PDA

View Full Version : 120 Draconic Runes for a Sovereign Rune

Capn
11-11-2008, 04:54 PM
I just purchased a sovereign rune from Vorace in the Refuge and when I bought it, it let me pick from a bunch of different sovereign runes. I was wondering if anyone knew if the runes always come up in the same order. If they are all on the list, and if they always are in the same order, then we should be able to catalog the list and you'll be able to pick whichever ability you want. Just a thought.

I picked the last rune on the list and got Devotion VIII.

Beherit_Baphomar
11-11-2008, 05:00 PM
See?
Now yer gonna get a whole buncha stuff thrown at ya cause ya didnt search the forums for 'Draconic Armour' or 'runes' or 'random' or "*** TURBINE RANDOM CRAFTING?!?!" Or "WHAT IS THIS ******** - RANDOM CRAFTING??!?!"

Just thoguht Id warn ya.

Capn
11-11-2008, 05:05 PM
See?
Now yer gonna get a whole buncha stuff thrown at ya cause ya didnt search the forums for 'Draconic Armour' or 'runes' or 'random' or "*** TURBINE RANDOM CRAFTING?!?!" Or "WHAT IS THIS ******** - RANDOM CRAFTING??!?!"

Just thoguht Id warn ya.

I know that when you put a rune in, you don't really know what you're going to get. I also know that when you get a rune, the fate of that rune (what the rune will do to your armor) has already been decided. However, when you buy a rune, you get to pick from a long list of Sovereign runes. Maybe the order of those runes isn't random? If thats the case, then you could buy a rune and pick the last one on the list and get Devotion VIII every time. Just a thought.

Kintro
11-11-2008, 05:21 PM
I just purchased a sovereign rune from Vorace in the Refuge and when I bought it, it let me pick from a bunch of different sovereign runes. I was wondering if anyone knew if the runes always come up in the same order. If they are all on the list, and if they always are in the same order, then we should be able to catalog the list and you'll be able to pick whichever ability you want. Just a thought.

I picked the last rune on the list and got Devotion VIII.

How many different runes were you offered?

There are 28 different sovereign upgrades according to one of the guides on this forum.

Capn
11-11-2008, 05:30 PM
How many different runes were you offered?

There are 28 different sovereign upgrades according to one of the guides on this forum.

I didn't count them (didn't think of it until after I'd purchased my rune). Knowing how many runes are offered would help verify whether or not 'buying the rune you want' is a viable option or not. I'll be able to check in a couple days after I run Sorjek again.

Aesop
11-11-2008, 05:35 PM
It would be nice if they at least Broke them down into Categories....

I'm not sure of what those categories would be but it would still be nice

Aesop

Hence
11-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Well... It may be categorized.... there are only 10 on the list though. And someone else had pulled the very last one and got: Potency VIII.

Thread Here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1914644&highlight=draconic+rune+turn#post1914644)

So we know so far, the last rune from the 10 on the list has been Potency/Devotion 8.
If we could get a bigger sample size, we may get somewhere with this.

Capn
11-11-2008, 05:57 PM
Well... It may be categorized.... there are only 10 on the list though. And someone else had pulled the very last one and got: Potency VIII.

Thread Here (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1914644&highlight=draconic+rune+turn#post1914644)

So we know so far, the last rune from the 10 on the list has been Potency/Devotion 8.
If we could get a bigger sample size, we may get somewhere with this.

Thanks for the link! I'd looked for a while and didn't see anything discussing my theory. So we know that not all the options will be in every list. There still may (or may not) be an order to them, so it would be nice to have a larger sample size for sure.

Auran82
11-11-2008, 06:06 PM
There was a thread where someone was testing this with the lowest level runes and they found that the same position didn't always give the same result.

manfredshw
11-12-2008, 01:57 AM
There was a thread where someone was testing this with the lowest level runes and they found that the same position didn't always give the same result.

yes, indeed. for example, I used my 40runes to trade a el rune for two times.
I chose the last second one, first time is 30fire res, second time is the other effect, my friend chose the same position rune, he got 30cold resis.

As far as I know, this list is also a kind of randomness.
It's just like the other quest end-reward system, you don't know what ten runes the system picked up for you for everytime you trade with 40runes.

But I am hoping that there is any clue that we can predict the effect.
Such as in that list, No1-4 is always random for sth, no. 5-X is always for rest.

But it is really hard to define.

Capn
11-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Maybe it still works such that there is always an order to them. For example, lets say the order is:

Greater Fire Resist
Greater Acid Resist
Greater Cold Resist
Greater Sonic Resist
Greater Lightning Resist
Striding 20%
Striding 25%
+3 Str skills
+3 Dex skills
etc... down to the last thing on the list.

Now we know that not all of them will be on the list, but if they are still put into an order, you'd be able to guess and pick one that's in that general area. If you were using my order up above, and you wanted Greater Cold Resist, you'd have to pick one near the top of the list. It might not be the 3rd one on you list (if Greater Fire Resist isn't on your list, it could be 2nd for example) but you'd know that, if it's there, it will be near the top of the list, not the bottom. Of course if the order of those runes is completely random, then its a pure gamble each time. Just a thought.

Omega2K
11-12-2008, 08:28 PM
I bought a Sovereign Rune for 120 Draconic Runes and selected the bottom one on the list and received Potency VIII...

I did it again to satisfy my curiosity, selecting the bottom one on the list again, and received Radiance Guard.

I concluded, as others have said here on the forums, that the Runes are random on the Selection List when you buy them. Sorry.

I'll still pick mine off the bottom of the list in the future anyway. ;)