PDA

View Full Version : I have pulled the most UBER SHIELD EVER!!!!

The_Ick
05-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Notice the min level and RR :D

http://img3.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/2709261ffd.jpg

Thought is was kind of cool, so i figured i would share... :D

Kistilan
05-03-2008, 04:40 PM
?!?!

Did you photoshop that?!?!

If not, I make the next statement.

Devs, your treasure tables went awry again... At least make the shield a DIAMOND shield or something where the VALUE would be correct. But it's absolutely USELESS loot! Give him a gemstone worth 100k instead of a +1RRlvl16 shield of NUBSville.

totmacher
05-03-2008, 04:42 PM
wow 81k gold

Barumar
05-03-2008, 04:45 PM
wow 81k gold

That's exactly what I tought! My lvl 16 Sorcy pulls shields all the time, I wish they were worth that much :)

Is quite the odd pull OP!

Barumar

KIELBASEE555
05-03-2008, 04:46 PM
but where did you get such a very expsive item from. was it from the vale rare monster or from the rare scrolls quest in the Lord Good Blades area.? i'm not that savy on shields, is this just an ordinary +1 heavy or dose it have odd speck figuers in fine print?
or is it just a wildly expensive item pulled from the dragons loot in Giant Hold? All i see that could be expensive is that it is elf, drow lvl 16.

JFeenstra
05-03-2008, 04:50 PM
theres only one quest in the game that can drop loot that high...

Kistilan
05-03-2008, 04:50 PM
but where did you get such a very expsive item from. was it from the vale rare monster or from the rare scrolls quest in the Lord Good Blades area.? i'm not that savy on shields, is this just an ordinary +1 heavy or dose it have odd speck figuers in fine print?
or is it just a wildly expensive item pulled from the dragons loot in Giant Hold? All i see that could be expensive is that it is elf, drow lvl 16.

It's a +1 Shield of NUBSville. It has no use other than to be pretty. The Loot Tables need adjustment. Sure, he can sell it and make money, but seriously if that's loot that can be brought out of a dungeon to sell, then the treasure tables are a bit off currently.

Examine the picture:

It's a +1 Shield, nothing special, no special properties.
It's a Race Requirement Drow, Elf (cool)
It's a level 16 requirement (***?!?)
And it's worth 80K (+1 Shield w/Race Req for 80K? *** AGAIN!)

IE: Treasure Tables are generating VERY useless loot and only care that the value (80K) is established. What's next, Masterwork Bows with level req 20 and value of 200k?

bluecheet
05-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Race required level... 16 shield?
HA!
The loot tables are honest to goodness garbage. I've pulled better things out of Tempest Spine than in any of the mod 6 quests!

The_Ick
05-03-2008, 05:41 PM
?!?!

Did you photoshop that?!?!

If not, I make the next statement.

Devs, your treasure tables went awry again... At least make the shield a DIAMOND shield or something where the VALUE would be correct. But it's absolutely USELESS loot! Give him a gemstone worth 100k instead of a +1RRlvl16 shield of NUBSville.

Nope, no editing... I pulled it out of the Shroud part 1 on Elite (left Chest) this morning.

I wasn't try to start anything, just thought it was kind of funny. I figure it is just a glitch or maybe there are some hidden propeties i can't see. Just thought it was kind of cool.

Doubt i will sell it. maybe it is a Dev shield that has mysterious unknown powers.....

Kistilan
05-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Nope, no editing... I pulled it out of the Shroud part 1 on Elite (left Chest) this morning.

Doubt i will sell it. maybe it is a Dev shield that has mysterious unknown powers.....

LOL! Maybe you should get your 80K and sell it instead of being sentimentally optomistic! ;)

But seriously, thanks for posting that picture. It's just one more thing for the developers at the chop shop to work on in their spare time after the lag fiasco is done.

sirgog
05-03-2008, 06:35 PM
theres only one quest in the game that can drop loot that high...

2 actually.

Shroud elite, and the +1 loot chest in Let Sleeping Dust Lie elite.

