PDA

View Full Version : Hug for the dev's

The_Phenx
06-04-2008, 10:05 AM
I know there is a lot of griping going on, and I have a few myself but....

<hug> for all the extra weapon slots
and the new three barrel cove looks great.

Now...a gripe or two.

Would you PLEASE give fighters some love for mod 8... we stopped getting any attention at lvl 12. Maybe an extended crit range, maybe a enhanced multiplier, something...even the monks already have more. How about a blademaster line.

Now that we have the greensteel dwarven ax's and greataxes with their WAY too high base damage... all we will see is Dwarven barbarians everywhere, they already multiplied like rabbits now they will breed like flies.

Where are the monk green steel weave handwraps.

Where is my cookie :D

Eldorudo
06-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Contrary to popular belief, Devs need hugs too!

...and cookies!

Yaga_Nub
06-04-2008, 11:01 AM
I made a big one for all the devs.

http://infinitejestchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/chocolate_chip_cookie.jpg

debo

Now...a gripe or two.

Would you PLEASE give fighters some love for mod 8... we stopped getting any attention at lvl 12. Maybe an extended crit range, maybe a enhanced multiplier, something...even the monks already have more. How about a blademaster line.

Now that we have the greensteel dwarven ax's and greataxes with their WAY too high base damage... all we will see is Dwarven barbarians everywhere, they already multiplied like rabbits now they will breed like flies.

Where are the monk green steel weave handwraps.

Where is my cookie :D

Those are good gripes :)

Issip
/signed

Great launch, great updates, great new content, servers all up and working on schedule - good job and thanks for the great work.

No gripes at this time, but I am lobbying for some improvements to the quivers and the ability to hot swap arrows to be considered for the next Mod I amde a different post already: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1732625&posted=1#post1732625

The_Phenx
06-04-2008, 11:07 AM
You do realize I'm a halfling right? I'm the size of just one of the chocolate chips. SOOOO Eldorudo you and the other devs can split it with me... but with that guy we will need a few serious tankards of milk.

How about making some sort of "dwarf be-gone" spray...maybe clear up the infestation.

Yaga_Nub
06-04-2008, 11:11 AM
How about making some sort of "dwarf be-gone" spray...maybe clear up the infestation.

Hold on, I'm making some chili right now. Asp wanted to go on a Dragon raid anyway.

The_Phenx
06-04-2008, 11:16 AM
MMMMM Chillli... Droool.

Better get a fly swatter or you'll get dwarves in it. Filthy lil buggers who knows where they've been.

Dark_Helmet
06-04-2008, 11:21 AM

Did anyone mention the servers were back up early? No server crashes, less lag than usual (just login problems but you can still get in).

Hopefully, they will use the "New technology" to just add dungeons without requiring downtimes!

Now, if they can just learn how to extend an existing database to add more items, they can slipstream in new equipment without downtime! ;)

The_Phenx
06-04-2008, 11:35 AM
I noticed.. and was completely happy slaying lil pirates as soon as I got home.

beeofdoom
06-04-2008, 12:09 PM
/signed

Make compound bows function like they do in PnP, so all melee classes can do similar base damage with a compound bow, (barring class specific feats and enhancements).

At a mininum for enhancements:
Add Fighter Armor mastery 4 and examine cost vs Dwarven Armor Mastery, (Paladina have +4 AC boost aura for 4 AP's now?)
ReEvaulate Fighter Tactics vs Dwarven Tactics, Fighter Toughness vs Dwarven Toughness
Take a look at cost of intimidate skill line

New feats:
Improved CE
Improved PA

Easy to implement, not overpowering, and both would help justify taking fighter levels 17 & 18.

pumagirl418
06-04-2008, 12:14 PM
why do you hug people that make screw ups? no you pat them on the head and tell them to fix their mistakes, and only then do you show any gratitude love.

The_Phenx
06-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Lol they do good stuff. Its called trial and error.

They do we respond they react.

When they do good work they deserve recognition... and they do some kick ass work.

