PDA

View Full Version : Guilds

EJOGODDESS
04-17-2009, 06:21 PM
New (returning) Player looking for guild to join... Can you all give me some insight on the guilds out there, which ones are the best and why?

Thanks For The Help...

LexxCoool
04-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Are you interrested in raiding or casual play . Just helping you get started here.

MondoGrunday
04-17-2009, 06:31 PM
New (returning) Player looking for guild to join... Can you all give me some insight on the guilds out there, which ones are the best and why?

Thanks For The Help...

Any bad ones to stay away from?

i'm not taking the bate , regardless of what guild you chose, putting anything negative about a guild will probably draw infraction points, imho.
welcome back tho!!!

EJOGODDESS
04-17-2009, 06:31 PM
I like raiding, loot is always good, but casual is fine too....

Dont want to play by my self...

MondoGrunday
04-17-2009, 06:33 PM
some of the better known guilds, like thaco, ****, ravensgaurd etc, would probably be a good place to start they are well established, long term guilds with friendly members. (that sounds just wrong lol)

KatanAztar
04-17-2009, 06:35 PM
No one can tell you what guild you would like best... I suggest Pugging with as many different guilds as possible and then seek membership.

LexxCoool
04-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Sent you a PM

EJOGODDESS
04-17-2009, 06:36 PM
some of the better known guilds, like thaco, ****, ravensgaurd etc, would probably be a good place to start they are well established, long term guilds with friendly members. (that sounds just wrong lol)

What is the "****"? Guild with a naughty name?

KatanAztar
04-17-2009, 06:40 PM

I think he means the guild with the initials of S T F U :D

MondoGrunday
04-17-2009, 06:40 PM

it was short for southern tenant farmers union, from way back on fernia. still around.

EJOGODDESS
04-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Can any one tell me who the Guild Leaders are for:

Thaco
S.T.F. U
Ravensguard

Thanks

Nakia
04-17-2009, 07:31 PM
You might try checkin out the Ghallanda Guild list...some are prolly listed in there.

Bronko
04-17-2009, 07:50 PM

Thanks For The Help...

There is an entire forum area titled Ghallanda Guilds (http://forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=171) where you might do some research and have some of your questions answered. There is a stickied thread at the top of this forum with a complied list of the various guilds, the guild leaders, and links to their websites. This forum area also hosts threads posted by various guilds that they have used to showcase what they are all about and what they are looking for in a member.

But I'd suggest getting into some groups with folks from lots of different guilds if you want a true feel for what they people making up the guild are like. Don't be in a rush as a compatible guild is a real asset to any player and joining one where you end up having internal strife can hurt your gaming experience.

FYI this is by no means a shameless plug for my own guild. I'm just trying to point you in the right direction and help you start your search for a home in a productive manner. Until such a time as you do find a guild you like there are always lots of pick-up groups (PUGs) of all sorts that you can join using the Social panel.

Happy hunting and good looting,
- B.

EJOGODDESS
04-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Happy hunting and good looting,
- B.[/QUOTE]

Thanks... I will look at that... wanted to get some player info on who they like...

Gzusman
04-17-2009, 08:15 PM
You should consider Katet.

They are open to the young and new players. Very helpful and insightful for ingame tactics. In game contacts you should talk to are:

Coldest-1
Rhynn
Cached

They are very understanding of new player mistakes and will walk you through the basics and leveling to 16. The Guild is mature adults and very relaxed. Eletist players are frowned upon as they tend to hinder the ingame experience players who just want to have a good time.

I will put in a good for you, please look for the officers listed above in game and talk to them.

Tell them Gzus sent you!

Hope this helps

sativathered6977
04-18-2009, 07:41 AM
You should consider Katet.

They are open to the young and new players. Very helpful and insightful for ingame tactics. In game contacts you should talk to are:

Coldest-1
Rhynn
Cached

They are very understanding of new player mistakes and will walk you through the basics and leveling to 16. The Guild is mature adults and very relaxed. Eletist players are frowned upon as they tend to hinder the ingame experience players who just want to have a good
time.

I will put in a good for you, please look for the officers listed above in game and talk to them.

Tell them Gzus sent you!

Hope this helps

:eek::eek: lmao

you can also look up dragonmark alliance OP....... we are a fun guild to run with. look up azaria or leanesse in game.

moomooprincess
04-18-2009, 08:42 AM
I have not ran with all guilds, or any others that have made a memorable impression on me, there are four guilds and one guild of distinction.

I have found these guilds to be quite honorable

Sabbat
Old Timers Guild
ToHitArmorClassZero
Valiant Accord

IMHO, the guild with the best players is DDO Korea Season II. They will gladly charge into the Maws of Death and make you think, "Party Wipe!!" and by the time you get there the battle is over. That is when you say to yourself, "I am not worthy."

One way to find out is to be able to join one of their "Short a few men? no problem!" raids.