It might also be a Shroud end reward.

JFeenstra
05-03-2008, 06:39 PM
2 actually.

Shroud elite, and the +1 loot chest in Let Sleeping Dust Lie elite.

It might also be a Shroud end reward.
+1 loot chest in dust? i assume that's the one from not killing any spiders

end rewards are based on the base level of the quest, not taking into account difficulty...therefore the shrouds end rewards are based on a lvl 17 quest

at least i'm 95% positive that's how it works

Kromize
05-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Yeah, now look at some of the effects on shields. a +4 deathblock shield is ml 16....as a +5 deathblokc armor is ml 16...

shields are just messed up atm...

sirgog
05-03-2008, 07:46 PM
+1 loot chest in dust? i assume that's the one from not killing any spiders

end rewards are based on the base level of the quest, not taking into account difficulty...therefore the shrouds end rewards are based on a lvl 17 quest

at least i'm 95% positive that's how it works

You are correct that it is the spider chest.

Have seen ML 14 items pulled from it on normal.

The Shroud end rewards can be any item up to and including ML 16. End rewards have a maximum ML of base quest level minus 1 - so for the Shroud on normal, hard or elite, max ML is 17-1=16. I have confirmed this also personally by pulling a (totally useless) ML16 weapon there. (In-quest rewards have a maximum ML of the quest level minus 3, but this is scaled up for hard and elite)

Bronko
05-04-2008, 12:21 AM
I have seen an almost identical shield on Ghallanda with my own eyes but it was RR Dwarf.

I'm guessing it was supposed to have some sort of uber ability attached and it either:

a) got glitched and you're screwed, or
b) it glitched and you can expect to see something outrageous show up on it down the road when whatever is wrong with it gets fixed

If I was a gambling man (and I've been known to place a bet from time to time) I'd guess you will reap the benefit of that shield some day.

penumbra
05-04-2008, 12:29 AM
i love the loot tables. it's fun to open a chest and see what random garbage it can spit out. :D i have ogre power bracer of sustenance that would be ML 13 if not for the RR dwarf. however it isn't ML 11 for the RR. it is ML9 :p

sirgog
05-04-2008, 05:04 AM
i love the loot tables. it's fun to open a chest and see what random garbage it can spit out. :D i have ogre power bracer of sustenance that would be ML 13 if not for the RR dwarf. however it isn't ML 11 for the RR. it is ML9 :p

I pulled a good one of those items once.

+6 Dex ring, RR: ½ling, ML 9. Pulled it in Tempest Spine elite (which normally could not drop a +6 RR stat item).

Sold it for a million plat, regretted the trade later...

DNDJESS
05-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Is it possible that the shield has some hidden effects? I know it's pretty unlikely, but I'd suggest going into a tavern and have a lvl 1 char attack you and see if anything happens. You never know.....

geoffhanna
05-04-2008, 12:12 PM
What is normal hardness and durability for a +1 steel heavy shield?

KristovK
05-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Some of the posters in this thread should know better....

This is a bug that crops up once in a while when the random loot generator engine tries to put properties on items that are not ingame but ARE in the tables. We had a big problem with this almost 2 years ago, after certain properties were removed from the game but not pulled from the tables yet(unholy items anyone, still got mine!). We used to pull Robes of Nothing and Weapons of Nothing, ML 8 to 10 with or without rr's on them. Bug report em and move on, we never got anything for the ones we used to pull fairly often, although they did request that we contact one of the Turbine folks(she wasn't a dev, PR type, forget her name) and give her a list of everything like that we had..which character, which server, which items, but she was upfront and told us we'd get nothing for em. Sell em or keep em for sentimental reasons, doesn't really matter, but please PLEASE bug report it!

ENGRAV0
05-04-2008, 02:20 PM
My Guild Leader, On Argo, Pulled a "+1 Wooden Buckler, RR Elf, ML 16, Shroud Elite loot run. These are not unique, and no, the OP didn't (Or didn't have to anyways, if he did) Photo Shop that item. The Guild Leader in question is still waiting to see what the deal was supposed to be, and will probably hold onto it as proof the QA department somehow can't get their act together. Not that it matters, I doubt the QA Dept has any QA being done on their work as it is. LoL!

