PDA

View Full Version : The "Misfit" Challenge

KGWiking
04-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Well, someone had asked for a group challenge (really was criticizing the WW Gauntlet I think ;) ).

In any case, this is one that I've incorporated into Valhalla. We have a "Misfit Group" - kinda like the Island of Unwanted toys in a Christmas cartoon from my childhood - that runs together when we are on - sort of an ad hoc dedicated group. Our group is three and all have to "try" to multiclass..again we're misfits and really don't know what we're want to be when we grow up.

Here is how you make a misfit (totally random)

Race Roll 1D6
1 Human
2 Dwarf
3 Drow
4 Elf
5 Halfling
6 WF

Next Roll Class (Three rolls if any "repeat or are incompatible you lose that class - or you can keep rolling if you want to try a misfit as you could get a pure class which may not really be a misfit :) )
Roll `1 D10 x 3
1 - FTR
2 - Ranger
3 - Rogue
4 - Wizard
5 - Cleric
6 - Sorcerer
7 - Paladin
8 - Barbarian
9 - Bard
10 - Monk

Finally roll alignment 3d6 x 7 with one throwaway - may not be the lowest roll but usually is.

Assign one roll to a stat - or make it totally random. Try to stay as close as you can to the die rolls - you may be over or under one number if you rolled badly or well.

This is done purely for fun...so far it has been interesting and hopefully we'll stay alive for awhile.

Our three memmber team results were:
KG Toaster Rogue (Wizard in the future AKA Fembot as I forgot to click off the default)
STR 10/ DEX 12 / CON 12 / INT 17/ WIS 10 CH 7

Absoloot Elf Ranger (Cleric and Sorc in the future)
STR 11 / DEX 18 / CON 6 / INT 8 / WIS 16 / CHA 13

Fitzmunder Von Shrimes Halfling Cleric (Ranger in the future)
STR 10/ DEX 13 /CON 12 / WIS 14 / INT 11 / CH 11

So far we've only run a few quests but are now all at lvl2 and eligible for Lvl 3 but are holding out till we cap it.

So, yet another challenge - adding PD and our No use of AH - Brokers - and buying consumable magic has made it even a bit more interesting.

Happy Gaming.

KG

Samadhi
04-06-2009, 12:38 PM
So far we've only run a few quests but are now all at lvl2 and eligible for Lvl 3 but are holding out till we cap it.

So, yet another challenge - adding PD and our No use of AH - Brokers - and buying consumable magic has made it even a bit more interesting.

Happy Gaming.

KG

LOL, so delayed leveling is allowed in your PD play too? Is this common?

KGWiking
04-06-2009, 01:44 PM

I suppose you have a problem with that too?

I see that being an imbecile is allowed in your play. Is that common or relegated only to you?

:)

Samadhi
04-06-2009, 02:56 PM
I suppose you have a problem with that too?

I see that being an imbecile is allowed in your play. Is that common or relegated only to you?

:)

I have no problem with it. My recommendation would be to grow some thicker skin - not everyone is a troll.

My question remains - is this common in PD play?

Justicar
04-06-2009, 04:57 PM

It would make staying alive certainly harder, and as most of can agree upon, PDers dont exactly shy away from a challenge.

Also, if you want an actual answer out of somebody, it is somewhat counter productive to begin your question with a LOL...

toughguyjoe
04-07-2009, 12:40 AM
I have no problem with it. My recommendation would be to grow some thicker skin - not everyone is a troll.

My question remains - is this common in PD play?

Yes it is common in PD play to my limited knowledge. It allows you to gain more XP from explorer areas, and also to not miss out on quests, as PD players also like to get the harbor done compeltely before solidly moving on to the marketplace etc.

Yes PD moves slow, but it is also fun. Ogres are dangerous again. Imagine that.

Return_To_Forever
04-07-2009, 03:36 PM
It would make staying alive certainly harder, and as most of can agree upon, PDers dont exactly shy away from a challenge.

Also, if you want an actual answer out of somebody, it is somewhat counter productive to begin your question with a LOL...

LOL, hey hows it goin?

Justicar
04-08-2009, 12:23 PM
LOL, hey hows it goin?

:rolleyes:

Anarkius
04-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Well, Absoloot did not make it quite as far as I would have hoped. The Con of 6 did him in when he was infected with zombie rot (or some such undead related disease). PD is rough stuff, you gotta have the juevos to be able to not lose heart.

I run a lot of toons on a lot of servers. This is my first attempt at playing PD - I have dedicated 3 character slots to PD playstyle on ghallanda - a lot of re-rolling goin on!

I have seen various 'stipulations' and 'variations' of rules ranging from guild to guild, but it is a lot of fun. And no, we don't run from challenges. What doesn't kill us allows us to level :D

Accelerando
04-13-2009, 10:14 PM
You can only gain XP up to 1 AP above your current level before it no longer adds.

On the other hand you won't be dying any con deaths so there is that to consider.

GL!

BattleCircle
04-14-2009, 03:27 PM
You can only gain XP up to 1 AP above your current level before it no longer adds.

On the other hand you won't be dying any con deaths so there is that to consider.

GL!

Is this true? You mean that if I need 1584 xp to level and run a quest that gives 2300 I will not get the extra xp above what is needed for the next level?

edit. I read it wrong, was reading you as 1xp above that need to level, not 1AP, sorry for the confusion

Kadran
04-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Is this true? You mean that if I need 1584 xp to level and run a quest that gives 2300 I will not get the extra xp above what is needed for the next level?

Not 1 EXP, 1 Action Point. Even at level 1, your scenario above lets you take advantage of all exp you'd gain normally.