PDA

View Full Version : DDO Crafting Planner V2.6.1 Released

Sanadil
04-29-2009, 03:55 PM
This version includes DDO's very own Compendium. This also fixes an error on 1 specific crafting formula. Full release notes can be found below.

DDO Crafting Planner:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=137347

PS - I triple checked this time, whether you download the full version, or update from within the planner, all your save files, raid timers, items, and settings, will be saved....NOTHING WILL GET WIPED :)

Durack
04-30-2009, 10:17 PM
i love the compendium addition. good touch

kinar
04-30-2009, 10:18 PM
testing the update from within the 2.5.1 version...

-edit-
heh...didn't work the first time...asked me if I wanted to update and when I clicked yes, it just exited...

launched again, and now it is workin....although I will be seriously impressed if it kept my custom changes to the shroud puzzle page./..

-edit-
nope...didn't keep it....I had added the tables for solving without the solver there that are posted here on the forums somewhere...no biggie...easy enough to read (you might consider adding this to the next version)...I'll lookup the post if you don't know what I'm talkin about...

Titan green room...NICE addition!

-edit-
maps....awesome

SableShadow
04-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Great work! This is pretty darn nifty. :)

Mockduck
05-01-2009, 02:22 AM
You rule. Best thing ever for DDO!

Sanadil
05-01-2009, 10:49 AM
testing the update from within the 2.5.1 version...

-edit-
heh...didn't work the first time...asked me if I wanted to update and when I clicked yes, it just exited...

launched again, and now it is workin....although I will be seriously impressed if it kept my custom changes to the shroud puzzle page./..

-edit-
nope...didn't keep it....I had added the tables for solving without the solver there that are posted here on the forums somewhere...no biggie...easy enough to read (you might consider adding this to the next version)...I'll lookup the post if you don't know what I'm talkin about...

Titan green room...NICE addition!

-edit-
maps....awesome

I use that table too, I'll add it to the next release. Using the internal updater overwrites all files you have (except save files), so if you customized the the pages I reference, they go bye bye. Just send suggestions to ddocrafting@gmail.com if you want something added :)

AmoebaCowboy
05-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Excellent work as always. The compendium inclusion is a nice touch. I did notice a couple of (minor) issues:

* Raid Readiness Table - Litany is misspelled in the Abbot section
* BOLAS/Tempered II - Air, Earth, Fire+Water shows BOLAS correctly in craft planner for 3rd tier. Fire, Water, Air+Earth (Tempered II) is also displaying as BOLAS for 3rd tier and not Tempered (but the recipes are correct for both). The Elemental Mastery tier 3 effect is the same for both craft recipes so it's not a big deal but someone looking for Tempered II may get confused when BOLAS shows up during planning.

Draccus
05-01-2009, 01:44 PM
This is the best DDO app ever made. I use it far more than any others, including the character planner.

Thanks!

slumbering_dragon
05-01-2009, 02:20 PM
this is the first i am using this program and all i have to say, it its bloody awsome. man i have to comend u of all your work. great job man. really great job. my only question to u is, do u make a character build guid as well, i know with out a doubt u could make an aseom one.

Chazzie
05-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Kudos ! Once again I Tip my hat to you kind sir.

AmoebaCowboy
05-01-2009, 03:45 PM
this is the first i am using this program and all i have to say, it its bloody awsome. man i have to comend u of all your work. great job man. really great job. my only question to u is, do u make a character build guid as well, i know with out a doubt u could make an aseom one.

The Character build guide, due to the sheer complexity, would need to be a separate application I'd think. Plus, the existing char builders out there are pretty good.

I'd much rather see the Walkthrough portion expanded (in the same way the Compendium section references the live website) by including Lost Leader's "Lost Quest Guide" thread: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=122192

Sanadil
05-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Excellent work as always. The compendium inclusion is a nice touch. I did notice a couple of (minor) issues:

* BOLAS/Tempered II - Air, Earth, Fire+Water shows BOLAS correctly in craft planner for 3rd tier. Fire, Water, Air+Earth (Tempered II) is also displaying as BOLAS for 3rd tier and not Tempered (but the recipes are correct for both). The Elemental Mastery tier 3 effect is the same for both craft recipes so it's not a big deal but someone looking for Tempered II may get confused when BOLAS shows up during planning.

I love bug reports, thanks for these catches, they will be fixed in the next update. I'll have to look at why I called it BOLAS twice, its been so long there may have been a reason for it.

I'm guessing there is spelling errors in alot of the walkthroughs, I never did like my english classes ;)

Sanadil
05-04-2009, 10:53 AM
Thanks to all for the kind regards :)

I wanted to comment quick on the Character Planner suggestions. Amoeba is correct in stating that it would require its own app. The complexity of it would just require that. I already have thousands upon thousands of lines of code in the Crafting Planner, and adding a Character Planner would more than double that.

Also, why re-create the wheel, Ron's character planner is the best I've seen around, I use it exclusively to plan out all my characters before going live with them. You can nab it here:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=87799

I'll look into adding some of those walkthroughs to the Planner Amoeba, that way they can be available offline and on.

Right now I'm sitting at home with a broken foot, about to head to an orthopedist, fun fun. I left my laptop at work (which has the crafting planner source), so no work on it today, but I should have some time this week as I can't go anywhere! Bummer for me, Bonus for you ;)

Sanadil
05-08-2009, 05:05 PM

FYI, I just have it backwards in the planner.

Fire, Water, Air + Earth = Tempered, I'm calling it BoLaS

Air, Earth, Fire + Water = BoLaS, I'm calling it Tempered

Formulas are all correct either way.

(This is already fixed in my Dev Version)