PDA

View Full Version : Crafted Weapons and Application?

McBadger
05-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Shroud crafting has had plenty of time to be reduced to a science for the various weapons. I know the Mineral II Khopesh or Maul are both hot weapons as well as the Lightning Strike bow, but what else are people making and what specific application did they have in mind besides an end game weapon for knocking the chocolate out of Big Red. I'm kicking around ideas for what to make next and would love to hear not just what you folks have come up with but how it fares out in the game world.

vyvy3369
05-29-2008, 04:54 PM
I made a couple Earth Warhammers - one all damage, one with +4 AC. They work pretty well, and it's about as close to a Weighted effect as we can get, and gives a lot higher overall damage at the cost of DC vs. Hammer of Leaden Clouds.

Earthgrab lands fairly often - I tried figuring it out a few times and guessed around 5%. It seems to show up a lot all at once though - while playing in the Vale I had it land 3 separate times on a dog that took like 5 hits to kill.

McBadger
05-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Good call on earth and the associated grab. It's a nice one because of the funky effect without needing the hassle of a combined shard. Any notable foes that are immune to acid?

Kargon
05-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Shroud crafting has had plenty of time to be reduced to a science for the various weapons. I know the Mineral II Khopesh or Maul are both hot weapons as well as the Lightning Strike bow, but what else are people making and what specific application did they have in mind besides an end game weapon for knocking the chocolate out of Big Red. I'm kicking around ideas for what to make next and would love to hear not just what you folks have come up with but how it fares out in the game world.

lightnaming II work just fine as a warhammermer on the pit fiend (on normamal) ;)
It plenty fun as straight dps weapamon too for all othermer content, kargon nevermer take it off if doing dps (only take off for say vorpamalling)

vyvy3369
05-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Immune, no. Probably some golems or something, but you'd smite those anyways. Several things have high resistances though, mostly outsiders like the Tharaak Hounds and the new Devils.

Deaths_ward
05-29-2008, 05:45 PM
I have a Tier 3 pos+mat+dom/pos+mat+dom/pos+mat+dom Long Bow, anything that's evil gets the C****P knocked out of it. Saw a crit on one of the named Orthos in Running with the Devils. Those were some scary numbers. All total I think it was like 200 or so damage, so don't rule out a ranger firing a Tier 3 Bow, pop many shot on with those bad mamajama's and you can tear things up.

As a side note, it is a wonderful weapon for shalacking Harry the Happy Red Monster ;).

Korvek
05-29-2008, 06:17 PM
Radiance II.

+4 Armor Class, Blindness on crit for free sneak attacks even while holding aggro, and my new favorite weapon for my rogue.

McBadger
05-30-2008, 02:17 PM
anyone have any reviews positive or negative for some of the other combinations?