PDA

View Full Version : Need verification if the crafting planner is wrong.

Disavowed
12-02-2008, 10:12 PM
So I was set to make a pair of radiance guard gloves today so that every time I was hit my enemy would have a chance to be blinded and take 1d4 light damage. While we were in the Shroud I was telling a buddy what I was going to craft and he said that the blindness will only work on weapons when you attack. He stated that the blindness effect won't work as a guard, only an attack. One other person confirmed this as well, but nobody else could.

While we we're running Shroud and talking about it I pulled up the crafting planner and did it again. I listed gloves went straight to radience which was available then went SP the rest of the way except for minor good guard as the last one when working backwards. The planner gives a recipe to craft it.

So my question is, is this a bad recipe and will my enemies not have a chance get blinded when they hit me if I craft this as gloves?

Aranticus
12-02-2008, 10:22 PM
So I was set to make a pair of radiance guard gloves today so that every time I was hit my enemy would have a chance to be blinded and take 1d4 light damage. While we were in the Shroud I was telling a buddy what I was going to craft and he said that the blindness will only work on weapons when you attack. He stated that the blindness effect won't work as a guard, only an attack. One other person confirmed this as well, but nobody else could.

While we we're running Shroud and talking about it I pulled up the crafting planner and did it again. I listed gloves went straight to radience which was available then went SP the rest of the way except for minor good guard as the last one when working backwards. The planner gives a recipe to craft it.

So my question is, is this a bad recipe and will my enemies not have a chance get blinded when they hit me if I craft this as gloves?

the radiance description does read "blindness on crit". this has set many people wondering if you can critically damage a mob that hits you :D

Disavowed
12-02-2008, 10:29 PM
It says "when you are hit in melee, occasionally hits your enemies with 4d6 light damage and blinds them".

tihocan
12-03-2008, 08:35 AM
It says "when you are hit in melee, occasionally hits your enemies with 4d6 light damage and blinds them".
Yes, that's what my planner says.

I can't remember where I got the radiance guard info. I definitely didn't make it up, but it was also definitely third-party info.
It'd be surprising for it to be wrong at that point though, since I think some people crafted such items and nobody said it was not working as expected.
Also, I know a guildie got radiance guard on his dragontouched armor, and it would be weird for it to be different.

Anyway, I would be happy to see it confirmed as well :)

Stamp3de
12-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Yes radiance gaurd does cause random blindness along with dmg. I get hit with it when I attack meatwad even when he's blocking.