PDA

View Full Version : Help with Tier 3 duel shard crafting plz

Dwithian
07-06-2008, 08:28 AM
I'm looking at making an green steal item with a duel T3 upgrade and was wondering if someone could tell me if this would work. As being a Casual player, I would hate to waste my time & ingredients in finding out it wont work.

Tier 1:
Earth/Escalation/Ethereal

Tier 2:
Poaitive/Opposition/Material

Tier 3
Fire/Opposition/Ethereal
Air/Opposition/Ethereal

I guess my question is; does the duel tier 3 shards need to match each other ( Opp/Eth on both) or match with tier 1 & 2 (T1 Fire / T3 Fire & T2 Air / T3 Air)?

I'm trying to make T3 smoke with stoneskin clickie on my boots for my ranger :)

Aranticus
07-06-2008, 08:36 AM
1st of all, your item will not the dual shard tier 3 properties

for the item to get the tier 3 bonus, it has to have the same properties at tier 2.

looking at your item, you have earth as tier 1 and positive at tier 2. this gives it the mineral aspect. in order for you weapon to have the dual shard properties, your tier 3 dual shard has to be earth and positive

it can be air, fire, air/fire or fire, air, air/fire. the combination of tier 1 n 2 is not important so long as in tier 3, your aspects are similar to 1 and 2

the dual shard has to be the same, ie pom + eom, you cannot combine pem with eom.

Dwithian
07-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the info Aranticus, now I can plan it out better.

sirgog
07-06-2008, 11:51 AM
If you decide to go for Smoke 2 (which I'm not so sure I'd recommend, Blur is pretty easy to get from other sources at endgame), you will still get a defensive clicky on your boots. It'll just be Displacement instead of Stoneskin.

Personally, however, I'd recommend Mineral 2 as the best defensive enhancement that is craftable (Heavy Fort and +5 Protection to AC). Should you go this way, you'll still get the Stoneskin clicky.

Dwithian
07-07-2008, 05:01 AM
Good point Sirgog, blur is easy to get, tho I was looking at having it un-removeable so maybe I should look at other ways to get this. I still would like to keep the stoneskin clicky and the +5 Protection would free up a slot plus get me one more point of AC. Tho, the Heavy Fort would be wasted as I have the helm that gives me that plus toughness feat.

What I'm trying to achieve is a Ranger with survivor-ability without relying on party buffs all the time.

Maybe I need to re-assess what & how I want :)

Could I get a vote or feedback on what you guys rate a better defensive item.

Tier1 Tier2 Tier3 duel
Earth Postive Earth/Postive
WizVI, +1 Wis skills Imp Regen +2 Reflex save
Stoneskin x2 Heavy Fort + +5 Protection

or

Air Fire Fire/Air
WizVI, +1 Cha skills +15hp, +2 Dex skills +2 Reflex save
Displacement x2 Blur 20%

Or if you have a better idea for a similar defensive item, I would love to hear it.

tihocan
07-07-2008, 01:14 PM
I'd say best is this one (http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?item=belt&weapon=weapon&effects=mineral2_it_&groups=plus_20_hp,plus_15_hp,plus_10_hp&altar=3).
I know you have the Minos helm already, but it means you can remove it at some point in the future when you need this extra slot.
IMHO wiz VI is useless on an item you wear permanently (because most of the time you will use the extra SP for your initial buffs), and regen is really not worth it either (especially for a ranger). Your best defense is to have more HPs.
If I were to craft a blur item (which isn't really a great deal considering the cost), I'd make one boosting reflex (http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?item=belt&weapon=weapon&effects=smoke_screen_,exc_res_2_reflex,plus_5_refl ex&groups=plus_1_exc&altar=3). It can free up your resistance item when you don't care about will/fort.