PDA

View Full Version : earth or water II worth it?

Thorboar
12-01-2008, 11:54 AM
I have a pair of kophesh's that were my first crafting weapons from way back (didnt know what was doing at the time), which are tier I and II acid and water. My question is...is it worth making the acid II or Water II? How often do you get the earth grab or crushing wave?

My primary kophesh is a mineral II and I plan to use the water or acid on my second hand.

Junts
12-01-2008, 11:59 AM
earthgrab guard procs a ton and its really outstanding - crushing wave is eh

i would definitely use your earthgrab offhand, you will be really happy with the results

Lehrman
12-01-2008, 12:01 PM
I like my water rapier. It hits about 3-5% of the time. Crushing wave is 120 pts bludgeon 120pts cold (total 240 per effect). The damage is 30 cold/30 bludgeon per second for 4 seconds (cold and bludgeon hit about 0.5 seconds apart) Its nice on fire elementals, but does poor damage on cold immune/resistant mobs. The rapier I crafted was frost, frost burst, insight AC. I have a frost kama on my monk thats frost, 1wisdom, insight AC...the extra ac from wisdom was not worth the loss of 1d6+burst.

vyvy3369
12-01-2008, 12:09 PM
I like my water rapier. It hits about 3-5% of the time. Crushing wave is 120 pts bludgeon 120pts cold (total 240 per effect). The damage is 30 cold/30 bludgeon per second for 4 seconds (cold and bludgeon hit about 0.5 seconds apart)...
As with most things, it depends on what he plans on fighting though. Compared to the same 5% chance of auto-crits vs non-red/purple enemies, 240 damage is almost nothing (plus they can't act for the duration of the grab). However, Earthgrab doesn't do anything to red & purple named enemies, so vs. them the 240 is significantly better. Unless you have a strong attachment to either though, it's probably better to just make a new one with whatever you actually want.

Onesikpup
12-01-2008, 12:14 PM
I typically carry mineral II and Earth II on my khopesh swinger. Its nice, but it doesnt cover every mob. If i were you, id make plans to do both. Diversity in destruction.

Thorboar
12-01-2008, 12:22 PM
I usually use my mineral II and +4 transmuting kophesh of maiming against red/purp names that require transmuters (reaver, harry, etc....)

But I would like to use the water and/or acid for normal mods for high DPS. Leaning toward the earth since we have a lot new stuff immune to ice. Also, I like the earth grab for the auto crit....and then later upgrade water.