PDA

View Full Version : radiance and enervation guard

MAP1974
10-22-2008, 07:12 AM
can anyone advise what the percentage is that either of these guards trigger? i have seen 1-2% and up to 5% mentioned.

this item is intended as the second guard item to a spellsinging bard (already possess air). thoughts on either of these items as a choice? please note i am also chasing the hit point bonuses these two offer - my bard being a little bit squishy.

it may well be that i wait for the new mod to see what mobs appear, before deciding.

sundering ooze guard is the only other real attraction, but in time i imagine the HD of the ooze summoned will make them somewhat useless, while the sp gained from the trigger on concordant opposition seems too small to be an attractive option. other guards that offer up damage don't interest me.

Roman
10-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Radiance guard procs every 5 hits or so. Not sure about Enervation guard, but it should be about the same.

BlackSteel
10-26-2008, 10:07 PM
ooze gaurd is actually very entertaining

the sundering effect is 20-30% every time you're hit, and it stacks with sunder and destruction

the ooze is only 1-2% but is a blast when it does pop out, they have by far the most hp of any of the summons, capable of killing a whole group of trogs in the shroud by itself (altho an elite devil will whoop it, but theres some players that cant solo an elite devil too), have had the ooze hold aggro till death in Vod for up to 30s to a minute w/o heals; and they do a fine job of tanking the reaver as well (altho can be very very annoying when the ooze gets enchanted with fly and not a player)

SableShadow
10-26-2008, 10:09 PM
(altho can be very very annoying when the ooze gets enchanted with fly and not a player)

Now, flying ooze is just...disturbing.

MrCow
10-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Now, flying ooze is just...disturbing.

Hardly, we already have them and they are called Living Spells. :D

SableShadow
10-26-2008, 10:13 PM
Hardly, we already have them and they are called Living Spells. :D

Well...they just kinda hover. Something that could gain altitude, now, and drop from above...