PDA

View Full Version : Loot All Button

Tolero
02-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Tired of having to place each item from the treasure chest into your bag? You will be able to use the "Lo (http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/itsapuzzle/01100111.jpg?t=1243551792)ot All" button to automatically have all the items in the chest that dropped for you placed right in your inventory with a single click! Items that bind will still ask for a confirmation prior to ending up in your inventory.

HeavenlyCloud
02-06-2009, 05:27 PM
Nice.

Gunga
02-06-2009, 05:29 PM
Dece.

Hendrik
02-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Nice. I like it.

Oreg
02-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Sounds good.

Go go drive by looting. "Ill pull all these mobs, you guys go ahead and loot and I'll swing by and grab mine quick.":D

that was sarcasm.

I do like the idea but I do think it makes the above scenario easier. Either way I never really thought it was that big of a deal to "loot" the chest conventionally.

*edit* Out of the 3 threads - this is the only one where I see potential for abuse. There are high level chests that will be looted using the tactic I mentioned above with or without leashing dynamics.

Angelus_dead
You will be able to use the "Loot All" button to automatically have all the items in the chest that dropped for you placed right in your inventory with a single click!
How about "Release All", which marks the remaining items as free for anyone to take? (And which prints a message to that effect in the Loot chat)

Comfortably
Finally, Somthing Uber!! :)

Garth_of_Sarlona
02-06-2009, 05:38 PM
Are there still individual entries in the (Loot) chat window? It's good to be able to see what people are looting and, more importantly, cut n paste those IIDs for future reference :)

Does pushing 'Cancel' to the 'Picking up this item will bind it' abort the 'loot all' or does it continue to loot unbound items?

It would be nice to have options to say 'never pick up scrolls' or 'never pick up arrrows' too. It would be nice to have options to autoassign arrows to a random ranger in the group and scrolls to a random caster in the group.

Garth

Oreg
02-06-2009, 05:41 PM
How about "Release All", which marks the remaining items as free for anyone to take? (And which prints a message to that effect in the Loot chat)

This I like....

kaidendager
02-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Are there any plans to allow the "Loot All" button to be customizeable to a key on the keyboard? Would really make or break its function for me...

kingfisher
02-06-2009, 05:46 PM
is there a 'no gems, bolts, or arrows' version?

Tanka
02-06-2009, 05:49 PM
is there a 'no gems, bolts, or arrows' version?
Get a Large Gem Bag and a good Quiver and turn on auto-gather.

Ganak
02-06-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm pretty lazy and I approve this, provided it doesnt take any effort on my part...

Phax
02-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Are there any plans to allow the "Loot All" button to be customizeable to a key on the keyboard? Would really make or break its function for me...

It's a button on the chest UI right below the list of items, it does not currently have a keybinding, but that's not a bad idea.

kaidendager
02-06-2009, 05:54 PM
It's a button on the chest UI right below the list of items, it does not currently have a keybinding, but that's not a bad idea.

I look forward to the keybinding should it occur. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't use a mouse to play DDO hence my concern. Still a good day for announcements. Thank you for the quick reply Phax and thank you for all the previews Tolero.

SableShadow
02-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Edit of Edit: Actually, I've thought about it a little more and so long as it stays a button on the chest window rather than migrating into a user setting somewhere, good change! :)

Edit: If you really want to give me a l00t-gasm, give me the option to lock a backpack slot so all the gear that's currently in the slot returns to it when I unequip it.

cdbd3rd
02-06-2009, 05:58 PM

Thanks A_D, ya saved me a few seconds of typing.

Love the Loot button idea, would like to see the Release button as well. :)

(and then would wait for all the "I clicked the wrong button!" drama. :D

Angelus_dead
02-06-2009, 06:04 PM
(and then would wait for all the "I clicked the wrong button!" drama. :D
Yes, I just made a fast suggestion. To make it a little safer, you'd be able to disable that button in your preferences, and when you used it there would either be a separate Confirm button in another position, or a 5-20 second delay for you to return to the chest before it applies.

SqtYork
02-06-2009, 06:05 PM
nice thanks

BLAKROC
02-06-2009, 06:06 PM
good change:)

Deathseeker
02-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Faster looting? Just what every one of us in the looting business strive for. Trimming a loot run down from 90 seconds to 80 means a big boost in net profits. I love anything that adds looting efficiency!

Nice one!

