PDA

View Full Version : HD graphics

Thame
05-30-2008, 10:42 AM
I purchased a new computer and was able to greatly update my graphics setting for the game which is remarkably different from the old settings. Its almost like a whole new game. Then someone told me I could download a HD version of the game. I found it and downloaded it. Now I see ULTRA high settings in my graphics settings. I tried this setting which Im assuming is the HD but I have yet to see any difference from the very high settings.

Can someone let me know If im missing something here? Perhaps Im missing an option to turn on or something, just thinking it wasnt worth downloading the HD settings. Thanx

Freeman
05-30-2008, 10:46 AM
If you look under your install directory, you should see a file called "Client_highres.dat", about 1.6GB in size. That file contains the high-res textures that are needed for the highest possible image quality. If you have that file and your graphics are turned up to the max, then you are getting the best the game can offer.

Thame
05-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Yea I have it and max the settings, so the HD version IMO is same as very high and wasnt worth the download. Thanx for your help

Recovery
05-30-2008, 10:59 AM
The high def file includes the settings for Very High and Ultra high settings. The difference from very high to ultra is very small, but there is a difference. I played on Very High Setting since the game came out and then when ultra was available I changed it to that.

The high def file may be misleading, it is not HD like you would see in TV movie settings for standard and HD. It is just a high quality resolution for the game. More detail...

Thame
05-30-2008, 11:04 AM
The high def file includes the settings for Very High and Ultra high settings. The difference from very high to ultra is very small, but there is a difference. I played on Very High Setting since the game came out and then when ultra was available I changed it to that.

The high def file may be misleading, it is not HD like you would see in TV movie settings for standard and HD. It is just a high quality resolution for the game. More detail...

I dont even see a diff on detail going from very to ultra

Coldin
05-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Try going to the Advanced Graphics options, and check what the Texture setting is at. If it's at Very High, you're running with the highest quality textures there is in the game. If not, change it to that, and you should notice a difference.

darthmaul121783
05-30-2008, 11:57 AM
their is a difrence and the bigest reason for downloading it is if you keep the files you can reinstall with out as long of a update

Missing_Minds
05-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Yea I have it and max the settings, so the HD version IMO is same as very high and wasnt worth the download. Thanx for your help

You are thinking HD as in HD TV. Don't. The game has a High Res textures, not High Definition graphics. Whomever told you the game was HD was wrong.

Impaqt
05-30-2008, 12:16 PM
What kind of Monitor and graphic are you running? Eventhough many may "Run" the game at Ultra it still cant do it justice.

I Notice a Difference going from High to ultra withmy 8800GTX and 24" Dell 1920x1200 Monitor.

negative
05-30-2008, 04:26 PM
When you guys are talking about the "Ultra" setting, is that in the basic graphics options, or is this in the Advanced Graphics tab in the Texture Setting pull down?

AFAIK, setting the Texture Setting to "Very High" gets you the High Res textures, and there is a very noticable difference between this and "High" Texture Setting.