PDA

View Full Version : Very interesting for Clerics and Arcanes

Yaga_Nub
07-02-2008, 09:30 AM
From the patch release notes:

The Lorrik's Champion and Glacial Assault set item bonuses have been changed. They now provide Improved Devotion VIII and Improved Glaciation VIII respectively.

Please notice that is VIII not IIX or whatever they were using.

Shandi
07-02-2008, 09:42 AM
+30% damage on polar ray is crazy :D

also paladins got a nice dps buff against non-evil targets :)

edit: also apiphobes why is Xy'zzy even more terrifying to people who are afraid of bees? I'm not sure I understand this

Zaodon
07-02-2008, 10:37 AM

The Lorrik's Champion and Glacial Assault set item bonuses have been changed. They now provide Improved Devotion VIII and Improved Glaciation VIII respectively.

How To Count In Roman Numerals
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X

InfidelofHaLL
07-02-2008, 10:39 AM
+30% damage on polar ray is crazy :D

also paladins got a nice dps buff against non-evil targets :)

edit: also apiphobes why is Xy'zzy even more terrifying to people who are afraid of bees? I'm not sure I understand this

cuz bees are terrifying? idk random words ftw!!!!!!!!

Eudimio
07-02-2008, 11:37 AM

I read that as: His poison breath and horrid wilting spell got boosted.

In_Like_Flynn
07-02-2008, 12:23 PM
How To Count In Roman Numerals
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
XIt is acceptable in Roman numerals to use IIII for 4, IIX for 8 and even VV for 10.

Luthen
07-02-2008, 12:42 PM

I think what folks are forgetting is that before it was Devotion 8 and Glaciation 8. The new version is IMPROVED Devotion 8 and IMPROVED Glaciation 8. Who cares about roman numerals? We just got a 10% boost in damage for those spells.:D

Yaga_Nub
07-02-2008, 03:31 PM
It is acceptable in Roman numerals to use IIII for 4, IIX for 8 and even VV for 10.

It's only mildly acceptable. Much more acceptable would be 8 because we aren't living in the friggin' roman empire. :)

Dirac
07-02-2008, 03:34 PM
It's only mildly acceptable. Much more acceptable would be 8 because we aren't living in the friggin' roman empire. :)

LOL! Love this.

Lorien_the_First_One
07-02-2008, 04:52 PM

Right, instead you think you are in an arabic country cause you're using their numbers....

Garth_of_Sarlona
07-02-2008, 05:02 PM

But still not quite as acceptable (http://www.dailywritingtips.com/10-rules-for-writing-numbers-and-numerals/) as writing eight.

Garth

Yaga_Nub
07-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Right, instead you think you are in an arabic country cause you're using their numbers....

we're not? my girlfriend is persian so I thought we were.

I knew I shouldn't trust her.

Angelus_dead
07-02-2008, 06:14 PM
But still not quite as acceptable (http://www.dailywritingtips.com/10-rules-for-writing-numbers-and-numerals/) as writing eight.
To scientists and engineers (which includes computer programmers and game designers), the word "eight" is a lot less sensible than "8".

Pyromaniac
07-05-2008, 07:44 PM
The caster loot (even with the upgrade) is still not very good imo.

Gadget2775
07-05-2008, 09:12 PM
But it's the interweb! We might be better off with 00001000. That way we don't offend the computers. :D

frugal_gourmet
07-05-2008, 09:22 PM
we're not? my girlfriend is persian so I thought we were.

I knew I shouldn't trust her.

Whoa, be careful there. Persians are not Arabs, and this can be a matter of sensitivity for some people.