Junts
02-06-2009, 06:12 PM

Only tangentially related (by the word all); delete all for confirmed mail, Please!!

all 3 of these are very cool

Hafeal
02-06-2009, 06:18 PM
LOL, well, it's functional. Of course, with backpack's being so haphazardly arranged by the placement of items in and out I can see many a player looting items and finding them later and saying, "Geez where did that come from?" because they hit loot all and did not look at what came out of the chest to at least remember to go and sell.

Better sorting and organizational tools for our backpacks would be a nice addition to "loot all". :o

SableShadow
02-06-2009, 06:24 PM
Better sorting and organizational tools for our backpacks would be a nice addition to "loot all". :o

Please, with extra sugar on top. :D

Giantsbane
02-06-2009, 06:50 PM
LOL, well, it's functional. Of course, with backpack's being so haphazardly arranged by the placement of items in and out I can see many a player looting items and finding them later and saying, "Geez where did that come from?" because they hit loot all and did not look at what came out of the chest to at least remember to go and sell.

Heck, I do that now. It seems to happen most often in the wee hours of the morning, which is also about the same time that the pyramid of empties topples over. :rolleyes:

I like the loot all button. I also like the idea of locking backpack slots, so things stay where I put them.

health001
02-06-2009, 06:54 PM
This is gona cause massive lag i just know it O_o great idea tho

Memnir
02-06-2009, 07:51 PM
I've been asking for this since Beta.
About time. :D

Mellifera
02-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Nice

Tolero
02-06-2009, 08:38 PM

Only if we make you do a thumbprint verification and recite the alphabet backwards first! Just kidding... but having a one-click "give all my stuff to someone else" button is a very sensitive subject, and would have to have some SERIOUS confirmations happening.

My husband ran Valak's and received the rose diamond from Dead Girl. He was like 'boo I hate you rose diamond" and dragged it out to destroy it. Confirmation box came up "Would you like to destroy the Dragonshard?" ... yes, I want to destroy the stupid rose diamond. Wasn't until after it destroyed his dragonshard that he realized he should have read the confirmation box :X (I never let him live that one down heh)

I've seen players delete their characters even though we make you type your character's name in the box :eek: so it's things for us to take into consideration with something like that

lastprophet
02-06-2009, 08:52 PM
You have just admitted the rose diamond is a stupid stupid end reward for what is a pretty hard quest for its level! please change this immediately :)

Only if we make you do a thumbprint verification and recite the alphabet backwards first! Just kidding... but having a one-click "give all my stuff to someone else" button is a very sensitive subject, and would have to have some SERIOUS confirmations happening.

My husband ran Valak's and received the rose diamond from Dead Girl. He was like 'boo I hate you rose diamond" and dragged it out to destroy it. Confirmation box came up "Would you like to destroy the Dragonshard?" ... yes, I want to destroy the stupid rose diamond. Wasn't until after it destroyed his dragonshard that he realized he should have read the confirmation box :X (I never let him live that one down heh)

I've seen players delete their characters even though we make you type your character's name in the box :eek: so it's things for us to take into consideration with something like that

Rydlic
02-06-2009, 11:11 PM

I have done the add all.. Repair all.. only to register that I hit the SELL ALL.. that stunk. this was before buy back but after lock down, so only lost what was not locked.

icculus
02-07-2009, 12:15 AM
I've seen players delete their characters even though we make you type your character's name in the box :eek:

Heal unfortunately can only cure Feeblemind, not stupidity; that said, I am not sure we should be basing game design decisions around the idiotic stupidity displayed by some :rolleyes:

How about we take a lesson in what NOT to do from the Education system and program for the smart people for a change?

LA_MIKE
02-07-2009, 12:32 AM

flash145
02-07-2009, 12:49 AM
Not sure if asked BUT, how will LOOT ALL be effected by backspace. Like potions, if you gain it after backpack is full, like from jester, it gives you a warning but holds that 1 item off in nowhere till you clear backpack of one slot.

I see the potential of not 1 but maybe many items this could effect depending on how close attention someone pays to thier inventory. ATM since you click 1 at a time, you can't over loot even by 1 item. Loot all could end w/ 3 or 5 items not going into your backpack.

Hate to see people loosing item like tomes or vorpals or OMG a WoP because it poofed from lack of space.

Wizzly_Bear
02-07-2009, 12:54 AM
better faster looting? yes please. i hope it pans out.

