PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

narizue
05-29-2008, 02:44 PM
Just a quick question in case I have missed the answer posted somewhere by the devs.

Are we getting a new character slot with mod 7?

Given that according to all information available the mod's launch is less than a week away it would be nice to know so that if we are not players who wish to create monks can start the process of unequipping characters and deletion as need be.

I understand that there have been other threads asking this same question, and to my knowledge none of them have been directly answered by the devs. I figured I would ask this now given that this is "Monk Week and with 9 characters on my home server I was wondering if I would have delete a character to play my monk.

I understand that it is a sticky situation with folks having more than the standard maximum of 9 characters on any one server, but some response, even a "We are looking into it" or a flat out "no" is better than the silence that this question has been met with.

Thank you for your consideration.

Coldin
05-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Yep, we're really getting to that point where folks need to know if they're going to have to delete a character to roll up a monk.

ArkoHighStar
05-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Yep, we're really getting to that point where folks need to know if they're going to have to delete a character to roll up a monk.

Given that we are this close to release, its hard to believe Turbine hasn't come to a decision on this, but in typical Turbine fashion they will say nothing until they absolutely have no choice, which is live date

binnsr
05-29-2008, 03:55 PM
*chirp* *chirp*

Anyone hear anything but the crickets when this question is asked?

I'd really like to know whether I need to clean off a character and prep him/her for reroll.. or if I am just going to live without a monk.

Fanabeam
05-29-2008, 03:57 PM
*chirp* *chirp*

Anyone hear anything but the crickets when this question is asked?

I'd really like to know whether I need to clean off a character and prep him/her for reroll.. or if I am just going to live without a monk.

I thought this question was clearly answered when they did the server merge.
No more new slots.

narizue
05-29-2008, 04:14 PM
If said question was clearly answered one would think that our community relations team could take a moment or two to reiterate that decision in one of several different threads that have been posted with regard to this issue over the last few weeks. But instead there is no response, hence the uncertainty continues.

Its a matter a quick "No" if its a done deal. If that is the case the lack of a clear and definative response is creating a false hope with some players that will lead to major disatisfaction once the true(if it is as previously mentioned) becomes apparent with Mod 7's launch.

Again some form of communication is better than silence.

Shamguard
05-29-2008, 06:50 PM
I thought this question was clearly answered when they did the server merge.
No more new slots.

Since the merger gave some people more than nine characters in their account, it is obvious that the system can support more than the nine we are currently allowed to create.
There was also the survey that asked if we would be willing to pay for more slots.

So I don't think that "No more new slots" was ever given as a final answer.

~Jules921
05-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Additional character slots would be very welcome, imho, any time a new class or race is introduced to the game. This way we won't have to delete existing characters in order to play the new character.

Jules