PDA

View Full Version : Beta return, which server?

Esis00
05-10-2008, 09:31 AM
Morning all. As the title mentions I am attempting my run at DDO for the first time since closed beta. I am honestly very excited, but have the general newbie concerns that come with returning to an MMO "for the first time."

I have been skimming the forums, and my primary concern is, Which server would I have a good amount of success at finding a strong catering community to my possible questions? I am an MMO veteran, but I know a lot has changed since beta here. I know that many of the web related builds (and even some of the recent forum builds here) have become outdated in a very short time. With that said,

Seems Thelanis has a strong catering community, so a very likely choice for me.

I am a loyal support/healing class builder, so Bard is my preferred starting class, and even though I would never seek the "build of the month," I do wish to know if Bard is competent of building favor for the 32 point builds, etc? Apparently I still cannot post in several of the forums, including the Bard forums, (awaiting authorization I guess) so hoping someone could direct me to a competent, viable group/solo bard build that would survive not having the initial favor to move me along. Of course I have no ability to twink my toon, and I am fine with that. I know many of the builds really require older toons to move them along.

I thank you all for your time, and look forward to meeting some of you in game shortly.

BLAKROC
05-10-2008, 09:40 AM
yes bards are generally accepted in all groups. My bard has close to max favor. and welcome back to DDO :)

tihocan
05-21-2008, 02:13 PM
Welcome, Thelanis is certainly a good choice! :)

For bards, I suggest you try to get to 400 favor fast enough, then reroll as a drow (it's likely that at this point - around L6-7 - you will want to fix some mistakes you made in the build). That way you won't have to reroll again once you reach 1750 favor.