PDA

View Full Version : Alchemical Rituals

Leyoni
06-19-2008, 07:36 AM
If I have a +2 shield and run the +1 alchemical ritual on it, does it become a +3 shield (+2 original bonus and another +1 alchemical)? If not then what good does the alchemical bonus give me?

Thx

Turial
06-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Currently the ritual does not work but a fix is in the works.

If the ritual did work and you applied the +1 ritual to a +2 shield you would end up with a +2 shield with the Alchemical ritual +1 Alchemical AC status added. The shield will work like a +3 for ac purposes but because the ritual is broken we don't know if it will add to the shields blocking DR and make it the equalavent of a +3 shield.

Blazer
06-19-2008, 10:01 AM
The ritual will be fixed in a future update (let's hope sooner rather than later). Dev's have commented they'll be changing it to a dodge bonus to AC so it will stack with the alchemical ritual done on armor as well.

Leyoni
06-20-2008, 02:43 AM
If it becomes a dodge bonus does it stack with the dodge feat?

Why wouldn't one bonus on one piece of equipment stack with a similar bonus on a different one? Magical bonuses on shields stack with magical bonuses on armor. Why not alchemical ones?

BTW, is the bonus broken for armor as well as shields?

Thx

Vaypor
06-20-2008, 05:13 AM
I just did the ritual on a set of robes a few days ago, and it did increase my ac by 1 as it's supposed to. I've only done that one item so far though, more an experiment than anything when I did it.

EKKM
07-04-2008, 07:56 AM
If it becomes a dodge bonus does it stack with the dodge feat?

Why wouldn't one bonus on one piece of equipment stack with a similar bonus on a different one? Magical bonuses on shields stack with magical bonuses on armor. Why not alchemical ones?

BTW, is the bonus broken for armor as well as shields?

Thx

I know it is old but:
Two alchemical bonuses would not stack
Dodge bonuses always stack with each other, so if alch sheild bonus is dodge then it will stack w didge feat and alch armour bonus

The reason why the bonus on a sheild stacks with a bonus on armour is because one is an armour bonus and the other is a sheild bonus.

tihocan
07-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Two alchemical bonuses would not stack
Well it depends if they're two alchemical bonuses to AC (would not stack), or one alchemical bonus to shield bonus and one alchemical bonus to armor bonus (which would "stack" since they apply to different things, that stack together). Don't worry if your head hurts :p