PDA

View Full Version : Do multiple regenerations stack?

sephiroth1084
04-04-2009, 11:55 AM
I recently decided to craft a True Resurrection clicky for my two capped characters and was wondering what to put on the item. As something I'd rarely wear, most reactive abilities seemed a waste, but I could see myself putting on the item for the regen while waiting for someone who is AFK, while soloing or whatever. So, my question is whether multiple instances of regeneration will stack. If I regen 1/min and 1/30 seconds, will I gain 3 HP back over the course of a min (1 at 3, and 2 at 1 min) or will I only gain 2 back (1 at 30 and 1 at a min)?

They'll be on goggles. My tank currently has +5 Will, Poison Immunity, Existential Stalemate I, and my wizards has Blind/Disease Immunity, +150 SP, Existential Stalemate and Concordant Opposition. Thus, neither will want to run around fighting too often with the secondary set on.

Also, what have other people put on these items of theirs?

sephiroth1084
04-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Bump

Comfortably
04-04-2009, 02:19 PM
They do not stack.

Hendrik
04-04-2009, 02:41 PM
They do not stack.

Only the highest applies if you happen to be wearing two.

gfunk
04-04-2009, 02:44 PM
I have heard people say they don't stack, however I have never seen anyone provide any evidence. As people also commonly say that healing amp doesnt stack (even though it does) I would reserve judgement until someone can post some concrete evidence, or at least an account of their personal experience with items that have regeneration on more than 1 tier

Samadhi
04-04-2009, 02:58 PM
I have heard people say they don't stack, however I have never seen anyone provide any evidence. As people also commonly say that healing amp doesnt stack (even though it does) I would reserve judgement until someone can post some concrete evidence, or at least an account of their personal experience with items that have regeneration on more than 1 tier

I, personally, wore a ring of troll regeneration while wearing a shroud item with improved regeneration. They did not stack.

Roman
04-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Devs had said that item effects could change so this effect might be enhanced or allowed to stack in the future. But currently at 1 hp/15 sec = 4hp/min it would take an typical 400hp tank an hour and a half to regain full health :confused:. A 300% healing amp monk could do it in 33 minutes with is startng to actually be somewhat useful.

Unless you have huge healing amp I wouldnt waste the larges, and even if you do hae huge healing amp, I'm not sure I would waste the larges either.

sephiroth1084
04-04-2009, 04:12 PM
These items are never going to see tier III; I'm just making them for the True Rez clicky, but wanted to see if there were any semi-useful effects that I could put on tiers I and II along the way.

tihocan
04-06-2009, 08:55 AM
Besides regen, I can only see the +cha skills as potentially useful, if you have some umd and can use a temporary boost (e.g. to use a scroll or equip something). See all your options here (http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?item=helm&weapon=weapon&effects=positive_1_&altar=2). +cha can also be useful for haggle or other social skills you can use for NPC dialogs.