The gripes should be constructive criticism and requests... not ultimatums, do it or else.

Hugs for good stuff.. and if they want more.. well then a lil fighter love is required...

And if the hugging gets weird.. then firm handshakes for the guys and hugs for the ladies only, since im soo dead sexy. :D

Missing_Minds
06-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Contrary to popular belief, Devs need hugs too!

...and cookies!

Oh. so you don't need guacamole.

The_Phenx
06-04-2008, 12:42 PM
/signed

At a mininum for enhancements:
Add Fighter Armor mastery 4 and examine cost vs Dwarven Armor Mastery, (Paladina have +4 AC boost aura for 4 AP's now?)
ReEvaulate Fighter Tactics vs Dwarven Tactics, Fighter Toughness vs Dwarven Toughness
Take a look at cost of intimidate skill line

New feats:
Improved CE
Improved PA

Easy to implement, not overpowering, and both would help justify taking fighter levels 17 & 18.

Aye Fighters armor mastery needs to be tamed. The AP cost is silly for the return.
I could see an improved CE line.. not that I use it personally
And Improved PA would be great. Not that I need more to hit... but to damage would be nice
A weapon defense line would be agreeable as well.

Id like to see some sort of precision strike type stuff for an improved crit range... since we are technically weapons masters.
Honestly the Barbarian enhancement should have been crit multiplier not range, and fighters should get range. Brute strength does more damage, finesse and placement are more accurate.

The_Phenx
06-04-2008, 12:43 PM

Proudly wears the T-****

"I made the guacamole today!"

Sorry for those who don't get it.

Vizzini
06-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Your such a dork Yaga.

I made a big one for all the devs.

The_Phenx
06-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Proudly wears the T-****

lol why did shirt get asterix'd out?

Natalae
06-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Give a hug when 6 out of 9 toons can actually load into game...."still Saving" how bout an aswer on that

Mhykke
06-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Give a hug when 6 out of 9 toons can actually load into game...."still Saving" how bout an aswer on that

Here's your answer: Suckaaaaaa!!! :D

Nat, if you're getting that saving message, log in w/ a character you can get into the game, and put in a character stuck ticket. I got a GM in less than 5 min.

The_Phenx
06-04-2008, 12:59 PM

Sigh... its a happy thread... Happy... SMILE :D

I'm shure they are debugging code to locate the problem.

Having been a programmer and a digital artist for years... I do not envy their job atm.

Course last language I used was c++ im shure its improved since then.

MistressMayhem
06-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Since we are hugging the Devs here, I just wanted to say thank you so much for quivers! It is awesome to finally be able to hold all my slaying arrows on my archer in her wide quiver, instead of rusting away in her bank due to lack of inventory space. And yeah for the the thin quiver! I know there are some complaints about the capacity only being 1000 arrows (when one can fly thru 1500-2000 silver on the PF), but that is easily fixed by buying two thin quivers. So I applaud you Devs for all your hard work on this mod and am most gracious for the addition of quivers!

Natalae
06-04-2008, 01:04 PM
/hug with ever increasing pressure until vertabrea pop

Natalae
06-04-2008, 01:31 PM
/hug off releasing pressure

wtg thx for the help

The_Phenx
06-04-2008, 01:32 PM
/hug off releasing pressure

wtg thx for the help

ROFL... you a Chiropractor?

Yaga_Nub
06-04-2008, 01:33 PM
You're such a dork Yaga.

Fixed that for you.

I try. :D

Milolyen
06-04-2008, 01:35 PM
Proudly wears the T-****

lol why did shirt get asterix'd out?

Notice in the first one there are four * and not five ... my guess is you forgot an r.

Milolyen

Milolyen
06-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Your such a dork Yaga.

Dork? Nah I would be calling him other things than that ... but they not very forum appropriate. :D

Milolyen

Yaga_Nub
06-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Proudly wears the T-****

I eat at Chipotle at least twice a week. It's a good thing that I work out a lot or I'd be like 400 lbs.

