PDA

View Full Version : Greensteel raw ingredient questions

Draccus
11-05-2008, 07:55 AM
A few quick questions on greensteel ingredients:

- Can all raw ingredients be pulled from Vale of Twilight chests or do some only come from chests within the five quests? I've been looting Vale chests for a few days and have only pulled Petals and Husks. Can I get the others or do I have to brave the dungeons?

- Is it typical to get one raw ingredient in the final chest of a quest or can they be pulled from any chest in the quest?

- Do most people buy raw ingredients from the AH or loot them themselves? I need 2 pebbles and 2 funk to make my first greensteel weapon but it looks like those four raws would cost me about 800,000 gold. Ouch. However, since I've never pulled either of those, I'm guessing it's not just a simple matter of running 4 Vale quests to get them.

On the other hand, I've never run the Shroud so I'm a long way off from being able to craft my weapon. There's really no need to rush to get the last 4 raws when I haven't even started collecting ingredients for upgrades.

frederjoe1
11-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Your best bet is to run the Vale quest to get things like the twigs, fungus, and pebbles. On another note you need to run those quests anyhow to get the Stones to combine for your signet whcih you need to craft your greensteel item.

Usually you will only get a raw ingredient in the final chest of the quest.

If you have enough gold you can buy the ingredients, but it is much easier to just run the quests, most of those quests folks have down to a science now and running them may take anywhere from 10 min to 20 min depending on the quest.

Just as an afterthought for ya. There are a few of us that run those quests just for the enjoyment and we have alot of extra raw ingredients, if you are on Argo and need any specific ingredients look me up on either Levair or Lashan in the evenings.

Anyhow hope this helps and good luck.

EDIT: sorry just saw your sig and realized you were on Ghallanda. unfortunately I don't have anyone there. best of luck anyhow.

shane1122
11-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Can all raw ingredients be pulled from Vale of Twilight chests or do some only come from chests within the five quests? I've been looting Vale chests for a few days and have only pulled Petals and Husks. Can I get the others or do I have to brave the dungeons?

Here is where they drop,
Vale rares: Husk/Petals
Sleeping Dust: Husk/Funk
Ritual Sacrifice: Petals/Fungi
Rainbow: Pebble/Twig
Running w/Devil: Pebble/Fungi
Coalescent: Funk/Twig

You will also need to create a Signet Stone to craft. This is created by combining the five stones (Might, Battle, Strategy, Foresight,Victory) from the Vale quests (i.e. dungeons). You must create a Signet Stone for every greensteel item you make.

Is it typical to get one raw ingredient in the final chest of a quest or can they be pulled from any chest in the quest?

One per end chest in quests. Possibility of one Petal or Husk from any Vale rare.

Do most people buy raw ingredients from the AH or loot them themselves? I need 2 pebbles and 2 funk to make my first greensteel weapon but it looks like those four raws would cost me about 800,000 gold. Ouch. However, since I've never pulled either of those, I'm guessing it's not just a simple matter of running 4 Vale quests to get them.

Really depends how wealthy the character is vs. time available to run the quests.

It takes 12 ingredients to build a greensteel item, so just running all five quests once will not get you there. Many recipes also call for a Md or Lg Horn, and those can only be pulled within the Shroud Raid itself.

-Shane

tihocan
11-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Run Rainbow for pebbles. If you get twigs instead, trade them for pebbles (1 twig is worth 3-4 pebbles).
Run Sleeping Dust for funks (coalescence chamber if you're comfortable with it). You can also trade your extra twigs for funks (I'd say 1 twig = about 2 funks).