PDA

View Full Version : + tomes / feat shard exchanges

scampb
05-08-2008, 10:39 AM
Two questions.

One, how do you get the + tomes? Are there certain quests where they drop like the feather ring in STK or the +3 items in TR? I have a level 9 Barb. Can I do some of these quests to try and capture a tome or is only in the higher levels, for 14-16?

Two, how do the feat exchanges work with shards? Do you need to save so many of them? I believe if I am not mistaken you take them to Fred but I am not sure how the process works.

Thanks in advance.

JacknCoke
05-08-2008, 10:42 AM
The only time I have personally seen a tome drop was in the chest in Von 5 on the platform you drop down to and have to pick the lock. And it was only a +1. But supposedly they have a chance in dropping in any quest.

Still waiting for my tomes =(

Talk to the lady right by the mail box in the harbor (forget her name). Take the little quest/test and you can get a free exchange if you do well enough. You can also get a feat exchanged for the pink dragon shards. The yellow and black can be crafted down to a pink shard, but I don't know how.

Dariuss
05-08-2008, 10:48 AM
tomes can definitely drop in the level of quest you are doing now at lvl9, although they are rare.

Once you get a bit higher your chances go up. But they can come from any chest or any end reward.

oh also, +1 tomes are fairly available these days, so you can probably pick one up for 50k plat on the AH, or make a trade on your server forum easily enough (assuming you pull something decent)

query
05-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Since you're level 9, I'll just mention the full one.

10000 of those little yellow shards will create a full dragonshard. So 100 of them creates the imperfect and 10 imperfect creates flawed and 10 flawed creates a Dragonshard. Remember to bring gold also as fred charges for the change (the feat exchange token is free) and if you are using a feat to qualify for another feat, it cannot be removed.

GL on the tomes, as they are a literal crapshoot. Even the Vale/shroud quests/raids are no guarantee for a +2 tome and unlucky me is +2 tome light (only got Con and earned Int from my 1750) and never even got a +3 tome (yes 34 reaver raids and counting)

Jsbeer
04-19-2012, 02:29 PM
I think you are guaranteed a full set of +2 tome for all abilities every 20 Shroud Raid completions. In fact there may be +3 tomes there as well. I can't say about 20th lists for other raids as I haven't done 20 for any other than the Shroud.

MysticElaine
04-19-2012, 02:43 PM
I have actually gotten +2/3 tomes drop from end reward list in shroud. I have also seen a +3 tome on 20th completions, which I ignore for my cleansing item.

Feat exchanges:
1. Get the free feat exchange from Lokania (spelling?)
2. If low level, you might want to save free feat exchange and pay for it. It costs more pp and level of shard (imperfect, etc) the higher the level you are. You can get the highest lvl of shard needed with the first Argo favor, I believe

cwfergtx
04-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Place I have pulled quests +1 Desert and various quests level 8-11, +2 Reaver and Shroud quest the most as well as the 20th runs in the Shroud you usually get 2-3 +2 tomes and 2-3 +3 Tomes to choice from. The Reaver 20th runs might have 1-2 +2 tomes sometimes.

holfrar
04-19-2012, 02:46 PM
I would imagine the OP has his/her tomes now, or has quit the game. seeing as this was made 4 years ago.

<insert necro image here>

Diyon
04-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Ooo! Thread necro on three of you! Check the year on the OP.

Edit: Gah! Ninja'd!

brian14
04-19-2012, 02:52 PM
On 20th and 40th Shroud I had +3 Tomes -- no +2's. I had a couple +1 Tomes drop in rare's chests in Orchard. The only places I ever got a +2 Tome were AH and Cake Djinn :)

brian14
05-21-2012, 03:43 PM
On 20th and 40th Shroud I had +3 Tomes -- no +2's. I had a couple +1 Tomes drop in rare's chests in Orchard. The only places I ever got a +2 Tome were AH and Cake Djinn :)
Last night for the first time I got a +2 Tome from something other than AH and Cake Djinn:

Constitution +2 tome, quest end reward for Fleshmaker's Laboratory. We ran the quest on elite, but that should not affect end reward list.