Milolyen
06-04-2008, 01:38 PM
I eat at Chipotle at least twice a week. It's a good thing that I work out a lot or I'd be like 400 lbs.

As it is he is only 350. :D

Milolyen

Yaga_Nub
06-04-2008, 02:19 PM
As it is he is only 350. :D

Milolyen

I am a svelt 321.

aurus33
06-04-2008, 02:34 PM
/Signed

Great job, and for whoever did that ninja code that fix the performance and the lag, thanks!!

The_Phenx
06-04-2008, 02:44 PM
I am a svelt 321.

Lol im a whopping 140+ rolling in at 5'7 ... and we wonder why I always play halflings....:rolleyes:

Arundil
06-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Big hugs from me too!

Absolutely LOVE the three barrel cove revamp!

Awesome job with a painless and timely patch release!

Quivers rock! I haven't done much monkey business yet. Looking forward to the new raids!

Yaga_Nub
06-04-2008, 02:57 PM
Lol im a whopping 140+ rolling in at 5'7 ... and we wonder why I always play halflings....:rolleyes:

I'm not actually that large, I only drink like a man that large.

The_Phenx
06-04-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm not actually that large, I only drink like a man that large.

Do you have a seperate chair for your liver :D

Yaga_Nub
06-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Do you have a seperate chair for your liver :D

I'm not really sure I still have one. Do you have a spare?

The_Phenx
06-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Shure pulled one last night... two large scales?

Lol I hijacked my own thread.

Keeper
06-04-2008, 03:40 PM
*giant cookie image*

Thanks. Now my right-hand monitor has slobber all over it. And my tongue tastes like dust. Ppppth.

I could go for some cookies dipped in guacamole about now. . . none of that ice-cream and pickles nonsense for me!

The_Phenx
06-04-2008, 04:38 PM
I could go for some cookies dipped in guacamole about now. . . none of that ice-cream and pickles nonsense for me!

Keep your fingers away from her... you might come back missing a few fingers... :eek:

Pregnant women are spooky.

Pyromaniac
06-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Would you PLEASE give fighters some love for mod 8... we stopped getting any attention at lvl 12.

These days not being nerfed is love.

PhoenixFire31
06-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Poor Keeper....lose interest in the ice cream machine already?:D

Venar
06-05-2008, 05:28 AM
Big Hugs

1- Outfits. Finally, my dex rogue can wear cool clothing. No more walking around in robes. Robes are for these spellcaster guys.
2- Those fishmen in 3BC. Coolest looking mobs in the game.
3- Good bonus on shield. No more spams of ghost touch shield (you know, to shield bash wraiths)
4- Trainer train all levels. At last.
5- Vendors in Rusty Nail getting organized, cool.

Small disapointements

1- Large Horn only used for green steel recepy. Sure doesn't help getting my tier 3 dual-shard
2- No new rituals for soul gems. Why do i have a full Soul Gem bag again?
3- Firewall... bleh.
4- Superspeed on the Fire Elemental and Lion in the Shroud. Part 2 is hard and interresting enough now without the mach-4 addition to ghost speed. At least if we could block the ghost with ghost touch shields...

Allice
06-05-2008, 05:39 AM
Hey now im not pregnant and i often crave chicken and chocolate or peanut butter...... I dont know why i just do. Lucky i have the self restraint to not try that

Yaga_Nub
06-05-2008, 07:26 AM
Pregnant women are spooky.

Pregnant women are hot!

Well at least in the first 3 to 4 months. They have this sexy glow about them that just makes you want to ju......... never mind this is a family forum.

The_Phenx
06-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Pregnant women are hot!

Well at least in the first 3 to 4 months. They have this sexy glow about them that just makes you want to ju......... never mind this is a family forum.

Lol i've got a daughter... my x was scary when she was pregnant, of course she was scary anyway.

The_Phenx
06-05-2008, 10:28 AM
These days not being nerfed is love.

I think the word for what I'm after is a Fighter Prestige Class

sigh