PDA

View Full Version : Shroud Rapier

Karranor
08-25-2008, 05:25 PM
OK I am trying to figure this all out and it is much more painful then it should be... anyway.

I want to make;
+5 Green steel Rapier
Holy
Acid Burst
+4 AC (Positive)
+2 Con (Earth)
Aspect of Mineral I
Aspect of Mineral II (Transmuting, Keen etc)

Is this possible? I have been looking at a couple different calculators and some say yes, while others say no. I would hate to oops this as I can not play hardcore and it has taken me some time to collect pieces, still more to go but I think I can finally start making this but need to know for sure if it is going to work.

Thanks for all of your help!

Angelus_dead
08-25-2008, 05:29 PM
+4 AC (Positive)
+2 Con (Earth)
No, you can have only one effect from each tier. That's attempting to have two tier 3 effects.

What you'd do is put +4 AC on both your Earth and Positive surpreme shards.

Lee4416
08-25-2008, 05:32 PM
you are making the mistake i did - i thought you could put 2 tier three effects on...

you have to choose either +4 ac or +2 con...

for example your final shards will be

shard 1 - earth opposition etheral (+4 ac)
shard 2 - positive opposition etheral (dual shard for mineral2 effect)

combine both shards and a power cell to make 'super shard' --- then combine super shard, power cell and rapier to make your final product

i was lucky to have some crafting gurus with me when i attempted to make my rapier, saved me a headache and a few ingred

Cold_Stele
08-25-2008, 05:34 PM
When going dual shard at tier III you only get ONE effect from the dominant aspect - which in the case of Holy/Earth is always Earth.

So you can choose either +2 Con/+4 AC/Acid Blast etc from the Earth effects, that's all.

All the Positive shard gives you is the Mineral II effects, nothing else.

Karranor
08-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks, I was afraid of that. Good to know before I give it a go!

Thanks a ton for clearing this up!