59; but other then the Will Enchanment save enhancement line, no immunities and a little less, i.e. 20HP then the toaster.

pelase give me your view - much appreciated.

The Docent stacks with the composite but the bracers do not stack with either.

Goldeneye
07-09-2009, 12:58 PM
I have a Human 8 FTR/6 RGR/2 MNK on Khyber. From what I understand, there are 2 best directions to take the build:

"The Monster" WF STR Khopesh User
Halfling DEX Based Rapier User.

However, if you are interested in the Strength route, I would strongly encourage you to take 2 Rogue instead of 2 Monk. Currently my build has more feats then I know what to do with, therefor, if you are not utilizing the Monk WIS-> AC, the monk is unnecessary. Rogue would give you sneak attack damage, and the all-important UMD!!!!

Yajerman01
07-09-2009, 12:59 PM
The Docent stacks with the composite but the bracers do not stack with either.

OKay so are you able to do the alchemical ritual on another artical of clothing? If so then perhaps bracers would be the way to go.

Yajerman01
07-09-2009, 01:06 PM
I have a Human 8 FTR/6 RGR/2 MNK on Khyber. From what I understand, there are 2 best directions to take the build:

"The Monster" WF STR Khopesh User
Halfling DEX Based Rapier User.

However, if you are interested in the Strength route, I would strongly encourage you to take 2 Rogue instead of 2 Monk. Currently my build has more feats then I know what to do with, therefor, if you are not utilizing the Monk WIS-> AC, the monk is unnecessary. Rogue would give you sneak attack damage, and the all-important UMD!!!!

Very cool, thank you. The dwarf version is using the monk splash for AC and feats so I can attain Kensai II; additionally, I was able to bring his base UMD up to 11. AS for the Kensaii II aspect I already have most of the required feats, (just missing Greater Weapon Specialization)

for Kensaii II enhancements I have worked out the enhancements that I need a total of 20 AP - 16 AP for 4 new levels - so I would be looking to sacrifice 4 AP from my current enhancement line.

I wont think about going dexed base, not my thing anymore but I will have to go look at the "Monster build" i pressume

anyone else got any additional comments?

kuro_zero
07-09-2009, 01:15 PM
You can not do AC ritual on accessories, only armors and shields. Docents count as armor.

You can also add +2 from the Inherent AC bonus on Dragon Touched armor - it stacks with everything else. And WF can use chaosguard since they don't need armored bracers.

Basically your armor bonus comes down to

WF:
2 Composite
5 Docent
2 Inherent
1 Ritual
2 Chaosguard
---
11 AC + all other bonuses being equal (chattering ring, Wis & Dex bonus, etc)

Fleshies:
4 Dodge (Icy)
1 Ritual
8 Bracers
---
13 AC + all other bonuses being equal

2 AC difference with not difficult to farm items (Icy runs till you drop, and GL finding them bracers with the right RR).

Yajerman01
07-09-2009, 01:28 PM
You can not do AC ritual on accessories, only armors and shields. Docents count as armor.

You can also add +2 from the Inherent AC bonus on Dragon Touched armor - it stacks with everything else. And WF can use chaosguard since they don't need armored bracers.

Basically your armor bonus comes down to

WF:
2 Composite
5 Docent
2 Inherent
1 Ritual
2 Chaosguard
---
11 AC + all other bonuses being equal (chattering ring, Wis & Dex bonus, etc)

Fleshies:
4 Dodge (Icy)
1 Ritual
8 Bracers
---
13 AC + all other bonuses being equal

2 AC difference with not difficult to farm items (Icy runs till you drop, and GL finding them bracers with the right RR).

Thank you very much, so this is what I have:

WF v. Dwarf
AC 53 > 54 (barely)
Dmg Bonus 00 > +2 more
Attk Bonus 00 > +2 more
HP setup 20 < 20 less
Immunities yes < none
UMD ability 6 base > 11 base

Warforged is starting to look more appealing

Galbbatorix
07-09-2009, 02:33 PM
I know you said you are considering only wf and dwarf at this point, but IMO halfling is the way to go. With this mix especially next mod if you go up to 12 ftr, you have plenty of feats, enough to take dragon marks. The dragon marks on a halfling are great. You'll have ac on this toon, evasion, and self healing, very hard to kill. With the right gear you can get your full heal to do around 250, which is very nice. I have one of these builds as a halfling, and know of many of my friends who have the same as a halfling, all of whom were about to go dwarf before I told them about the halfling dragon marks and how great they are.

Also halflings get all those backstab enhancements which add alot to dps. Just something to consider other than wf and dwarf.

Yajerman01
07-09-2009, 03:51 PM
I know you said you are considering only wf and dwarf at this point, but IMO halfling is the way to go. With this mix especially next mod if you go up to 12 ftr, you have plenty of feats, enough to take dragon marks. The dragon marks on a halfling are great. You'll have ac on this toon, evasion, and self healing, very hard to kill. With the right gear you can get your full heal to do around 250, which is very nice. I have one of these builds as a halfling, and know of many of my friends who have the same as a halfling, all of whom were about to go dwarf before I told them about the halfling dragon marks and how great they are.

Also halflings get all those backstab enhancements which add alot to dps. Just something to consider other than wf and dwarf.

I have a halfling strength build 11 fighter/3 pally/2 monk - sitting at 442hp all dragon marks for a total of 1700ish in hp heals 58 AC and 38/38/32 in saves respectibly with evasion, duel weilding Khopeshes.

Its a nice build that doesnt get alot of props, so i know about halfling love though. I am looking for a little more output with immunites - I saw the Monster version and will tweak it a bit.