PDA

View Full Version : Need some advise

Cpw
07-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Im sort of new to the game and always get a bad case of alt-itis before I get a character up high. This means that I do not have access to any fancy gear to help level the solo challenged classes. (note I know all classes can solo if you have the patience).

Should I make a Farm character to get loot for the characters I want to play ?
What would be a good example of a quick to level character that can farm Items quickly?
Are there any Guides on quests that are easy and drop good loot?

I gathered all the plat off all my characters and took the 300plat to the auction house feeling good about myself. That did not last very long once I saw the price things where selling for. Just buying the things I want does not look realistic.

Trillea
07-04-2009, 05:52 PM
Im sort of new to the game and always get a bad case of alt-itis before I get a character up high. This means that I do not have access to any fancy gear to help level the solo challenged classes. (note I know all classes can solo if you have the patience).

Should I make a Farm character to get loot for the characters I want to play ?
What would be a good example of a quick to level character that can farm Items quickly?
Are there any Guides on quests that are easy and drop good loot?

I gathered all the plat off all my characters and took the 300plat to the auction house feeling good about myself. That did not last very long once I saw the price things where selling for. Just buying the things I want does not look realistic.

By far the fastest leveling character is a healing cleric. They will never have a problem getting into a quest. After that one of the fastest would be a 2rog/*wiz WF because if noone is doing a quest you want to do you ahve a dang good chance to solo it... :D

As for what quests drop what loot, look for the named loot thread, it shows where all found named loot drops.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=121279 - named loot thread BTW

Calagnar
07-04-2009, 05:53 PM
Get to 1750 favor to unlock 32 point builds befor you make alts. If not you will end up making meny repalcements after you get to 1750 favor on one toon. Next that will solve your equipmet problmes becos you will have to do meny lower level quest for the favor and pick up gear for your alts as you do it.

VKhaun
07-04-2009, 05:57 PM
By far the fastest leveling character is a healing cleric. They will never have a problem getting into a quest. After that one of the fastest would be a 2rog/*wiz WF because if noone is doing a quest you want to do you ahve a dang good chance to solo it... :D

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=121279 - named loot thread BTW

As for what quests drop what loot, look for the named loot thread, it shows where all found named loot drops.

Another +1 for healing cleric, not pure though.
Splash something for mobility. Barbarian IMHO.
Gives ya sprint boosts and +10% base move speed.
They get offense later that's good for solo. Blade Barrier namely.
Make sure you've got: 18wis, 14con, 10str. Whatever else.

Also, another +1 for straight to 1750.
Have altitis with the experience of a lv16.
Make characters with the permanence of a 32pt builds.
Enjoy the money/gear hand downs of a farm toon.