Milamber69
02-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Tired of having to place each item from the treasure chest into your bag? You will be able to use the "Loot All" button to automatically have all the items in the chest that dropped for you placed right in your inventory with a single click! Items that bind will still ask for a confirmation prior to ending up in your inventory.

Sweet, bring on the easy button

GeneralDiomedes
02-07-2009, 01:26 AM
keep the LOTRO features coming ;)

Tolero
02-07-2009, 01:37 AM
You have just admitted the rose diamond is a stupid stupid end reward for what is a pretty hard quest for its level! please change this immediately :)

At the time of his momentary lapse of reason, it was back before we got the gem bags, auto-gather, and sell gems button heh. He and the rose diamond get along much better these days.

Besides... Dead Girl is a sneaky lady! That book is pure evil, and of course evil characters can't be trusted.

Desteria
02-07-2009, 01:41 AM
Swete lord above, I LOVE it, and my mouse loves you to.

Thailand_Dan
02-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Like the idea. Someone touched on this, regarding a release all button. Off to the side of each item, a "release" button would be cool. Many people often leave components, arrows, gems, etc., in the chest others want. But, most people (including myself) won't take the time to reassign all these. Maybe you don't want to release everything, but just individuallly release certain things, ie. +5 tools, components, scrolls.

At the end of the day, having JUST a loot all button is better than nothing. Just some ideas to think about.

sirgog
02-07-2009, 03:49 AM
Here's how I'd handle "release all":

Have an option in some UI menus that by default is set to "Never Allow", but that has three settings:

Release All:
Never Allow: "You cannot use the release all feature"
Confirm: "You can use the release all feature. When you do, all scrolls, gems, gold, dragonshard fragments and arrows will be auto-released, and all other items will only be released if you click a confirmation box (which will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen)"
Always Allow: "You can use the release all feature. When you do, all items in the chest can be taken by anyone. Turbine will not replace items accidentally transferred with this feature."

That way, it's the best of both worlds - those who want speed only need to ever make one change to their settings & they have speed (without security against accidents). Those who want security against accidents have a setting for them too. (Personally I'd use Confirm).

Griphon
02-07-2009, 08:04 AM
I can see it now..

"Back in the OLD days.. We had to double click on EACH piece of loot we wanted!"

Which should be accompanied by "while walking both ways uphill in snow up to our chests.. In the middle of summer!"

vainangel
02-07-2009, 08:27 AM
Edit: If you really want to give me a l00t-gasm, give me the option to lock a backpack slot so all the gear that's currently in the slot returns to it when I unequip it.

I am with that!

Gornin
02-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Meh. Not a big deal personally, but again, options are good.

Do'Urden
02-07-2009, 09:17 AM
Nice. May I suggest as a next step the *Haggle All* button which sends all chest loot automatically to my Haggle bard and sells it for the highest price at the appropriate vendor?

:cool:

DragonKiller
02-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Does this mean I can get more back pack space?

/loot wh**e on

eyepuppy
02-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Wow. Something I suggested is actually going to be put in the game.

Nice work turbine. This is going to make looting things faster!

Grenfell
02-07-2009, 10:28 AM
I would MUCH rather have a "Delete All" button on the mail.

/gren

Hambo
02-07-2009, 12:05 PM
Not sure if asked BUT, how will LOOT ALL be effected by backspace. Like potions, if you gain it after backpack is full, like from jester, it gives you a warning but holds that 1 item off in nowhere till you clear backpack of one slot.

I see the potential of not 1 but maybe many items this could effect depending on how close attention someone pays to thier inventory. ATM since you click 1 at a time, you can't over loot even by 1 item. Loot all could end w/ 3 or 5 items not going into your backpack.

Hate to see people loosing item like tomes or vorpals or OMG a WoP because it poofed from lack of space.

I would hope for a message stating "Unable to store item" or something similar in that case.

WestiesMA
02-07-2009, 12:08 PM
This is nice - but please make sure the "Loot All" does not apply to bound loot.

Tanka
02-07-2009, 12:09 PM
This is nice - but please make sure the "Loot All" does not apply to bound loot.

Items that bind will still ask for a confirmation prior to ending up in your inventory.
Done.

WestiesMA
02-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Done.

Ah - that is what I get for not reading the entire thread! Thanks!

SableShadow
02-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Done.

Actually, I've thought about it and I think you're right. So long as it's a chest button rather than a user setting, shouldn't be any problems.

