PDA

View Full Version : Is this right?

Thailand_Dan
05-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Was wonering if this made sense to you. Level 10 WF sorc. I have a Bears Ensurance clickie which lasts 3 minutes. It brings my total hp from 80 up to 100. I have the diehard feat. Whenever I get incapacitated, Usually in the time it takes for me to regenerate, my bears runs out, my dex falls, pushing my hp below -9, and I die.

I've also noticed, if I am not at full health, say 97 of 100, and my bears runs out, my hp drop to something like 77 of 80. It makes me wonder if I am at 1 of 100 hp, and it runs out, will I go incap or die from it running out?

Is this right that hp should be taken away from dex falling? I can understand total hp falling, but hp you have already below the new max hp.

Comments?

Lorien_the_First_One
05-11-2008, 08:42 AM
You don't lose hp for dex falling, but for CON falling. And yes, as per D&D rules its not lost off the max, its lost off of your current HP so it can kill you. It happens to barbarians at the end of their rages all the time :D

haunter
05-11-2008, 08:49 AM
It helps if instead of thinking about how many hit points you have left, think about how much damage you have. If you have 1 out of 100 hit points left, that means you took 99 points of damage. When reduced back down to 80 that means you are -19 and thus a corpse. The amount of damage you have does not change, just your ability to withstand it.

hydra_ex
05-11-2008, 08:50 AM
Two things: One, you should get a permanent +4 CON item to avoid this happening. Two, you are a warforged! You automatically stabalize!

Thailand_Dan
05-11-2008, 09:45 AM
Whoops on two accounts. My squishy toons are the ones I have diehard. This one is WF, so I automatically stabilize. And whoops #2, its CON, not DEX. OK, so it seems its right. That sucks :P

My Bear's clickie has 5 charges and lasts 3 min. each click. Are there any longer duration clickies, wands, potions? Or is that the highest you get without casting it yourself?

Komori
05-11-2008, 09:51 AM
i believe you can loot wands that are lvl 6. i dont believe there are higher lvl potions or clickies. i wish clickie time was based on the minimum lvl of the item.

MageLL
05-11-2008, 10:14 AM
My Bear's clickie has 5 charges and lasts 3 min. each click. Are there any longer duration clickies, wands, potions? Or is that the highest you get without casting it yourself?

There is no reason you shouldn't aim for +4 con item. Health isn't something you should clickie fuss with. That being said, if you are having trouble finding a +4 or better con item, the dude where the marketplace tent used to be gives out free 30 minute buffs, as well as the house P guy.

Talish
05-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Talk to the fellow where the marketplace tent used to be he gives random buffs which last 30 mins one of those buffs is bears endurance. Also keep an eye out for a +con item.