PDA

View Full Version : Expanded Class Tags

CIuB
05-30-2009, 10:07 PM
With the release and fine tuning of so many different sub-classes, leading to a variety of different character types within 1 class it would be very nice to see some more clarification in the class tags next to the characters names in a party and in the Social Pannel.

As it is know it can be difficult to judge what you are getting into, or even how you need to run your character from a quick glance at the party window.

Some Ideas:

have the main icons remain the same, and add 2 sub icons in the bottom left and right corner, where 1 was what subclass you chose and the other signified weather you were using a shield or going full DPS

This would help party leaders and members to show what they are running with

CIuB
05-31-2009, 12:11 AM
Hey if your checking this out give a little feedback, will it work, do you think this will add to the game, do you hate it, can it be improved on lets get this some attention.

Azdraugnor
05-31-2009, 08:32 AM
It would help somewhat, but I'm not sure how possible it would be to have the game detect what subclass/build people are, since a lot of people don't fit into any of these categories, and might get misclassified.

redoubt
05-31-2009, 09:25 AM
I've thought something like this was needed for a while.

Its something that the player could select for each character.

Some examples (i.e. what the player considers their character to be):

Healbot: current cleric symbol
Casting cleric: cleric symbol with a little sorc like symbol built in.
Battle Cleric: Cleric symbol with crossed maces (or swords)

For the bard show a symbol for the three specialties.
Warchanter: bard symbol with crossed swords

Anyone with trapsmith skills could put a small key on their symbol. As a side benifit, non-trapsmith rogues would not get asked to do traps.

branmakmuffin
05-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Let's get selectable class icons first, I say.