Drwaz99
02-07-2009, 12:44 PM

I 5th or 6th this idea, I like this more than the Tolero''s announcement, but don't get me wrong Tolero's is nice too!

Ralmeth
02-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Thank you! Every time I open a chest I wish I had this button.

Mockduck
02-07-2009, 02:33 PM
I predict my ranger will be carrying far more cleric spell components in the future...

...but I like this!

Praut_Ektor
02-07-2009, 06:03 PM

Hey now, you said you'd never tell!

:-p

sephiroth1084
02-07-2009, 06:13 PM
This is a nifty idea.

I would definitely like a panelt added under gameplay with some customization options for this feature, as others have suggested, such as an option to always leave stackable items with a separate checkbox for each of the item types (scrolls, pots, gems, arrows, bolts, throwing weapons, wands).

On the issue of a release all button, I don't like it. Just seems like it'd either lead to far too many "Oops! Oh S***!!!!" situations, or would have too many confirmation boxes for it to be worthwhile.

That said, I would like a release option added to the drop-down menu for each item in addition to the ability to assign a particular item to a particular player. That is, instead of moving a potion to player 2 in your group, who may not even desire the potion, you may click Release on that same dropdown menu to make it available to all party members. This avoids most of the real issues with a release all button.

Anastasios
02-08-2009, 08:38 PM
I don't think that this is all very important to the mechanics of the game...a nice little feature, but somewhat of a useless development imho...

Now if you could make it a bit more easier to go around selling the loot you pulled at a higher price by placing all vendors who could resell the loot in a central location, then I would be impressed...heck I'd even be impressed if you actually got rid of some of the BS vendors out there...but that's a different topic I'm sure.

Making a chest easier to loot isn't that great...I would hate to think I would waste that much extra time picking what I take out of a chest versus finding the **** in my inventory and selling or deleting it among the clutter of other things. You would waste more time on the latter imho...

Sirea
02-09-2009, 10:47 AM
I can see it now..

"Back in the OLD days.. We had to double click on EACH piece of loot we wanted!"

Which should be accompanied by "while walking both ways uphill in snow up to our chests.. In the middle of summer!"

You forgot: "Ya dern spoiled whippersnappers, NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!" :mad: :D

But ya, nice feature :)

Rekker
02-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Good idea...any chance to get the drop down list size increase when transfering items in a chest to another member of the party while your at it ???

lignum
02-09-2009, 10:54 AM
less clicking is BeTTeR!!

I_Bob
02-09-2009, 11:13 AM

This would be great. I like the button as well. I'd really like a quest or something to add a bank slot or two...

LordDamax
02-09-2009, 12:18 PM
I need to second the 'release all' button. And it shouldnt need a confirmation either, that'd lower the usefulness of it.

If we're gonna go crazy about coonfirming thing, how about a confirmation on the reassignment of loot? I've lost TWO tumbleweeds that way.

But I'd love a release all button.

UnderwearModel
02-09-2009, 12:29 PM
As long as I can still click slowly through if I so choose. Sometimes my inventory gets full and I need to pick and choose.

query
02-12-2009, 03:17 AM
What happens if you run out of space when in the midst of a "loot all"ing?

I'd hate for items to be lost or incorrectly assigned...or others using the "overflow" as an exploit.

Thoon
02-12-2009, 05:54 AM
What happens if you run out of space when in the midst of a "loot all"ing?

I'd hate for items to be lost or incorrectly assigned...or others using the "overflow" as an exploit.

If you have no space in your inventory then the loot that doesn't fit, say anything that isn't coins or doesn't go into a bag that isn't full, stays in the chest. Once you clear up the inventory space issue you can remove the items manually, or use the Loot All button again.

ShadowDog
02-12-2009, 06:15 AM
Tired of having to place each item from the treasure chest into your bag? You will be able to use the "Loot All" button to automatically have all the items in the chest that dropped for you placed right in your inventory with a single click! Items that bind will still ask for a confirmation prior to ending up in your inventory.

I like this ... when will we see it ?

ArkoHighStar
02-12-2009, 10:53 AM
I like this ... when will we see it ?

umm mod 9

akla_thornfist
02-12-2009, 10:57 AM
ya im all for this hopefully we see it in mod 9 yay turbine

Phax
02-12-2009, 01:02 PM
The Loot All button will have a keybinding. It'll default to the 'B' key and will loot all items in the chest if pressed while the UI is open.