Yshkabibble
05-04-2008, 04:35 PM
My guess is that the loot table may run like this:

1) Generate Minimum level for the item.
2) Determine if it is a race restricted item.
3) Fill in the properties.

With the current structure for random loots, and the **** that can go on shields, I am guessing there might not be any possible combination of prefixes and suffixes that could make up a level 16 race restricted shield. Maybe that caused some odd error.

Kalari
05-04-2008, 04:54 PM
oh oh I bet I can guess the hidden ability of that shield. You see its Drow Elf only because its a +1 Heavy Sheild of endless happiness or Despair.

Now if your an Elf or a goody goody Drow wearing that shield will make you smile goofily and give you a +20% bonus to your luck and shower you with sunshine and bunnies as long as your aligment is good or whatnot.

If your Naughty Drow or Elf or of naughty alignment you get thunderstorms, rainning Orthans and a 100% chance to bash anyone who smiles at you crooked with it. And they get no saving throw to protect themselves. Also theres a 10% chance if the person struck is really annoying that they will disentergrate and have to make a new character like a permadeather.

Its a new designed geared for ubber pvp players who want to take over stormreach making newbies miserable. And they hid it because right now its just too darn strong and are waiting for balance making Monks to be able to either A. Kick the **** out of anyone using the despair tactics. Or B. Push off a cliff the Endlessly happy people who use it cause lets face it they are very annoying.

Now thats an UBER item indeed ^_^

Disclaimer: the following drivel was made by a madwoman driven by voices in her head that normally direct her to kill kobolds and gnolls but sometimes makes her create seriously farse stories to keep them at bay. Now she will go while they chuckle merilly at her silliness.

Kistilan
05-04-2008, 04:57 PM
Now thats an UBER item indeed ^_^

Disclaimer: the following drivel was made by a madwoman driven by voices in her head that normally direct her to kill kobolds and gnolls but sometimes makes her create seriously farse stories to keep them at bay. Now she will go while they chuckle merilly at her silliness.

If you think that's uber and requires a disclaimer, view this video review on a brawl game (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/4845-Zero-Punctuation-Super-Smash-Bros-Brawl)!

Disclaimer: Foul language and animated violence not the opinions or projections of this poster. Blame Australia (that's the accent of the narrator in above link).

Kalari
05-04-2008, 05:15 PM
If you think that's uber and requires a disclaimer, view this video review on a brawl game (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/4845-Zero-Punctuation-Super-Smash-Bros-Brawl)!

Disclaimer: Foul language and animated violence not the opinions or projections of this poster. Blame Australia (that's the accent of the narrator in above link).

lol this guys voices are waaay more distrubed then mine ^_^.

geoffhanna
05-05-2008, 09:28 PM
The shield is advanced on the loot table because it has twice normal hardness and nearly 3x normal durability.

Not a bug. Not an error. A really hard and durable shield.

Kargon
05-05-2008, 11:31 PM
The shield is advanced on the loot table because it has twice normal hardness and nearly 3x normal durability.

Not a bug. Not an error. A really hard and durable shield.

this backwamards. it have the hardnamess and duramabilimaty BECAUSE shield should include levamel 16 rr enhancemaments on it, are a bug with loot tables as othermers alreadamy said. hardness and duramabilimaty are pretty much based on the min levamel (and material) and the min levamel are only that high because loot generamator thought it put enhancemaments on it to fit a levamel 16 rr shield.

geoffhanna
05-06-2008, 07:36 PM
I don't know enough about the loot table code to really say. I retract my earlier statement. I can see why the sheild is expensive but the rest is speculation on my part.

chester99
05-07-2008, 01:15 PM
yeah... you stole my shield.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?p=1619331

JacknCoke
05-07-2008, 02:07 PM
fakey faker mcfake face!