PDA

View Full Version : Risia Update information

Ustice
09-19-2008, 10:08 AM
Tolero was kind enough to give me some information on the update that is scheduled to come to Risia next week. The update will not be a feature-complete version of Mod 8. Instead it will include the New Player Experience and the Hireling mechanics. This was done so that it could be released sooner so that those more risky mechanics could be tested by a larger population, as well as to make sure that the players didn't get side-tracked by the new high-level content. Like previous updates, the high-level content is planned to be made available on Risia closer to the release of Mod 8 for it's own wide-audiance testing.

She also said that Mod 8 is still on track, and barring any unexpected issues creeping up on Risia, is scheduled to be released in mid October.

I'm following up on some other questions and will be posting them to DDO Reports when I find more information.

binnsr
09-19-2008, 11:07 AM
I don't see anything in the DevTracker that corroborates this.. is this from a PM, email, or something that Tolero forgot to put in the DevTracker?

akla_thornfist
09-19-2008, 11:10 AM
so at least another month for new content man that sucks:(

Deathseeker
09-19-2008, 11:17 AM

Wow, hello Mr. Depressing!

I'll instead go with "yay, only a month left until new content"! :p

Look at it this way, that's only 12 more shroud completions (on one toon) until the next MOD!

ArkoHighStar
09-19-2008, 11:35 AM
If you try Risia next week and spend a week out there trying to see how you can use hirelings then it is only 3 weeks, plus it wil be on Risia a week before so really only 2 weeks of the same old same old

ArkoHighStar
09-19-2008, 11:42 AM
Can you ask Tolero if the build will be feature complete in terms of all game mechanics changes, ie any new enhancements feats, gameplay changes etc.

Ustice
09-19-2008, 12:21 PM
This was in a PM conversation.

Ustice
09-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Can you ask Tolero if the build will be feature complete in terms of all game mechanics changes, ie any new enhancements feats, gameplay changes etc.

I did ask about it, and she didn't give any specifics. She said that some will be in there, but that it is still a working build, and there may be things that are not ready that will not be included.

binnsr
09-19-2008, 12:22 PM
This was in a PM conversation.

Thanks.

Ustice
09-19-2008, 12:23 PM

Well, the NPE is new content. It isn't high-level stuff, but it should still be fun.

Gratch
09-19-2008, 12:23 PM
So NPE and pretty snow... does that mean the DX10 engine as well? (since DX10 was also going to be out with the NPE in the summer update).

Or have they hit a DX10 "snag".

So figure:
3/4 Sept: Risia NPE
1/4 Oct: Risia NPE fixes + Mod 8 Gianthold 2
1/2 Oct: Mod 8
3/4 Oct: Actual Mod 8

*crosses fingers*

Speaking of snags... when are we getting snare's and/or other outdoor traps in some more outdoor quests?

Altarboy
09-19-2008, 12:24 PM
Wow, hello Mr. Depressing!

I'll instead go with "yay, only a month left until new content"! :p

Look at it this way, that's only 12 more shroud completions (on one toon) until the next MOD!Followed by 8 more months of waiting for new content.

Ustice
09-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Followed by 8 more months of waiting for new content.

Not true. Mod 9 is scheduled for some time around New Years. That is supposed to have some new PrE's and level 20. Whether or not we are still on that schedule, I don't know at this point, but we haven't heard anything mentioning that it has been delayed. So far there isn't any word of any majorly-risky tech coming for Mod 9, so a shorter development cycle for it is possible. I'm hopeful at least. 4 Levels though would require a lot of content, but I'm sure that Keeper and crew are up to the task.

Deathseeker
09-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Followed by 8 more months of waiting for new content.

I thought the hint on schedule for Mod 9 was around beginning of the year? Was the 8 month comment just typical forum cynicism, or based on something tangible?

akla_thornfist
09-19-2008, 12:49 PM
If you try Risia next week and spend a week out there trying to see how you can use hirelings then it is only 3 weeks, plus it wil be on Risia a week before so really only 2 weeks of the same old same old

i deleted risia

binnsr
09-19-2008, 12:53 PM
i deleted risia

ahhh.. then you can spend a week downloading and patching risia, then a week playing it, then a week complaining about it, then only have 1 week to complain about not having new content..

and when the new content DOES get here, you can start complaining about that even sooner because you burned up all the NPE stuff while it was on Risia.. so it's not new for you any longer :)

Ustice
09-19-2008, 12:55 PM
Risia isn't for everyone. I will be playing it so that I can give a review of it though. I'll try to stay spoiler-free.

ArkoHighStar
09-19-2008, 12:57 PM
i deleted risia

get downloading my friend, get downloading

Deathseeker
09-19-2008, 01:03 PM
I personally hate the Risia update. Not saying its the wrong thing to do, but I dont like it. It always seems that by the time the new content is on the live servers, half of everyone has already run through it a bunch on Risia, found all the named loot, mapped the entire dungeon, and have already developed the "general" strategy to zerg it. Thus, it's hard to find a pug that wants to creep it, even if it's new.

I am not saying I have a better solution for testing, and I'd rather the above than have a bugged mess of a dungeon, so this isnt a suggestion of anything different. Its just a bummer that the new content sometimes seems spoiled before it's even live.

My idea...don't let anyone from Thelanis on Risia...that way my server won't have any spoilers. Let the other servers test it for us. That's my solution, because yes, it's all about ME!

akla_thornfist
09-19-2008, 01:19 PM
ahhh.. then you can spend a week downloading and patching risia, then a week playing it, then a week complaining about it, then only have 1 week to complain about not having new content..

and when the new content DOES get here, you can start complaining about that even sooner because you burned up all the NPE stuff while it was on Risia.. so it's not new for you any longer :)

first off im not a complainer keep your nasty comments to yourself, i said it sucks that we have to wait another month go attack someone else. oh ps / reported

Coldin
09-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Well, I'm out 4 copper pieces...

Dozen_Black_Roses
09-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Well, I'm out 4 copper pieces...

and I'll be on to collect soon bud so better head to the bank! ;)

Borror0
09-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Hopefully they will upload our live characters for Module 8. I don't think my pre-module 5.0 Borror could handle level 18 quests...

vtecfiend99
09-19-2008, 05:08 PM
first off im not a complainer keep your nasty comments to yourself, i said it sucks that we have to wait another month go attack someone else. oh ps / reported

Sir, we can smell our own so I must tell you that you ARE indeed a complainer.

lol, j/k

Dobhailen
09-19-2008, 05:29 PM
Maybe I missed this but can anyone point me to a link to download the Risia Client?

ArkoHighStar
09-19-2008, 06:55 PM
Maybe I missed this but can anyone point me to a link to download the Risia Client?

this is the installer file

http://download.turbine.com/ddo/DDO_Risia_Installer.exe

ArkoHighStar
09-19-2008, 06:57 PM

less talking more downloading:D

Dobhailen
09-19-2008, 07:45 PM
this is the installer file

http://download.turbine.com/ddo/DDO_Risia_Installer.exe

Yeah that the one tried, keep getting "File not found on server" error.

Ustice
09-19-2008, 11:57 PM
Try again with a different browser.

Uska
09-20-2008, 12:21 AM
Try again with a different browser.

Umm tried ie and firefox still says no dice.

Taente
09-20-2008, 12:35 AM

rated F for thin skin

GlassCannon
10-20-2008, 02:50 AM
Quite a hiatus later, I updated to get Risia and check out the content.

It appears that Risia can no longer be downloaded.... :(