Borror0
02-12-2009, 01:11 PM
The Loot All button will have a keybinding. It'll default to the 'B' key and will loot all items in the chest if pressed while the UI is open.
Wow. That is the apotheosis of laziness! :eek:

Love it.

Wizzly_Bear
02-12-2009, 01:14 PM
lame. we finally pull that uber item, go to brag on voice about it, and bing! its looted without any letting it savor in the chest for all to drool over :D

Wizzly_Bear
02-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Wow. That is the apotheosis of laziness! :eek:

Love it.
nah, we still have to click on the chest :mad:

Borror0
02-12-2009, 01:17 PM
lame. we finally pull that uber item, go to brag on voice about it, and bing! its looted without any letting it savor in the chest for all to drool over :D
Others can still drool over it by clicking the link in the chat window, and you know they will.

Humans are weak.

ArkoHighStar
02-12-2009, 01:19 PM

hmm b button I smell xbox 360 support, discuss and digest

Ustice
02-12-2009, 01:25 PM
I have something bound to B. Will this change my binding?

Ustice
02-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Could we also change the binding to pick up all items within range? (keys/collectibles/etc) THAT would be REALLY useful.

(and it would be especially useful to console users should we get XBox360/PS3 support)

Alavatar
02-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Will Bind on Acquire items be automatically looted or will they still have a confirmation?

Edit: Reading comprehension FTW. My question is answered in the OP.

ArkoHighStar
02-12-2009, 01:38 PM
I have something bound to B. Will this change my binding?

same here I have push to talk bound here, will the binding be selectable so I can keep my setup the same and assign loot all to another button

Asherons_Chosen
02-12-2009, 01:41 PM
good. implement!

Phax
02-12-2009, 01:53 PM
same here I have push to talk bound here, will the binding be selectable so I can keep my setup the same and assign loot all to another button

Ya it'll be listed right under "Hide UI" in the keymappings and you can rebind it. It shouldn't overwrite any bindings you currently have.

ArkoHighStar
02-12-2009, 01:54 PM
Ya it'll be listed right under "Hide UI" in the keymappings and you can rebind it. It shouldn't overwrite any bindings you currently have.

cool thanks

SanePsycho
02-12-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm very thankful to finally have a "Loot All" button for chests; I wonder why it only took a few years, but am grateful nonetheless :)

On the topic of improvements, as others have already mentioned, inventory organization can be an nightmare. I'd like see a system where I can assign inventory tabs the auto-gather feature for specific types of items. For example, I could assign tab 3 to auto-gather wands and scrolls, so when I pick one up, or swap from a wand to a weapon, it gets placed in that tab (if possible). I could assign other tabs to auto-gather my weapons, jewelry, clothing, armor, potions, spell material components, or various other items I tote around.

Just a thought.

ahpook
02-12-2009, 04:22 PM

Boo. I want the chest to automatically loot for me when ever I run within 5 feet of an unlocked chest.

The 'B' key should take the loot, sell off what I don't need and use the proceeds to buy the best bargains off of the auction house.

Wow. That is the apotheosis of laziness!

As you can see, you were wrong. :)

GlassCannon
02-18-2009, 05:51 PM

I will still outpace you looters with my Ninja skills!

Race you to the chest!

ShadowDog
02-20-2009, 06:18 PM
umm mod 9

:) Sorry I musta missed that in the OP ... lemme re-read it ... or is that an assumption ?

Originally Posted by Tolero http://images.ddoforum.turbine.com/images/buttons/blue/viewpost.gif (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=2042694#post2042694)

Medic11
03-09-2009, 11:06 PM

Now this is a great idea. Alot of times you get to a chest after most of the party has already looted and there is tons of stuff in there that they have left because they either a. don't want them or b. don't have the room for them. I know Kevarious my haggle-bard would love to take everyones unwanted loot and make some gold off it and my Wizzy and assassin who usually don't have the room would love to release it to whoever wants it. Again, great idea.

suitepotato
03-11-2009, 03:18 PM
What comes out of chests can go in. For the future, it would be nice if we could dump items in there. We loot all and get something we really didn't want and would rather give the rogue, we should be able to put it back and designate who it is for.

For the further future, we should have the ability to put in surprises for monsters in mid-quest chests like healing pots to nail curious undead and so forth.

Make that kind of thing a part of getting through a quest, putting the right things in the right chests, exchange the right items elsewhere, and we'd have a really versatile mechanism.