In my opinion, Oddlived is one of the Top 5 best players on Ghallanda, if not the best. The other players in DDO Korea are not slouches by any means, but as the party does wipe in something that caught them off guard(elite of course) Oddlived will still be standing, and once he cleans up he gladly either REZs everyone, or takes your stone to the shrine. Laughing the entire time.

That dude is awesome.

kamimitsu
04-18-2009, 02:08 PM
In my opinion, Oddlived is one of the Top 5 best players on Ghallanda, if not the best. The other players in DDO Korea are not slouches by any means, but as the party does wipe in something that caught them off guard(elite of course) Oddlived will still be standing, and once he cleans up he gladly either REZs everyone, or takes your stone to the shrine. Laughing the entire time.

That dude is awesome.

Somewhere deep in the bowels of hell, the devil is wondering why some fool would sell his soul to be that ridiculously good at a video game. In all seriousness, Oddlived humbles me nearly every time I group with him and that's not even taking in to consideration his solo/2-man/3-man achievements.

Best answer for OP, as many have pointed out, is the Ghallanda Guilds page. Then PUG out some quests... a lot of quests and see if the reality meets your expectations. Get to know some different folks from different guilds (not just the same 3 every time). If you are fun, and you have no guild name under yours, you will get approached relatively quickly. But don't press, as that's a sure way to not get in to many a guild (IMO anyway).

Gzusman
04-18-2009, 09:23 PM
:eek::eek: lmao

you can also look up dragonmark alliance OP....... we are a fun guild to run with. look up azaria or leanesse in game.

Not sure what is so funny, but how dare you try to snipe my new recruit! If EJOGODDESS is looking for the help and understanding new players need, He/She will look up the officers I noted in game and contact them..

You may want to talk to Gunga too, real nice guy and officer.

EJOGODDESS
04-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks Gzus, I will look for them....

Sativathered, I will look for you in the game also...

Thanks for all the help again.

Comfortably
04-19-2009, 03:22 AM
Just incase you are looking for a friendly plat farmer, I know just the one , Look up Squeek. :p

(Just kidding as always Squeek, consider this like a burnt tot being thrown at you:D)

daslim1
04-19-2009, 03:42 AM
Don't you ever give it up(the "joke" that is)

Comfortably
04-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Don't you ever give it up(the "joke" that is)

What fun would that be? :D

sativathered6977
04-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Not sure what is so funny, but how dare you try to snipe my new recruit! If EJOGODDESS is looking for the help and understanding new players need, He/She will look up the officers I noted in game and contact them..

You may want to talk to Gunga too, real nice guy and officer.

i just thought what you wrote was funny! gzus you know i luv ya!

az

Gunga
04-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Hey Ejo:

I probably won't be on Gunga for a few days, so if you'd still like to inquire about KaTet, please contact Coldest-1.

Thank you.

Jondallar
04-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Hey Ejo:

I probably won't be on Gunga for a few days, so if you'd still like to inquire about KaTet, please contact Coldest-1.

Thank you.

GET HEALERS FRIEND YOU FRIGGIN NOOB.
That is all
J$

Gzusman
04-21-2009, 08:14 AM
i just thought what you wrote was funny! gzus you know i luv ya!

az

Always gotta be hating... Theres too much hate in the world... Wheres the love?

Gzusman
04-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Hey Ejo:

Thank you.

You cant hide forever... Man up to your officer responsibilities. Send a list of your alts so you can be found... Explain why Katet might be right for EJOGODDESS, recruitment is a big part of being a leader Gunga, I dont think you are doing your part...

Make me proud Gunga... Step up to the plate!:p

Accelerando
04-27-2009, 03:26 AM
Katet is garbage. :D

Accelerando
04-27-2009, 03:29 AM

Accelerando
04-27-2009, 03:53 AM

Riggs
04-27-2009, 03:56 AM
The best guild is the Riggs guild.

20 members, can fill nearly 2 raids at a time, there is a steep entry requirement though....renaming all your characters to Riggs....

Guild chat tends to be very confusing.

Accelerando
04-27-2009, 04:31 AM
The best guild is the Riggs guild.

20 members, can fill nearly 2 raids at a time, there is a steep entry requirement though....renaming all your characters to Riggs....

Guild chat tends to be very confusing.

I would think so!

Venar
04-27-2009, 06:30 AM
Beeing able to use the guild forums and shop around in pugs, and use the capslock key are pre-reqs to join my guild, sorry.

EJOGODDESS
04-27-2009, 03:36 PM
Beeing able to use the guild forums and shop around in pugs, and use the capslock key are pre-reqs to join my guild, sorry.

Not sure what you meant to imply with that, but OK? I am guessing you must one those Katet guys too. I have heard about you!

Chromus
04-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Don't ever join up with Eutopia. They run way too fast and dont kill ANYTHING. That guy Akira is by far the worst.

Venar
04-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Not sure what you meant to imply with that, but OK? I am guessing you must one those Katet guys too. I have heard about you!

Never heard of them.

Gzusman
04-28-2009, 09:35 AM

Of course you have heard of them. To ever imply otherwise would be blasphamy.