PDA

View Full Version : My Appologies to Ghallanda

Sokar
06-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Hello all,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the following:

My son, who is 7 years of age and just starting to read, has created a toon on my wifes account named rekIII. RekIII is currently only lvl 2. Normally I am the only one to run with him. We have a great time. However, it has come to my attention that he logged on recently without my knowing. My wife found him playing and started reading the chat logs. It appears he was trying go get a group together but didn't know how to allow persons to join. I'm sure many persons were offended when he didn't let you join the group. It's wasn't intentional. Also it appears he then started advertizing himself as looking for a group. When persons would send an invite he would cancel the request or close the popup window. This happened many many times. Much to the frustration of the party leaders who were being kind by sending the invites. He simply did not know what he was doing.

I have spoken to him. Hopefully this will not happen again. He should only play DDO when I can logon as well. So, to all those who interacted with him I am very sorry for the trouble or displeasure he caused and hope all can be forgiven.

Sincerely,

Sokar

DaveyCrockett
06-25-2008, 05:26 PM
Hell, let him have fun and tell the server to get over it! :p

geoffhanna
06-25-2008, 05:27 PM
:)

darthmaul121783
06-25-2008, 06:20 PM
well atleast he is in to the game :D thats all that matters :D

TheMerc
06-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Already met people doing much worse when they should be at a higher maturity level, if our server can't handle something like that, well I'd be pretty ashamed.

Davey's got it right, let them build a bridge and get over it.

Joseph
06-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Good that he logged in and got it all rolling :)

Careful though, or your +5MFP might accidentally end up on the AH :p

Add, I am pleasantly surprised to see that no one has flamed you for playing with a child on a 'mature concept' game or any other such BS. If you are ever interested in assistance, PM me - my wife and I play together (she is in the US, and I am abroad and haven't been home in two years). We usually duo - and are careful who we play with outside of that due to some of the toons running around. If you see someone from The Black Court guild give us a shout (it is just us - lets us chat on those occasions we are not grouped).

Cheers mate.

captain1z
06-25-2008, 06:56 PM
Really doesnt sound like that big a deal at all......................

Kids will be kids and I know adults who cant put up an LFM............. and honestly, does anyone ever accept a blind invite anyway.
Request to join denied? I think most people will live.

This might be a great time to let the little guy spread his wings, just teach him how to use the features properly.

Ive grouped with kids who looked like they had no idea what they were doing.............. they just ran around and swung at anything that moved.

Ijust sit back and watch em all have fun and help out where I can.

Let em rampage all over stormreach I say.........DDO is for everone. (except plat farmers)

Bronko
06-25-2008, 09:42 PM
Ours is a family-friendly guild as well with several of us having our kids playing with us. I share your pain so I hope you share my laughs. :)

It's all good.

wamjratl1
06-26-2008, 07:44 AM
The cool thing is that you are playing the game with your son. I know he loves that!! And he'll probably be an uber god of stormreach in no time.

We all get crazy invites, or declined, or whatever all the time. Often just cuz someone made an oops. I can't tell you how many times someone has joined group and said "oops wrong grou" or something like that. No biggie. :D

Look for Qaos (ftr 5) when you guys are on your next run!

aurus33
06-26-2008, 07:56 AM
Bah, I declined invite, a group that didnt let you in, that's just minor details that people will get over it.

But I got to say, I applaud your kid initiative to start groups himself, it says a lot.

darthmaul121783
06-26-2008, 09:43 AM
come to think of it is he like lvl 6 or so. if he did invite me and send me a tell lol happend the other day or maybe theirs more then one running around

anyway if it happens it happens and i just leave

whats that saying boys will be boys

:D

my guild is not family orinted but i do understand this fact

llevenbaxx
06-26-2008, 09:47 AM
You named names, youre so banned!:D

Sokar
06-26-2008, 11:47 AM
You are all very kind. Just goes to show why I love this game so. The players make the community and what a great one it is. I'm currently working on a second new and improved desktop computer. Once it's complete we'll be running more often. I wish you all well and thank you for your great support!!

Sincerely,

Sokar

wamjratl1
06-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Bah, I declined invite, a group that didnt let you in, that's just minor details that people will get over it.

But I got to say, I applaud your kid initiative to start groups himself, it says a lot.

Aurus, please look at the last several Ghallanda threads. I am beginning to think you are stalking me. <tightens bathrobe and closes blinds>

aurus33
06-26-2008, 02:22 PM
Aurus, please look at the last several Ghallanda threads. I am beginning to think you are stalking me. <tightens bathrobe and closes blinds>

Oh oh... I think I've been found...

While funny, naah, I've been just less busy lately :D