PDA

View Full Version : Mean Time To Tier III?

cforce
01-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything easily with search.

I'm a relative Shroud noob due to an extended break from the game mid-2008. What would folks estimate is the number of Shroud runs necessary to collect necessary ingredients for a Tier III item, on average? 10? 50? 300?

wamjratl1
01-21-2009, 02:55 PM
In my experience, it's about 4,637.

elraido
01-21-2009, 02:57 PM
To get the exact ones you want, over 20. You will need to trade items to get everything you need.

Emili
01-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find anything easily with search.

I'm a relative Shroud noob due to an extended break from the game mid-2008. What would folks estimate is the number of Shroud runs necessary to collect necessary ingredients for a Tier III item, on average? 10? 50? 300?

Probably about 10 for a first single shard tier III item maybe less? All depends on shards drops, ingredient drops and what you want to craft... My first a min II (dual shard) took maybe 'bout 15? but that's twice the larges and my terrible luck with loot... I was pressed for a superior shard and had well over the larges I needed... I was lending out large scales in the interum.

Strykersz
01-21-2009, 03:01 PM

Around 20/dual shard tier 3. ~1.5 larges/run, 24 larges required. However, because certain ingredients are required more frequently than others, it's closer to 20 than 16.

Draccus
01-21-2009, 03:03 PM
To get the exact ones you want, over 20. You will need to trade items to get everything you need.

That's the key. I built my dual shard item after 8 runs. I had all the mediums I needed from those runs. I was short a good number of smalls but was able to get those from guildmates or trades. I looted 2 large scales on my first 3 runs. I traded for 2 of the 6 large scales I needed and then paid 600k plat for the final two.

I'm now up to 13 or so Shroud runs and haven't pulled another large scale. I can't even estimate how long it would take to build a dual shard item without trading.

One important thing to remember that helps prevent frustration is that ANY ingredients you pull will help. Even if you have 5 large chains, pulling two more may allow you a 1-1 trade with someone for the shrapnel or bones you DO need. I found it very easy to trade similarly sized ingredients for what I wanted (with the exception of scales, of course).

Korvek
01-21-2009, 03:05 PM

It took 15 runs of Shroud to gather all the ingredients needed for my first tier III dual-shard item. However, I also swapped a few ingredients with other people to make sure I had the ones I needed.