PDA

View Full Version : Can someone confirm this re Mineral II?

Cedrica-the-Bard
01-31-2009, 08:42 AM
So I have my weapon with holy from Altar 1 and Acid Burst from Altar 2, so it is:

Positive -> Earth

I am ready to make it Mineral II at the final altar.

If I want the AC 4 Insight bonus, do I have to make both Shards the AC 4 Insight bonus with one being Positive and the other being Earth? Or can I make the Positive Shard anything at all?

In other words, do the Shards need to be:

1. Earth/Opposition/Ethereal AND
2. Positive/Opposition/Ethereal

OR can I make (for example):

1. Earth/Opposition/Ethereal AND
2. Positive/Escalation/Material

and still get the Mineral II?

I'm just wondering if I can pick any Positive Shard at all to be most efficient on the ingeredients I actually have. But if they both have to be the same outside of the Focus, I need to know so I don't screw it up...

Desteria
01-31-2009, 08:50 AM
the 2 shards WILL NOT combine to form a mineral shard unless they are identical EXCEPT for the elment/energy IE pos and earth, so yes they must both be +4 ac ones you can NOT try and ues less scales/stones by makign somethign else on the positive shard.

Cedrica-the-Bard
01-31-2009, 08:58 AM
the 2 shards WILL NOT combine to form a mineral shard unless they are identical EXCEPT for the elment/energy IE pos and earth, so yes they must both be +4 ac ones you can NOT try and ues less scales/stones by makign somethign else on the positive shard.

Thank you very much, I was way too close to screwing that up after spending far too long acquiring 24 larges! Phew!

tihocan
02-02-2009, 09:11 AM
There's only one possible recipe for what you want to get. It is here (http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?forced=mineral_1_&altar=3&weapon=greataxe&item=item&craft=1&effects=holy,__acid,mineral2_weap_,heightened_awar eness_4).